Why We Suck

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And some people like to shit on the fans that do just that.

When 99% of ones post history in focused on denigrating Jet fans... you have to wonder why that person hasn't been kicked to the curb.

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

This is why we suck. Look at Toney, Chase, Moore (ARI), look at Jefferson and Claypool last year. We never get guys who contribute right away. We're always waiting for the development that never happens.

legler82 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Sack the developers ;)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It was definitely more guys here than just DWC professing exactly what you find amusing in the bolded sentence; did you take some time off from here after the draft? Posters who did not get with the program and carry that torch were told to find another team to root for. Waiting for results was verboten.

5. Ralebird

Just you, and that was for celebrating the deaths of people in stupid partisan political battles; it has nothing to do with being a Jets fan. That's why I choose not to respond to you, and you know it.

As far as the Jets go, for anyone interested, I prefer to deal in reality - past, present and future and have no qualms about attempting to counter the opinions of those who have lost all contact with the reality that is the New York Jets, particularly those who demand all here share their irrational exuberance. When the time comes for celebration I'll be more than ready.

And I'll never call for anyone to be excluded from these forums simply because of their opinions, as abhorrent as they may be.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Your entire agenda here is to disparage & belittle fans of the NY Jets.... with the occasional stale joke thrown out in the lame attempt to seem affable.
    You don't know jackshit about football... your only interest is shitting on fans in this forum.

You go out of your way to parse an argument out of the most benign & innocuous things that posters on your "list" might say.
    Yours is the cowardly approach to fandom... never go out on a limb... annoyingly pragmatic.

A meek Monday morning quarterback with a nasty mean streak. You hate the team & the fans.
    What the fuck are you here for other than to shit on both.

Go ahead... do a search and find a post where you've been positive about the team or one where you've displayed any football acumen... or any interest in the game itself.

I don't need to call for you to be excluded... you've pretty much done that yourself.
    You are the proverbial turd in the punch bowl.

Please go back to ignoring me... there's actually a button you can click on to do just that.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't see JD using a 1st round pick on the RG. I think he'll look to sign a FA, or use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on the RG position.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It might not be in the first round but I definitely think he'll use one of the first 4 picks we have to upgrade RG, unless he signs someone in FA.

barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I could definitely see him using one of our firsts on a C, and one of the seconds on a RG.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Hey guys @Ralebird @Acad23 im as active as anyone on both the bs forum and the jets forum, so let's keep the mentions of political bs where it belongs. We are all frustrated that this team isn't better. I'm not trying to be a moderator, but i was surprised that the two of you, being such long tenured members, even mentioned politics on this side of the board.

11. Ralebird

I go out of my way to not engage only one poster on this entire forum because I find him a despicable excuse for a human being, not for his political views but for his disagreeable take on the value of human life. Having said that, being tracked by him and constantly attacked, usually with unsupportable lies, when he has not been a part of a conversation I occasionally will set the record straight - it is there for anyone interested in looking it up. Judge me for what I say, not by what anyone else says about me. I apologize to anyone offended by my words and did my best to not indicate any political slant while explaining this above.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Where did I mention politics?

13. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Fair point

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

RaleBird's just here to ask the tough questions and make sure everyone thinks twice about sharing their opinion about the Jets if there isn't a NY Times article that verifies that opinion.

Don't shoot the messenger, man.

Acad23, cval and KY Jets Fan like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s actually pretty funny that Acad started the thread “why we suck” then he turns into a rant about another poster being too negative

NYJetsO12, Ralebird and cval like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... maybe I should have started another thread.

17. Ralebird

Actually, I'm here for the same reason almost everyone is - to discuss the NY Jets. A few may be here for other reasons, like they root for another team and think they can blend in with nonsense. Some might even be on here making a dozen posts every day and not once discuss football if the politics section is open; that can go on for weeks at a time. Some of those same people rarely make a comment themselves - just paste in Tweets and other social media nonsense from others regardless of what section they post in. The political BS has driven big wedges into this group. I try to respond to what is written, not who writes it and while I seem to agree with you lately on what's going on with the Jets it seems like you're still pissed off about encounters we had over politics in the past. Yeah, I like to see posts based on facts and have a problem with those with little care for reality and am not reluctant to take a stand on those issues, but clearly identified opinions are what this is all about. That goes for all the forums here.

Some want the Jets to succeed so badly they sacrifice any real insight for irrational exuberance. Many of those same cannot bear to see a spade called a spade and refuse to believe their baby is ugly so they lash out at anyone shining the light of day on the subject. But how often do they ever come back with a mea culpa? As discussed briefly yesterday, it's ridiculous to be finalizing the verdict on any player or coach, good or bad, after five games in what, by all accounts is a rebuilding season (whether year one or year three) but that doesn't stop the extremists from posting. That's why after three weeks of miserable play the guys who were preaching for patience went batshit crazy with praise after a single decent game. Of course, those same guys went back into their caves following game five.

I doubt most of these guys would talk like this over a beer, face to face but have no problems making fantastic claims here. And you're a 100% correct, even if I believe sarcasm was on your mind when you wrote "Don't shoot the messenger, man."

NYJetsO12 and barfolomew like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not reading all that because it's all nonsense that has nothing to do with football as per usual.

I don't know that you've ever posted your opinion about any one particular player or posted what you think happened in this game or that game. It's just the usual drivel in questioning everyone why they said this or that about something.

Acad23 likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

they inevitability disappoint.[/QUOTE]

Can we repeat that at least 11 times for the last 11 asinine years of putting up with the Johnsons Junk Product ?

20. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I’m glad the OP posted the question.

It provided an incentive to vent…given the current state of The Jets we fans need an outlet.

This forum does just that for me.

Perhaps by the time we play the Bengals the shit will come together after hitting the fan…or fans if you will.

Acad23 and barfolomew like this.