Zach Lost us 2 (Almost 3) Games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Oct 10, 2021.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That wasn't lights out, that was an average game by NFL QB standards. We just haven't had average QB play since 2015 (and haven't had elite QB play since 2002), so it seems like he was lights out.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Because youre seeing what you want to see?
    Whats youre argument, that I dont know what im taking about those that coached KC dont know what they were talking about, those that covered KC dont know what theyre talking about, the scouts didnt know what they were talking about?

3. LF911SC

Trying to figure out your point. This happens in the draft all the time. Jets had Favre as 1st round talent, we just missed out on him in the 2nd, know it well. Then Jets GM Dick Steinbergs asst GM Ron Wolf who moved onto GB as their GM traded for him with Atlanta. Where did I even come close to saying the guys who had Mahomes as 2nd or 3rd day talent were right? WTF, it was a simple comment, thats where he was picked to go. And given what hes done they were dead wrong he was 1st round talent. Like Brady, thats where it comes in.

4. LF911SC

Okie Dokie, just under 300 yards, etc etc is average. OK just a little off.
    We havent had much since 2015 so we should call good games bad or argue if it was lights out or just very good.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I get it's nitpicky, but at the same time, I think one of the reasons TGG in general rationalizes the Jets performance to be better than it is is that it's been over a decade since we've experienced something that's very good. So by comparison, bad seems okay, okay seems good, etc. For instance, I'd love to see a Jets QB have a game like Lamar Jackson just had, which was incredible, but I can't ever recall a Jets QB having a game like that, even once.

NYJetsO12, LF911SC and REVISion like this.
  6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If they were dead wrong about that, why are you certain they are right about his mechanics?

7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This holds true for the eye test, too. I have Sunday Ticket so I'm always watching various good teams in addition to the Jets. Our defense has generally been NFL-level but our offense has legitimately resembled a high school one for as long as I can remember. It's stunning when you compare a team with an actual good offense to the Jets. It's like they're playing by different rules or something. We haven't even been close to average on offense for many years now.

NY Jets68, Noam, NYJetsO12 and 7 others like this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets haven't looked competent on offense for more than a game or two stretch at a time in 5 seasons now. Really it has been most of a decade since the Jets were good with Fitzmagic in 2015 the only respite from terrible offensive football.

7 times in 9 seasons the Jets have scored less than 300 points. They're headed there again this season, even with a 17th game on the schedule.

NYJetsO12, REVISion and PJ4Ever like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Can't argue with that tbh

10. LF911SC

Because these were the reports from KC. Why is everyone protecting Mahomes? Who was wrong about his mechanics? This is the worst argument in the world, no one was wrong about his mechanics, thats why they had to fix them. As they do with lots of college QBs from Brady to our Darnold

11. legler82

The “report” you provided was from a fan site. I’ve yet to see a report out of KC about this.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I searched Google pretty far and wide about changing his mechanics and haven't found a thing as reported by the Chiefs. I think it was a lot more about learning to run an NFL offense and reading pro defenses. Below is an interesting article somewhat outlining how his mechanics work for him because he's unique.

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a35269065/patrick-mahomes-body-throwing-mechanics/

If the Chiefs were aiming to fix his mechanics they did a piss poor job by traditional standards. Because his mechanics look nothing like they should.

legler82 likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Maybe the guy is mixing up Rodgers & Mahomes. Rodgers was the guy that went through a transformation in his throwing style while carrying the clipboard. (and even after that surprisingly)

Jonathan_Vilma and legler82 like this.
  14. LF911SC

No it wasnt, thats not a fan website and neither is SI.

You dont want to believe it, you have some weird agenda, thats fine but stop arguing, you're dead wrong he came out of Texas with mechanical issues that were fixed. Have no clue why this bothers a Jets fan so much

15. legler82

https://www.voxmedia.com/pages/sb-nation

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So when does Woody Johnson give us all a Xmas bonus for enduring this Prison Term watching this damn Franchise???

At the very least, he should ask Petrozza who the Members on this Board are say hes emailing us all J & J Coupons to use at Walgreens heh

17. LF911SC

And its says its a fan site where, other than its for fans, like every other football site
    How about SI, you keep ignoring that little bit.
    But keep lapping up to Mahomes

18. legler82

I didn’t see a SI article. Can you repost?

19. legler82

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-6-2021-season-rankings

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That Brady guy missed a couple of easy throws. I think he is a bust.

LF911SC likes this.