Denzel Mims?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and whose choice is it to keep Mims off the field??? Hint.. He used to be a passing coordinator.

blackssmagic likes this.
  2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Considering the questionable coaching play calls and decisions from this inexperienced staff so far through 5 games, it’s not unfair to question their decision of not playing him more. No one is saying he is a world beater but this staff has no track record proving they are putting the best product on the field at this point.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Considering that this is on the way to being yet another lost season (if it's not already there), there's absolutely no reason he shouldn't be out there. Get him some reps so he can get better. It's not as though, assuming for a second he's as bad as LaFleur and Saleh obviously think he is, that he can't lead us to 1-16 or whatever any easier than the other guys who aren't catching the ball can.

blackssmagic and BrowningNagle like this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

If gets on the field and does a great job, it'll be great. If they think he's not the best receiver to be in the field, Mims need to figure it out. I want him on the field too, but I'm not distorting the past to make it seem like it's a no brainer.

But this revisionist history is getting to be too much. He was OK last year sometimes, and disappeared in most games. Clearly he's not a student of the game to the point of concern. The Mims movement is like a martyr, the story is always grand as opposed to the actual reality.

For the record, I would like to see some of a Moore's reps to Mims as he's been really struggling... But it's not because Mims showed this amazing potential.

#904 JackBower, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    FJF likes this.
  5. JackBower

Actually yes, people are writing in this very forum that Mims is better then why of our receivers.. Davis included.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mims just another big catch...

Sigh....

back to the bench next week when Jeff Smith is healthy.

blackssmagic likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

yep, not good enough. Genius boy knows what he’s doing though

blackssmagic likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He against made most in limited snaps. His 20+ yard catch was crucial in a TD drive, and had another nice one too. I don't think anyone is saying he is a superstar, but when he is on, he seems to be doing well. Would like to see him more involved.

9. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Mims has had a great stat record in the games he has played this yr ,How can he not play more

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 2 catches for 33 yards is killer!! :rolleyes:

Jets81 and Ralebird like this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not a killer of course, but very good production given very limited time.

cval likes this.
  12. JackBower

It's just not true. This is where I break apart from the Mims cult

Last year in 9 games he had 23 catches and 357 yards. That's less than 2 catches per game less than 40 yrds a game... Not to mention the time missed.

This year he has 3 catches in 3 games. He has not been productive.

13. BrowningNagle

That’s a dumb way of looking at it. He barely saw the field in those 3 games. He has 21 snaps total all year.

3 catches for 77 yards on only 21 snaps

more production than Elijah Moore who has over 5 times as many snaps, among others. You can argue that he should sit the bench and the offense is better without him. (I dont know why you would, considering the offense is dead last), but you cannot argue with results.

#913 BrowningNagle, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What is going on with Elijah Moore? He is playing out of position, struggling with the offense or struggling with the speed of the NFL?

15. JackBower

Ok, what about last season? Why isn't he seeing the field?

He hasn't been productive.

16. BrowningNagle

2 questions and a false statement. I can give some thoughts on your questions though.

Ok, what about last season?
    Last season he was hurt and missed half of it because of a hamstring injury
    Why isn't he seeing the field? Because the staff is incompetent.
    ---

Saying he hasn't been productive is a false statement. Again, hes only seen 21 snaps. That's less snaps than Elijah Moore for example has seen in ANY 1 game all year. So basically it is 3 catches for 77 yards in less than 1 game's worth of snaps. So if he had played a full game and finished with that stat line, it would be a productive game. And yet... its still less than 1 game's worth of snaps.

"not productive" is Elijah Moore's 57 snap, 4 target game week 1 (both eclipsing Mims' entire season) where he finished with 1 catch for -3 yards. Not to pick on the kid, but I mean they are both young receivers here. One of which plays a lot and doesn't produce. And it aint Mims.

#916 BrowningNagle, Oct 12, 2021
    blackssmagic, Cman68 and legler82 like this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If he was at KC he would look great, that's all I'm saying.

blackssmagic likes this.
  18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Or get him some reps to improve his trade value.

19. JackBower

It was 2 questions and an opinion. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why we did.

I'm not just talking about this year, and neither is the Cult of Mims. The physical tools and last year are constantly brought up when saying he needs more opportunity.

He missed games, yes. Being available is important. But that doesn't change his average production of less than 2.5 catches per game and under 40 yrds per game. 9 games, 16 games that stat is the same. That's not very productive.

Let's see where Moore is 9 played games into his career, it's really not panning out to look much worse (still worse after 3 games).

The coaching staff is incompetent. That's 100 percent opinion. That Mims is good I can see it but our coaching staff, who sees and interacts with this guy on a daily basis can't, and are incompetent. You can go that route, I think it's completely delusional. Even if he starts by the end of the year and becomes a pro bowler, I can't take that opinion seriously. It's an emotional take.

Despite this, I am in agreement that Mims, or another wide out that has experience playing outside... Should be taking some of Moore's snaps as he's really struggling. But it's not because Mims is this great talent our incompetent staff can't use, but the other guy is sucking.

FJF likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

4 games for Moore actually and it's a lot worse. 2 catches per game for under 17 yards per game. "16 games that stat is the same" according to you

if we thought like you that would project out to a 32 catch, 264 yard 16 game season for Moore. Mims' 9 games alone eclipses that

#920 BrowningNagle, Oct 12, 2021