I see two winnable games left on the schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 10, 2021.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Falcons was a winnable game - didn’t work out. The Colts, Dolphins, Texans, Eagles, and Jax are also all winnable. Perhaps by that point in the season the Jets may be rolling a bit better.

We all knew going this was a rebuilding season going in….if they only win 3 games it is what it is. Better draft picks and this team needs at least one more solid draft if not two.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There are a bunch more winnable games than 2 the rest of way. Whether or not we win any of them remains to be seen.

I don’t know why anyone thought this year would be anything more then a learning year any way? This is the first year of the roster being rebuilt which of course is going to come with growing pains.

We will likely have 4 picks in the top 40 or so next draft so yeah of course next year will need to start showing something or the CS and FO will start feeling the heat.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Douglas was hired in 2019, and while he didn't have the 2019 offseason, he had 2020 and 2021, so we're at least two years into the "rebuild." And the coaching change this offseason doesn't affect the composition of the roster.

legler82 likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I truly don't give a shit if we don't win another game. For the sake of our players, I hope we do, but if we don't, it wouldn't really upset me.

I just want this team to grow experience together and I want Zach Wilson to gain the invaluable experience starting in the NFL.

We have so much draft capital and money next offseason, I am pumped to see what JD does with it all. Year two under Saleh is going to mean a ton more to me than year one with a rookie QB

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Last year was the continuation of the tear down, This is the first year of the rebuild. The problem
    Is the fanbase is taking 50 years of frustration out on this team, which of course is ridiculous to the logical fans of the fanbase, unfortunately though those are few and far between with this fanbase.

cval and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2022 at the earliest...

The Dark Knight and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes...you are right . At least 15 more months of torture

So many positive posts ...except of course the ones predicting we beat some other Team this year other than the Titans lol...I am serious ..if the Jets beat another opponent it will be because those players are just recovering from COVID

I was feeling so hopeful the beginning of the Season...but wait I told myself... Lemme see the CS and ZW jell for 3 games before I get on these bandwagons of "oh we win at least 5 games" and noe there are those saying 7 games winners really? The team and CS are basically steaming poop ..please get a reality check

You hit the wall with 3 utter debacles . Your hopes drop 10 stories

Then like a junkie getting a shot of Dope we beat the Titans and we go crazy that Wilson is turning the corner

Fast forward from last Sunday's trip to the Tower of London where the Team got beheaded ..to replays of "cmon man " on MNF showing our goofball QB hitting Moses in the back with a "pass" >>>beyond HS bad and it's more freightening than Halloween if this shit with him continues

This Team is just Brutal

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and your point is?

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Keeps progressing"?

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I would suggest that the logical fans have been waiting to see a sign of improvement, nothing more. When do you expect that to be a possibility?

legler82 and Jets69 like this.
  11. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

The fish suck this year. Should be able to win one of those two games also so that’s 4-13.

maybe an upset of two from unsuspecting teams.

so that’s 5 or 6 wins.

Lam

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You forget who you're talking about, just like typical Jets fashion, having 2 weeks to prepare for the Patriots, they'll be a abomination, and gets slaughtered, they do it every year.

We're not beating Miami, unless it dictates the 1st overall pick

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

with the way they have been unprepared for sunday games all year long, this staff has shown no indication that an extra week of practice will bring an extra prepared team.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The problem is, we're NOT seeing progress. Yes, they beat the Titans, then went right back to being the Jets from the first three weeks. If we went 4-13, 5-12 or something like that but still played competitive games, that would be progress. That would say that with the right personnel, we'd be good.

But there is NOTHING to indicate that even one single player on this team is getting better, or that the coaches are learning. Not only are we losing, but we're being dominated in every aspect of the game almost every week. The team has not scored a TD in the first half all year long! I would argue that this team is actually worse than it was last year; all of our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks are showing signs of being busts.

I'm not on the "Fire Salah" train yet, but if there's no progress by midseason, I'm going to jump on the train calling for Douglas, Salah, and everyone below them to be gone. There's a difference between being "weak" and being totally incompetent. Right now, the Jets are track to have the historically worse offensive season in NFL history which, considering the upgrades at QB, O-line, and WR, should not be the case even if they are new!! That's on the CS for poor playcalling, poor player development, and poor game planning.

It may be early, but I'll just have to say it: They need to show improvement by the end of the year, or this entire coaching staff needs to be one and done.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

How do you figure Vera-Tucker is a bust? He will be a stalwart on the Jets OL for years to come. He’s already the best OL person on the Jets.

he’s a quality NFL player.

Lam

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Sorry but the staff is not going anywhere. When you lack talent loses come. If they win 4 or 5 games they will fine. As a fan you can't see improvement on TV. These coaches are here for the long haul. For the first time since the 80's they are doing it right.

cval and westiedog1 like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He definitely won't be one and done with all the young starters and a rookie OC and QB. I hope that he's told that if LaFleur is back and does the same job next season as he has done this one, that both of them will be shown the door following the 2022 season. That will leave it up to him whether he fires LaFleur or not.

18. NCJetsfan

I agree with your comment regarding wins., but not regarding the staff. The OC deserves blame when his scripted offense struggles to produce first downs, let alone points. He does nothing to help Zach settle in and build confidence. He's not putting his players in a position to succeed individually or corporately. Saleh isn't without blame, either.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I'm an eternal optimist, and I don't see the Colts game as winnable. The only way I see us winning that game is if Wentz, Taylor, Pittman, Braden Smith, Buckner, and maybe both Rhodes and Sin all miss the game.

At this point, the only games I see as winnable are the two against the Dolphins, the Jags game, and maybe the one against the Pats, and the Saints game. There's no way we're beating the Bucs, the Eagles. Bengals or Bills.

#59 NCJetsfan, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Seriously? If the team is worse, it's only because we have so many rookies and young players starting and playing significant minutes, have lost so many players to injury, and have a rookie HC and OC. None of our picks are showing signs of being busts. That's just ridiculous.

westiedog1 likes this.