I see two winnable games left on the schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You don't win games by chance. This isn't the MLB where the 50 win Orioles steal a three game set against the Red Sox.

But I get what you're saying - we will walk into a couple more wins this year. As ugly as it's looked, professional football teams usually do. We don't play a ton of veteran QB's the rest of the way like Matt Ryan (Hurts, Lawrence, Dolphins mess 2x, Mills/Taylor, Burrow, Mac Jones, etc.) so our gaping zone coverage defense will work against a couple of em.

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I feel like we’re semi-talented but very young and fragile.

I see us capable of beating most of the teams left on our schedule, but we’ll probably lose most of them if that makes any sense.

The Oline is actually playing better…that is a good start and makes surprise wins atleast possible

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yah…OL wasn’t the hot mess it’s been, which gives hope that they may gel over the next few games and become average…

still a long way to go but I don’t see more than 3 or 4 wins total for us this year…

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Jets will beat someone and get hot at the right time and catch the team on a bad day. Saleh will get his team playing every game.

the guys are going to roll over.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is if we had a 10 game series against the Titans, we wouldn't win more than a couple of those games. And that's the case with us and pretty much any team (except a team like the Bills where we have basically zero chance assuming they aren't resting starters, or a team like the Jaguars where it really is a 50/50 game). In other words, pretty much every team is better than us. But on any given Sunday, we can still pull out a win.

mrjet80 likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hey C your the Man

But the opposite is just as true ..the rest of the schedule sees us as an easy win. And every team ..and I mean everyone ..has a chance to beat us

So I say we win zilch zero .more wins ...nothing what I saw today and after 5 games has me convinced otherwise. This CS and sorry to say Zach just run their mouth with excuses and promises then perform like dog poop

So I hope for the best but prepare for the worst

And next year put together a bruising run game like Cleveland has ..it will be our QBs best friend and put him with no pressure .maybe QB will make better throws....plus get a TE Edge Rusher and of course an OL player

#26 NYJetsO12, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    mrjet80 likes this.
  7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Team lacks a lot of talent. Going to be a longgggg season.

eventually Saleh and Lefluer need to answer. One win doesn’t do it. They may be gone early next year if it’s a slow start too

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Underrated post. The bold is brilliantly said.

The Dark Knight and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Next game is winnable against the Pats and we still play the Dolphins twice. We play the jags the Texans and Eagles as well. we have at lest 2-3 more wins if the team keeps progressing.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That’s a possibility if the young CS gets better.

PJ4Ever and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Lions are better than their record indicates. They should be at least 2-3 right now and they have a coach that will keep them playing hard every game. (wish Campbell was coaching this team). I dont think they are in the running for the no. 1 overall pick at all.

It will come down to Jets, Jacksonville and Houston, dont forget about them, they are terrible.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

there is certainly an outside shot at 1-16 and the #1 pick in 22.....

of course we ALL know the jets will have pick #1 when there is no Luck, Lawrence, or Manning.

serious though as ugly as yesterday looked - we won't need a QB. patience.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

And I thought I was the Darksider around here... :)

I do think its time for us to move back into a more traditional RB role. These little guys (relatively speaking) probably aren't going to grind teams down. We need larger, more powerful RB's in the DHenry/Peterbuilt/Mack truck mode. Atlanta used their guy to just wear down our DL and I've seen it happen to us a lot. Time to return the favor and help out our Kid FQB and his Kid OC.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Jets completely outplayed the Pats that game other than at QB

15. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

The dirty birds was supposed to be one of those so called "winnable games". With that said, I might be punch drunk from drinking the Kool-Aid, but I predicted a record of 7-10 this season. I'm sticking to that prediction. What you saw against the Titans was a team with more talent then they get credit for. They're capable of much more than what we saw yesterday. They WILL take down a few teams this season that they're not supposed to beat....

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying @Cman65, but you can't assume the Jets are going to play like they did against the Falcons for the final 12 games because that just isn't true. The defense was horrible yesterday. The offense was pretty bad. The Jets end up losing 27-20, showing that the Falcons are not all that great, just as most of us felt.

As for winnable games, I think all 12 remaining games are "winnable". The two toughest are at the end with the Buccaneers at home and the Bills on the road. The Bills may have the #1 seed locked up by then. We don't know.

Will the Jets be the favorites in any game? That is tough. Like you said maybe the Texans and Jaguars. That is what happens when you are a rebuilding team with a rookie QB.

I think they can split the final 12 games and go (7-10). That is the progress we are looking for.

17. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Progress is not always measured in wins. Individual growth from a player that can be seen on film lets the coaches know they can win with him down the road. Right now the Jets have the weakest roster in the NFL. Getting 4 or 5 games in the W column makes no difference. Higher draft choices and getting more quality athletes is the key to moving up in the future. Enjoy the ride and buy in to the process and stop blaming the staff every week.

Noam likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ever the optimist! :)

We've seen the exact same 1st half scenario play out 5 games in a row. What makes you think suddenly we'll reverse that trend? Even with 2 weeks off, we have a kid OC who has zero experience in this area so expecting him to have an epiphany and turn into a real OC is stretching things just a bit.. 3-13 might even be stretching things.

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

If the Jets can just figure out how to put points on the board in the first half they will be a competitive team. One measly touchdown extra in the first half yesterday and the game goes into overtime again.

I would love to see them overcome this early game scoring drought and develop into a pesky team that gives opponents a lot of problems, to at least be in games. LaFleur needs to simplify things for the kid and use the running game much more often.

The Colts and Jags games are certainly winnable and likely a trap game victory from a team that doesn't try hard enough. Or maybe the Jets will just go on a 12-game winning streak.

#39 BleedJetsGreen1981, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It has to change. They can't just keep coming out of the gate slow. Mike LaFleur has not been great, but it really comes down to Zach Wilson. I believe he will improve and start games out better. LaFleur needs to call better games and I think he will. We saw flashes of it in the Titans game. The offense got on a roll and LaFleur was calling some good plays. As for the defense, I think they can and will play a lot better. The young guys will continue to improve, plus Jarrad Davis and Marcus Maye are returning soon.

When you watch the Jets, you see a young team that is close, but has not quite clicked yet. That is why I still have confidence that they will eventually succeed. It will click one day. On both sides of the ball. I don't think we have come close to seeing the potential either side has yet.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.