It's almost that time... 2021 NFL and College Football Betting Thread

Discussion in 'Virtual Vegas' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm showing App State opening as 4 point favorites. Where do you see they opened as dogs?

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

3. Jonathan_Vilma

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

YEAH BABY!!!!@

I don't know if the link I sent you is more reliable--it may have the earliest open tho--if you research it plz let me know

5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ashby is a rook with nasty stuff--drafted 4th round in 2018 made his way thru the farm pretty quick--may have been to big a scenario for him tonight--his first MLB appearance he got rocked then has been money since--surprised Counsell had this kind of confidence in him tonight but he'll be better next time--if there's a next time

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Rockhold backed out of the fight so there goes our easy money. At least he did it early enough for Strickland to get another opponent.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Is that Andy Ashby's son or relative?

That sucks but you called it.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Think I'm going to put Syracuse on as two touchdown dogs at home right now. They did me well covering the 6 versus Wake Forest. Clemson will fix itself eventually and get an offensive rhythm but I don't think this is the spot for that.

I didn't see the game but I heard Boston College got jobbed last week by the refs.

Either way, Clemson has no business being two touchdown favorites over anyone right now.

IDFjet likes this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

The brewers pitcher Ashby is apparently the nephew of Andy. As you said earlier, the Crew's have disappointing offense--their GM did everything he could do given the budget constraints from this "small market team" which the owner is always talking about.

But it's BS and I'll tell you why. The current owner of the Brewers paid like 250 million for the team about 15-20 years ago. The franchise is now estimated to be worth 1.25 Billion. But the dude tells you he's broke on receipts. Meanwhile his equity is growing by 50 million+ a year. If he would take some of that equity and sign a catcher or 1B they may be still playing now. They have if not the best GM and manager in the league, one of the best.

Will post later on College FB

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Just looked it up and they have a top ten attendance in the league too. That guy isn't hurting for money.

Only thing I'll see is that Yelich seems like he's absolutely killed them this year. He needs to be the big bat in the middle of the order that he wasn't.

11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

For sure--also Keston Hiura just fell off a cliff--the dude was a 400+ hitter in college and 350 in the minors. Started fine and then the last 2 years got worse and worse. He was supposed to take over 1B this year and ended up in the minors

And Lorenzo Cain was hurt much of the year.

But 3B, 1B, and C were big question marks going into the season. Stearns the GM was able to pick up Adames, sign Wong, and had already picked up Urias a year or two ago so he got 3B covered.

At 1B he was gambling on Hiura and lost. They we really bad there until he got Tellez cheap.

My issue is that the Cardinals were able to pick up Goldschmidt and Arenado--either of which at the time would have kicked ass for the crew.

They also let Yasmani Grandal go after 2019 along with Mike Moustakas.

It was only due to Stearns that they're competitive--the dude is a great at his job--the mets tried to poach him a year or two ago.

12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I agree with you on Syracuse--there's risk here that they cave after losing 2 tough ones in a row but +14 is generous based upon past performances.

I put a little something down as a bookmark for later in the week:

10/13/2112:50 PM
    Placed - 3 Team ParlayTo Win +348
    • Syracuse +14 (-115)(115) Clemson @ (116) Syracuse
    • Nebraska (-180)(143) Nebraska @ (144) Minnesota
    • Michigan State (-185)

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Any early thoughts on Arkansas/Auburn? I actually think Arkansas is overvalued here and I believe the money will still moving with them. Line could get up to 6 maybe?

They won't be able to run the ball on Auburn like they did on Ole Miss. Jefferson also played the game of his life in the loss.

I'd like to see the money flow away from MSU but Caesars has it at 90% spread (MSU) and 86% ML. That seems way too high but the betting public is sometimes dead one.

I don't love LSU especially after they burned me against Auburn but they and Orgeron are wildly desperate for a win. The heat is on him again after his second consecutive 3-3 start. Both teams play pissed up. This could be a really good live bet on either depending on who scored first.

I might put in Nebraska now. They're a better team than they've played while I think Minnesota sucks. That line has moved from 2.5 to 4 already.

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm pretty confident with NEB--they've played well since that first game against ILL.

Damn--high 80+% on MSU--that's a terrible sign. I just threw that in there cause IND has played poorly--you predicted that I recall.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm hoping to see Nebraska come down so I'm waiting.

Any thoughts on NFL or Sun Belt action tonight? Georgia Southern - stats indicate the passing game is just dreadful but they run all over everyone. USA is the opposite - bad run game, good passing game. Both teams played ULL tough (one score game in both).

@dawinner127 - what you got props wise for Eagles/Buccs?

@Lon Chaney @Brook! @BrowningNagle as well fellas.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Didn't get a chance to look at the Bucs/Eagles game but Tom Brady on primetime against an average team makes me lean towards Bucs but they are the away team so there is that.

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any way G. ST. would have lost to "Incarnate Word" although S.Ala. did.

10/14/211:30 PM
    Placed - SingleTo Win
    • Georgia Southern (+130)
    Oh i may have messed that up--USA lost to texas state who lost to incarnate word. Hell, I'll stick with GS.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm taking South Alabama just because I know their QB and hes the only guy I know on any team.

Not a betting strategy I would recommend but the USA QB is Jake Bentley. He started as a freshman at South Carolina, played 4 years there, then started last year at Utah and is using his whopping 6th college year as their starter. The guy is experienced, smart (coach's son) and has played against some of the best talent in college football in the past, some of which was before some of the Georgia Southern players were even born! (okay that one was a joke)

South Alabama -3 for me

--

seriously though- Jake Bentley played against Deshaun Watson in a real college game. Deshaun Watson, the same guy who has climbed the NFL's highest mountain and fell off already.... And the whole time Jake Bentley has been starting college football games. And tonight he plays another one

#718 BrowningNagle, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    IDFjet and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

I was leaning USA as well so I think I'll stick with them. Worries me because I saw the loss to Texas State who didn't win a game last year but those boys played Baylor to only a 9 point loss to start the year so they must've gotten better.

Prolly bring the line down to 2.5 or maybe ML.

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You can't post this great info before I bet on the other side? ;)

Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.