Why We Suck

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Oct 10, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Good question. Why do we suck?[​IMG]

2. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

New HC, new OC, new DC, new GM, new roster with about 60% new players..... Are there any questions? Besides Jeff Ulbrich, and NOT against the Falcons, there's really nobody that's truly doing their job. As hard as it is to do we need to give them some leeway and honor that honeymoon period.

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's good news. If he continues to improve, it can only help when Becton comes back, whether it's this season or next.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dope. I wonder if we'll ever be able to run the below. Only the fans can see the gaping hole on the right side that ruins most negative plays I guess. It affects the rest of the line too.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are a young team trying to figure out the NFL. Give them some time.

Injuries have also played a factor: Lawson, Becton, Davis, Joyner, Maye, just to name a few.

Zach Wilson has jumped from BYU to the NFL. That is a big jump for a rookie QB. He has handled it mostly well, but it still has not quite clicked with him. Once it does, the offense will be truly fun to watch.

Where the Jets do suck and need improvements for 2022: Tight End, Right Guard, Fullback, maybe both safeties if they trade Maye or let him walk, and Cornerback even though the unit has been solid.

PJ4Ever, NCJetsfan, cval and 2 others like this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The man has his name tattooed across his forearms; anyone that does that is a psychopath and bound to be a good football player, it’s a proven fact.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The bolded drove me nuts yesterday.
    We have the worse QB (statistically) in the league... you have to give him some run support.

After Coleman ripped off that nice return we ran on every play leading to a td... it worked well with some pre-snap motion and mis-direction with an end around by Berrios.

Then they abandoned the run with almost a full half of football left.

p.s. Is there a stat on how many times Wesco whiffs on blocks?

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he seems to run behind Fant+Vera-Tucker when a few yards is really needed. He calls a slant to Davis when Wilson is struggling. Those are the only 2 trends I notice. But I agree the guy is a mess. Because he can't call anything else that works, those 2 trends even could become issues as defenses get more film they will expect those plays more

NYJetsO12, Jonathan_Vilma and abyzmul like this.
  9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I have a feeling that GVR will not be on this roster in '22. Whether JD goes the FA route or takes another IOL early in the draft is the only question.

I hope that we're able to land either Kenyon Green or Darian Kinnard in the 1st, either with Seattle's pick or in a trade down scenario. Preference would be Kinnard for homer reasons.

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I would put WR on that list too. Our WR's are solid but as we're starting to learn, they're not great. I think this unit is sorely missing a true #1 guy. I'm still hopeful that Elijah Moore can develop into something resembling/close to that but we'll see.

The Dark Knight and Acad23 like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Which is why everybody is howling for Mims.

A lot of the poor showing by the receivers in on Zach.

His accuracy is in the shitter... which is troubling.
    57% comp. 4/9 td/int ratio and a 63 QBR... mixed in with a few splashy passes ain't gonna get it done... :(

It's gonna be another long goodbye if he fails to step up.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

But we've been hearing for months how a new day had come to Jetland and the green unicorns would be soaring above the clouds. We heard about not just a franchise, but a generational, quarterback and the modern day replacements for Rockne and Lombardi. What's this honeymoon period of which you speak? Isn't that supposed to be all champagne and roses?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I have no idea how to even respond to this? A honeymoon is that unspoken period of time given to a HC where he doesn't get any flack. Besides, it's reasonable to need a little time to get the team playing at their peak, especially for a new HC. Anyone who thinks they were sold this bill of goods that would see the Jets soaring above the clouds in a matter of 5 games in the inaugural season just isn't very intelligent. A Jets fan expecting superiority in the first 5 games is like those spoiled little diva snowflakes. It's purely irrational for anyone to think that.....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And yet what we've seen from most on this website is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. How do you account for that?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Take out the Jets Jags and possibly Giants and you see 7 other Teams who have better Owners and improving Management

So for us J & J have stunk up the Franchise and Joe Douglas may have hired the wrong CS and regretfully ZW our QB...let see what happens

FTMR Joe Disappointment can still fire and hire over next 3 years

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Nobody was saying that beside DWC. Most fans expected growing pains.

I find it amusing how some think we can go from 2-14 to a playoff contender with a rookie QB and the youngest roster in the NFL.

This team is right where it should be. They will beat the Pats next week and then lay another egg or two and the board will be praising and calling Zach a bust.

It really is getting old with all the agendas on this board. I believe a lot of these posters are not Jet fans and just come here to rile us up.

We will not know if Zach is a bust or our Savior until year 3 just like Sam. Right now he is getting invaluable experience that will help us and him going forward.

PJ4Ever and dmw like this.
  17. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Why we are 1 and 4?

1. seems like every game. Zach and the O gets off to a slow start and we get behind early.
    I mean look at the Atlanta game. I saw the stat 23 offensive plays for the falcons and 3 for the jets.
    that’s unacceptable. Must get off to better starts.

2. in the NFL you must not allow the teams you are facing convert 3rd and long on a consistent basis.
    Too many time so far in the first 5 games the other team converts. That MUST be corrected.

Lam

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What doesn't kill him will make him stronger. We hope....

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fans that root for their team to succeed.

It's not that difficult to understand... except for a prig like you.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think you can root before and during games for them to win, then be mad/bitter as hell when the inevitability disappoint.

Ralebird likes this.