Maye requests trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Oct 12, 2021.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There's no reason to assume Maye didn't keep the info from the Jets on his agent's advice. His agent has been curiously silent during this situation, especially after all of his big talk a week ago.

Red Menace, stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This scenario is far more likely. I think Maye has already played his last game as a jet though.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if only good players on this roster ignored hitting the open market and signed extensions immediately with us.

Sucks

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A shocking end to a decent Jet, who would ever have thought ti would turn out like this with Maye.

Get him traded for the best deal we can, I'd snap Njoku up from the Browns any day of the week, why they don't use him like they did last week in every game is anybody's guess.

Maybe we could swap him for Adams at this point lol I joke I joke

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

6. Falco21

I saw this coming as soon as I started to see his agents actions. There is one thing very different about this coaching staff and management, they want players that are here for the team and are here long term. Guys like Jamal Adams and now Maye, do not fit that mold.

As soon as his agent starting making stupid remarks on twitter, it broke the camels back.

He's a good piece to trade. This off field concern might lead to some issues getting anything substantial though, which sucks

mrjet80, K'OB, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  7. K'OB

Can't argue with that, Maye didn't like the tag but at the end of the day he must know how the league works and if he wanted a big contract he should have got out of college quicker lol

Just a shame that a guy who really hasn't been any bother has just gone off the rails after all this time, hopefully the DUI and the keeping it hidden doesn't bite us on the arse but Maye and his agent can fuck off asap.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

OJ Howard barely plays when Gronk is on the field.

9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I wonder if we could swap him for a decent/usable TE on a contending team.

Teams like the Chiefs, Rams, Bucs, etc. might try to give up slightly more for him thinking he could be a boost to their SB chances.

If we could get OJ Howard and a pick for Maye, I'd do it.

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

So this is how that weird 2017 draft ends up. Two safeties taken first and second, both turn out to be good players... both off the team in less than five years. (I'm assuming Maye will be traded, I don't see any point in keeping him at this stage.)

At this point I would love to get a decent tight end in return. I'd prefer that to a draft pick because we really need to do everything we can to help Wilson settle down and a reliable pass-catching tight end could be a big help.

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Flores wouldn’t be smart enough to pull a gag like that and the Dolphins are just as poorly run as the Jets ……

Footballgod214 likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont blame Maye. He has been trying to get an extension here for awhile now. Eventually you gotta feel like they must not want you and look elsewhere

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Exactly this.
    It was great watching the team get gashed up the middle while JD squabbles over an extension that we all know isn’t coming (because he won’t extend anyone here before him).

Now next offseason we will either open the wallet for a FA, or expend valuable draft capital trying to fill the massive voids left in our secondary. Just drags on the rebuild at a painfully unnecessarily slow pace.

Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

yep, Maye centerfielder safety gets traded because the Jets wouldn't extend him. In the offseason the Jets overpay for some expensive veteran safety because "we really needed a centerfielder type safety, it was clear in the 2nd half on 2021" :mad::(

BacktoQueens likes this.
  15. Falco21

Maye is 28 years old. History has proven, time and time again, that defensive backs essentially fall off a cliff in talent after the age of 29.

Signing a 28 year old safety to a massive contract would not have been logical nor advised given the amount of draft capital and money we currently have.

I don't think Douglas was wrong not signing him to a massive extension

16. BrowningNagle

and yet when they sign a 30 year old safety to big money in the offseason it will be different

17. Falco21

They won't. I guarantee you JD does not sign a 30 year old safety to "big time money".

You can save my comment for future reference.

FJF, jonnyd and KY Jets Fan like this.
  18. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Writing is on the wall. Maye is a goner. He will be traded, or be allowed to leave end of season. The whole injury thing, is a farce, didn’t want to play in case of “real” injury, might derail any trade! If not traded will play the season out. And move on,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leicester Jet, papapump and K'OB like this.
  19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Another awful draft by us. Lol right after the Jamal pick. This is why the franchise sucks.

Jets79 likes this.
  20. K'OB

Q will be the big test then, no?

There hasn't exactly been a huge queue of superstar talent to resign.

Anderson 3/4 of this board hated him, half of them thought he was a one-trick pony, he didn't get signed because the HC didn't really want him.
    Fat Boi again not many people shouting from the rooftops about paying him a huge contract extension
    Adams talked his way out of this team bar the sacks and cheerleading he is nothing anyway, currently proving so at Seattle lol
    Maye a 28yo safety looking for a big payday, history suggests they drop in talent around 30 or at 28 if they get pissed up and crash their car.

Anybody missing that has got you all hot and bothered about JD not handing out big deals?

NCJetsfan likes this.