Elijah Moore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Oct 10, 2021.

1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

REVISion likes this.
  2. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

See link above.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

PJ4Ever likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

why dont they just run an offense like almost everyone else in the league?

Wilson in the pistol, Carter next to him. 4 WRs spread out, or 3 & a TE. Quick traps to Carter, the occasional jet sweeps in the running game, quick slant passes, quick outs, and deep posts in the passing game.
    --

Everyone does it because it works. It is simple, you are never going backwards and you are using the whole field. this garbage 2 TE/FB stuff, with all the motions and deep dropbacks is outdated

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

You can see the difference in his demeanor between planned plays and off-platform plays. When he's in the pocket he seems stiff and robotic. When he's flushed out of the pocket and he has to improvise, he looks confident and in charge. It's an obvious difference. Just watching, you can feel the difference.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The 49ers do all of this stuff you described in the second paragraph and use play action off of it effectively.

Yet we're using this antiquated 1980s under center play action offense for some reason with two trash tightends and a fullback on the field that probably wouldn't make most NFL rosters.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

When it clicks and he starts hitting them all, you will see it truly was not an accuracy issue. I get feeling that way right now though, as he truly has been inaccurate on too many of his passes so far. I just don't think it is about ability or an actual accuracy issue. He just needs to get more comfortable and allow the game to slow down in his mind. It will happen.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Based on the Atlanta game, the only game I've been able to watch due to being out of market, I found myself continually counting the number of defenders on screen...I never do that, but it struck me that I don't think I've ever consistently seen so many defenders on the viewable tv screen prior to the snap...it was pretty consistently 9 on the screen...So play action or not, ATL (and probably others) are going to dare the Jets to throw until they can do it consistently. And until that happens, the running game will be tough to live off of, not to say they won't get yards but it fizzles out during drives due to the shear number of defenders playing run on almost every down.

PJ4Ever and SOJAZ like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you really need to get your eyes checked or understand the game better. I've seen every game he played in college that's available on tape, and your "analysis" couldn't be any further from reality.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Traditionally play action usually helps young QBs.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

conversely he’s like 3rd in the league with passes over 20+ yards.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How many of those came in garbage time when chunk plays were ceded by the opponent in exchange for clock?

We haven't played many minutes this year where those throws would've been game changing although he gets points for being accurate enough to complete them.

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

NC, that maybe but Wilson is among the league’s worst in a number of statistical categories. He leads the NFL with nine interceptions, is 27th in passing yards, tied for 28th in passing touchdowns, 31st in completion percentage and 32nd in quarterback ranking. This isn't all on OC or OL... just saying.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The offense has been playing catch up, and usually play better in the 2nd half of games. So it seems making adjustments is something the staff is able to do. But they start so slow. Didn’t Zach say the offense gets around 7 plays per 1st quarter or something like that? The offense barely gets on the field. The run game has been a struggle and they don’t do it enough. If the play count can get somewhere near 70 instead of the 50 plays it’s been near so far, that will help a ton.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Then explain this: Wilson is among the league’s worst in a number of statistical categories. He leads the NFL with nine interceptions, is 27th in passing yards, tied for 28th in passing touchdowns, 31st in completion percentage and 32nd in quarterback ranking.

16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am still hoping ZW gets better and becomes a solid QB. I am sure he s got some tools that folks are seeing and good things will come out if it. I agree he ll play better but curious to see if he becomes a solid QB and executes to move the chains and out points on the board.

that said I agree SOJAZ you can’t ignore the numbers and stats. Whether that means anything, no but if some folks want to pin only on the OL or OC, then I do have an issue with that. I am hoping ZW turns around and has a clean game.

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

That would make far too much sense. This is the Jets we're talking about.

PJ4Ever and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Quite simply it is a team game. Everyone on the offense is pressing and making mistakes. If you factor in drops Wilson is the 4th most accurate QB in the league when he gets the ball out in 2.5 seconds or less with a 89.5 percent adjusted completion percentage. Where he has struggled is on long developing routes and PA both of which the Jets run a lot of. The second area he has struggled on is routine throws within the structure of the offense. As he has pressed his mechanics have gotten worse in games 2 to 5. This is what happens when a rookie tries to do too much and win the game by himself. But, then again he is being asked to do a lot more than a typical rookie and everyone on the offense is young, and making mistakes. The problem is not Wilson it is everyone on the offense. Too many mistakes by everyone kill drives which forces more mistakes. The offense never gets a chance to get a rhythm and confidence. Confidence is huge for young players and that is what is missing. It just takes time. Wilson will be fine. Lafluer will be fine, Moore will be fine and the OL will improve. The measurement of success is where everyone is in December not where we are today. Don't get too excited by game 4 as there were lots of rrd flags but at the same time don't jump off a bridge after game 5. I don't think it us wise judge young players on every up and down but over time.

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I will not judge if it is outdated or not, but we are not running it effectively. Zach has to make perfect throws and that is just not reasonable. First time I saw Davis slow up on that int. It was not a sailed throw.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This take is much to reasonable. I would much rather fire the coaches after every game we lose.

dmw and NCJetsfan like this.