GAC Studs and Duds - Week 5 NYJ vs ATL 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 11, 2021.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:DYes, it's a joke, but it was a nice catch and he should be on the field more. Probably Wilson's best pass of the day.

Falco21 likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL ok good

I had to ask. Our judgment of talent is so low on the totem pole, it was a valid question :D

When there are guys like Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Stefon Diggs, etc. and we are fighting about Denzel Mims, we know we still got a long way to go lol

Acad23 and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. Falco21

And for the record, AVT looks like a fuckin stud the last two games.

If Becton can get healthy, him and AVT is a pretty fuckin sweet pairing by JD

cval, Pepsiguy5 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he had too many "easy" misses which is why I put him as a dud

REVISion likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

I don't remember the holding call. Pretty sure Q had one not shepard but I could be wrong. you remember when it was? i'll look for it on the rewatch

6. Falco21

Yeah I don't disagree. I completely get that.

I just initially thought he was a lot worse than he actually was after rewatching just his play

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

he looked the same he has the past 4 weeks but without the splash plays to balance it out.

REVISion likes this.
  8. JRJR

JRJR Active Member

Penalty Log

Penalty Yards Against Player Quarter Time Down Distance Declined Offsetting Home
    Roughing the Passer 15 N.Y. Jets Qu.Williams 1 12:55 3 9 No No No
    Illegal Shift 0 N.Y. Jets Unnamed 1 07:18 3 2 Yes No No
    Defensive Holding 5 N.Y. Jets N.Shepherd 1 06:58 1 10 No No No
    Roughing the Passer 15 N.Y. Jets N.Shepherd 2 12:24

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't mind the easy misses. That is part and parcel of never being able to get into a rhythm and gain confidence. Those are mistakes from pressing and trying to do too much. They will improve when the rest of the offense stops pressing and making mistakes. Although the 2 easy screen pass misses would have been big plays.

The only pass that upset me was the INT which ironically had no effect on the game. What pissed me off about the INT was he should have known better. It was the third series we were down 17 to zero. Both drives ended on drops where Wilson did his job and placed the ball in reciever hands. I get it. Wilson must have been pissed as he had done everything right on the 1st two series and they were still down by 17. So what does he do in response. He guns a laser over the middle late to his reciever.

Maybe it will look better on the All 22 but it just seemed like a very angry and immature response to the situation. He is pissed and decides to just throw it as hard as he can. I am glad he stopped after that pass and became more thoughtful. But, he should have known better and the QB cannot let things get to him. He has to always stay focused and level headed. I really hated that pass.

The Falcons game mostly seems like a lost game for the offense. The two drops got them so far behind they lost all chance to ever develop any rhythm, consistency or confidence. Really sucks that we have a bye week after such a dissapointing loss. It is going to be a long 2 weeks. Hopefully, Lafluer, Zach, the WRs and the offense can put that time to good use and regain a little confidence.

#29 Noam, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    cval and Falco21 like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

Thanks for that. I remember that call now but there was no replay on it.

So I just went back and watched it and yeah i can see the penalty. shepard cut in against the run and was chopped down at the thighs and while falling down grabbed a lineman to stay up who fell down with him so yeah it was the right call. In the same sense the play went for 5 yards so they had 1st and 10 accepting it instead of 2nd and 5 but from the same spot. not a huge deal and not something to really fault him on. However 63 on the falcons clearly held 51 on the jets and 61 on the falcons clearly held 98 on the jets. It should have been offsetting penalties if the refs weren't ass.

K'OB likes this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

An interesting stat on Wilson is that on quick throws of 2.5 seconds or less he has the 4th best adjusted accuracy (for drops) rate in the league at 89.5 percent completion rate.

Where he has struggled is long developing plays particularly play action passes. Against Atlanta the Jets used their highest % of PA passes this season at 42 percent.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/10/11/mike-lafleur-save-zach-wilson/

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

First Atlanta Possession 14 plays 62 Yards
    3-0
    Jets first Drive 3 plays 8 yards
    ATl
    10 plays 92 yards TD
    10-0
    Jets 2nd drive- 3 plays 8 yards
    three yard loss on second down run
    Good pass from Zach but could not convert on 3 and 13

Atl third Drive 8 plays 77 yards TD
    17-0
    You should not be down 17-0 after 2 drives. The defense was reeling and the offense could not help.

Next drive Zach throws a bad pick gets bailed out by defense.

fourth drive

16 plays 74 yards Kick FG 17-3 the Jets have life and gave the defense and 8 minute rest

Next drive Atl goes 10 plays 42 yards to give up yet another FG. The defense did not play well in the first half.

LAJet and Noam like this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

His worse throw on the screen that everyone is talking about came off of the Jets best drive. Zach could have finished the drive with a good throw but he played well on that drive.

The out on the second drive he missed was on purpose. The DB was jumping the route and would have been a pick six.

The missed throw over the middle to Davis on the second drive I believe was not a great throw but still hit Davis in the hands.

As you said we cannot rely on rookie QB to carry a team. Unrealistic

#33 cval, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Noam and Falco21 like this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

they were gassed. we held them to 3 after a 14 play drive aided by the refs that took up 6:14. then we went 3 and out in under 2 mins. then they put together a 10 play drive for a TD for 5:16
    offense went 3 and out in under 2 mins. in the 1st quarter our defense was on the field for 11:30 and our offense for 3:30. that's brutal. Then to start the 2nd they had a 4 min drive for a TD. jets had a 15 second posession on an INT. defense got it right back with a fumble then the offense put together a 7:30 drive for a FG. after that the defense started to play well.

I understand they weren't good in the 1st half but when the TOP is that slanted it's brutal for a defense

cval likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They weren't "gassed".... they were outsmarted.

cval likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

You can see it how you want. I'm not here to convince people of anything.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If the defense was "gassed" after a couple of 3 & outs... then we need a new strength/conditioning coach.

legler82 likes this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

People putting most of the blame on our defense are overlooking that Atlanta's defense is terrible. IMO our offense is why we lost the game.

legler82 and Jets79 like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

clearly you've never played any sport to make that comment

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty good at billiards...

Atlanta scored on their first three drives.

We were out-schemed... it's that simple.

bicketybam likes this.