This loss is completely on Coach Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 10, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Really high but not above the man that drafted him.

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Thank you, great post. talk is cheap and that is all this HC has shown so far, he is being outcoached every game and that is troublesome since he is an NFL lifer. Irrespective, of his rookie status, he is an NFL lifer and should, you would think, have an idea of why his players - that he and JD selected - are so dysfunctional?
    Yet his team is 1-4. Let that sink in... What is the most troubling thing for me is the way they lose, see above which is, IMHO, an indictment of this CS ability to coach period. When you have people running free or give up 450 yards or only play 30 minutes a game, look unprepared then that is poor coaching plain and simple.

They better get their shit together - meaning play competitively and not just 30 minutes - after the bye or there will be a lot more people like me wondering is this NEW regime is as F-up as the last one.

3. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

As much as I respect you as a poster and your very "no excuses, just results" expectations for the team, even I disagree with this.

I said before the season I thought the Jets would go 7-10 and I still think that now. Particularly, the Jets offense, because that's really what we're talking about as the weak point with this team. The defense got their asses handed to them by the dirty birds but for the most part the defense is OK. It's offense that's really a major issue.

It's my belief that what you saw against the Titans was the very briefest of moments where you could see the teams chemistry on offense. It was a fledgling thing and I knew at that moment it could just as easily leave the team as it could stick with them? It was obvious against Atlanta it had left them. But I say with confidence that the chemistry will be back.

Really, the biggest misconception about this team is that the talent level is so low. Well, JD changed this roster to the tune of about 60% overhaul. That's actually ENORMOUS change. The new faces are very young. This is the youngest team in the league to my knowledge? So it goes without saying, especially given a new CS, that it's going to take time.

Zach needs to learn how to execute plays with good timing and ACCURACY. That's what constitutes playing "boring" football as Robert Saleh said. Even against the Titans, I didn't see any boring football. I just saw chunk plays based on playground football. Nothing really organized. The boring football is what is missing. They'll get there I'm sure, but Zach needs to work on completing those routine plays. Right now he's either very late in throwing the pass or his accuracy stinks. The defense is also not fooled by the Jets attempts at play action. This is because they do NOT respect the Jets running game. Mike Lafleur SUCKS at calling plays and he abandons the running game way too early.

Keeping a pragmatic eye on expectations is important, but taking a sample of 5 games and drawing conclusions like 1-16 is going way, way overboard in the other direction.

The Jets are DEFINITELY going to win more than one game. It may not be 7 games like I've predicted, but I still think 6 to 8 games is where they're at? We'll see......

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

To some extent all of our losses are on the CS because we are terrible in the first half of games, especially on offense. That is a reflection of our game prep and the CS. After 5 games there is no excuse for that. I cant even rule out that part of the reason we improve in the second half is we've lolled the other team into thinking we suck so bad.

We need to get back to old school prep. Forget "all gas and no brake" because it makes us look stupid at this point. The only slogan that applies here is, "potential means you haven't accomplished anything yet".

Get old school this bye week. Put on your hard hats and practice doing your job. The focus should be completely on beating your man from the first snap. No hype - no excuses.

Ralebird, Pepsiguy5 and cval like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's the Jets version of the "rope a dope".

'Cept the dopes are us... :confused:

HackettSuxTNG and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

6 games? Sure lol

Go reread all your paragraphs before the last one..lotsa hope lotsa bad CS lotsa bad LaFleur lotsa bad Zach Wilson
    And what "he has to learn" ...guess what ? nothing will be happening with this team till 2022. The team and prob the Coaches are poop..just face it. Douglas has to show us these players he got can actually get us a W...I am sick of the "potential " ...Feh. Go out and play 4 qts of football please

So given all that you conclude we can win 6 games ?? That not a logical conclusion to draw from everything you threw up there. Like I told my friend NC predicting one more win for this year and you are Psychic

No offense but you remind me of where I used to be several months ago>>>deluded

7. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Excuse me.... Not necessary to be borderline rude....

And where in my post do I claim to be a psychic? WTH do we do here? We're ALL psychics as we all make predictions pertaining to the team. Your predictions are no more or less deluded than mine.

And based on what I posted, it's the OFFENSE that's the problem. NOT defense and NOT special teams. It's the offense and the CS. To say it's impossible for the offense to improve this season is absurd.

I also never said anything would happen for this team in 2021. I predicted 7-10. Does that indicate, in any way, a playoff record? Where the team would actually have a longer season than just 17 games like you're eluding to?

Just because I have a different view than you is not a reason to get borderline nasty. I'm not a threat to you, being polite IS alowed....