Zach Lost us 2 (Almost 3) Games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Oct 10, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There goes that word bust again. Brady does have an injured thumb on his throwing hand. Cut him some slack.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yeah, he might turn out ok.

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You have understand, no other QB ever throws an errant pass, throws ff his back foot, with his shoulders not being squared up, while not set whatever all the QBs who watch games on TV see with Jets QBs and none other. Forget that Allen, Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady all of them do just that

cval likes this.
  4. LF911SC

5. legler82

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The comparison to the great quarterbacks in the league, who all played much better as rookies, routinely hurts silly passive aggressive posts like this.

7. LF911SC

Thanks, I didnt read it was just a case of you not being able to read.
    I said he had mechanics issue when he came to KC, not thats why he didnt start.

8. LF911SC

Passiver aggressive? How about this, it was sarcastic. If you cant read its on you. SO no it wasnt a silly post it was you being a dolt.

I'm saying all QBs throw errant passes. WTF is passive aggressive about what I said? If your going to answer for someone at least have a clue of what you are talking about. I'm not talking about when they were rookies, Im saying that Allen, Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady all of them throw off a back foot, with their shoulders not being squared up whatever from time to time. It happens but with some Jets fans, a back foot throw means its a bad pass or bad QB play
    Do me a favor, it you dont agree leave it, I'm tired with the nonsensical arguments to protect other QBs from those who have to idea of what theyre talking about and enough is enough. This started as a simple history lesson that a couple of you argued, the backup articles to clarify and now a spin in another direction, its over

#208 LF911SC, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Put your two bolded sentences together. Ones a question and the others an answer.

You're arguing something is true based on online pundits saying he had poor mechanics. Your argument is that the Chiefs reason for putting him on the bench was to fix his mechanics (unconfirmed) and that his mechanics have somehow changed based on an "article" (psst that's a fan blog) from Fansided.

Mahomes's mechanics are terrible. Still. To this very day. So if their attempts were to fix his mechanics to be better by traditional standards, they failed.

Your point about Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady and friends makes no sense. Yeah they make bad plays sometimes too. They make far more good plays than bad. When Wilson does, he gets the benefit of the doubt when he starts doing the same.

What quarterbacks is anyone protecting? You've dragged several other quarterbacks into this dude.

legler82 likes this.
  10. legler82

You said reports out of KC said his mechanics needed to be reworked. Is that an example of the KC reports or I can’t read?

11. LF911SC

And I never said it., you copy and paste where I did, I'l say my bad.

12. LF911SC

No, I said the reports were his mechanics were the worst they had ever seen.
    Nowhere did I say that he sat until they fixed them.
    You would think that you would take that for face value but youre one of those who will insist on the true meaning of what someone explained

13. LF911SC

Other than I was explaining that theres more to playing QB than highlighting a back foot throw, a off platform throw, etc

14. legler82

I’ll take any report sourcing that KC said his mechanics were the worst they’ve ever seen and that during the time he sat his mechanics were fixed. That SI is just another draft pundit an opinion. I don’t believe KC had any issue with how he threw the ball.

I know that was the case with Rodgers but from reports and comparing his college tape to his NFL tape. I have no evidence of that with Mahomes.

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Wilson with 1 win - he's a bust, no accuracy turnover machine. Should have traded the pick.

Lawrence with 0 wins (when written, now 1 win), 1 less interception - he's righting the ship.

#215 JackBower, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    cval, LF911SC and bicketybam like this.
  16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I get Zach is a rookie, he gets nervous, grips, makes terrible throws. I get he'll become more comfortable as time goes on.

But when he flat out misses EASY passes, this is not on being a rookie. It's on being nervous and gripping. Squeezing the ball too hard...can't help it. Sure he may outgrow the yips, but what happens when we make the playoffs, or another 'huge' must win game? Will his 'yips' take back over at the worse times?

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

*insert the obligatory Jim Mora "Playoffs?!" rant*

Footballgod214 likes this.
  18. LF911SC

Who says its not being a rookie? Hes rushing passes that are normally easy for him and his talent level. I remember the young Favre, he would come into games throwing scatter balls all over the place in the first half and then settle down into being Favre.
    I'll worry about "yips" in the playoffs when we get to the playoffs. The kid has a ton of talents that we havent seen around here since, forever. Arm strength, arm talent, release etc havent been part of a QB here not named Namath

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Man oh man--Mahomes looks terrible.

That's the thing with those off schedule guys--it seems to be either feast or famine.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Young Favre is from a bygone era where quarterbacks were expected to struggle for 4-5 years and had a very long leash because the franchise committed to them. That's not the case any more. Young quarterbacks generally come in and play well or else they will have a difficult time having a good career in the pass + offense friendly NFL.

If it's a saving grace for anyone, all of the rookie quarterbacks have sucked so far and pretty much no one's been right here, including the big Darnold + the 456 draft picks guys.