Why We Suck

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why are you so proud of what you don't know? And your BS about my opinions and the NY Times? How was that pertinent to anything at all? If you live in a glass house, at least wash your windows every now and then - you might actually see what's going on.

#141 Ralebird, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We suck because we're a marketing-oriented team that never lets the football side of the house run the show.

Period.

We drafted Zach Wilson because he was a photogenic young QB who could be marketed easily. Same reason we took Mark Sanchez.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

50k Plus to that Brad

The Johnsons are behind this whole sham

Curiously Sanchez and Rex actually got us to the AFC championship

How do you explain that?

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rookie Everything.. that is all you need to know.

NCJetsfan, Acad23, cval and 1 other person like this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

There are certain things that I will not excuse Coach Saleh for simply being a rookie head coach. Please consider this: In his prior job he was a defensive coordinator. How can you possibly excuse a former defensive coordinator for Kyle Pitts being open all day when he was the only passing option for the Falcons simply because he is a rookie head coach?

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and PJ4Ever like this.
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

another horrendous take

bicketybam, NCJetsfan and PJ4Ever like this.
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Why is this so hard to understand. We have the youngest team in the NFL and have had chances to win 4 out of the 5 games played and have actually won a game. 12 more games to go , we will win a few more.

This board is really tough to read after a loss.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of good young teams. I think the youth/inexperience in the coaching staff is having a greater impact on our record.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Not really. Good young teams are usually a mixture of vets and young guys not rookies. We are starting how many rookies. Even the "good" young teams are usually in the .500 range.

I think they are both having an impact especially on offense. Some of the plays on O may have worked with vet QB but an experienced OC may be able to make adjustments.

Just take a look at this board. Game 1. O-line sucked 2. Zach with 4 picks 3. O-Line and drips again 4. we win 5. O-line is decent defense cant stop anybody.

We are going through growing pains of a young staff, young team. I personally like the direction of the team. I think Zach is showing signs of being really good and has made a couple valiant comeback attempts. I love the intensity the defense and how our corners have stepped-up. All of our rookies have played well and have had rude awakening's of what takes to play in the NFL.

It will all come together (hopefully) and we string a couple of solid wins together. Next year we should be that good young team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The average deviation between roster age across the NFLA is not great enough for it to be the constant excuse for poor play.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking...Bears have the,t already have enough problems.

I will agree that we probably have more youth playing in key positions than most though.

11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Ive seen mostly irrational bitching, complaining and whining. Any positive posts just express patience for a new HC, OC, DC and QB, which, for any rational fan is reasonable take.

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Is that why there was a poll taken before the draft and literally every GM surveyed said Wilson was QB2?

NCJetsfan, REVISion and Acad23 like this.
  13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

We must be spoiled from the legendary history of winning this franchise is known for....

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is not the age per se but the amount of rookie starters. As you stated the amount of rookie starters in key positions. Not to mention new system on both sides of the ball. Everybody is learning.

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The bitchers, complainers, and whiners have a much better track record than the so-called "rational" fans.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I guess what I'm not understanding is why the fan base should be so patient when we've realistically been the worst franchise in the NFL for a decade and just had an offseason with top 5 available cap space, and three picks in the top 34?

There's still some season to go but I definitely expected better results thus far - at least somewhat competitive results. We've basically lost 3/5 games by half time and I'd argue the Panthers game was pretty much lost by then too despite a nice comeback train.

Acad23 and REVISion like this.
  17. Br4d

Gosh, GM's voting publicly on player relevance and talent.

What a concept!

We should do that every year: ask GM's to rank the players *before* the draft so that everybody knows who they like and would take on any given pick.

18. Br4d

Rex had a singular talent at the position he was most adept at enhancing: CB.

Nobody else in the NFL would have put their #1 CB on the #1 WR, their #2 CB on the #2 WR and then blitzed like a maniac to force the QB to throw at one of them.

Revis was the best CB in the NFL that year and also one of the top 4 targeted, which is insane if you think about it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

We suck because of our poor drafting.

Teams entering into a rebuild either have a couple of veterans hanging around to mentor the kids or at least a few pieces they can move on for picks to accelerate the rebuild. If it wasn;t for the Adams trade we'd be trying to rebuild on basic draft position and having to overpay for FA's to come to our graveyard of careers.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And it's not just that they're learning new systems. It is my understanding that the D system is actually pretty simple, but our offensive scheme is notoriously complex for everyone. It takes years to learn and master. For a franchise who has gone as long without winning as we have, I think this was a foolish offensive scheme to pick, particularly since we didn't have a veteran QB and would be starting a rookie QB and would have a rookie OC. That's setting one's team up to struggle, if not fail, at a much higher degree than normal when changing an offensive scheme. Compound that with a rookie OC, a rookie QB, a rookie LG who missed most of TC and all of preseason, a rookie RB, a rookie WR who missed a bunch of time, and a starting OL that never practiced consistently as a unit during the offseason, and a couple of starters who aren't all that good anyway (GVR & Kroft), and it's a recipe for disaster.

NYJetsO12 likes this.