I see two winnable games left on the schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

JAX and TEX. That's it. Maaaaybe the Bengals but that's a stretch. I called for 5-12 but 3-14 looks a lot more likely. This is what having a very young team and coaching staff looks like. No consistency from week to week. Experimental game planning that just doesn't work. No familiarity with the playbook or teammates. Basically a hot mess.

'21 is done. It really never was anything other than a learning year. IF this team looks as disorganized in '22? Time to give this CS the fisheye. I was never comfortable with Saleh brining in his pal LeFleur to run the offense simply from an accountability aspect. The offense sucks but LeFleur won't be held responsible except quietly by the players behind closed doors.

Many mistakes will continue to be made along the way back to relevancy. Again, this is what it looks like for better or worse.

Ralebird, cmcm750203 and boozer32 like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Reality sucks.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I can understand the players are a step behind but Saleh and LeFleur need to get their act together especially LaFleur. The defense is way ahead of the offense we need better corners and a safety. We need a TE and a WR like Mims that can stretch the field. Too bad we have a WR like Mims on the bench that doesn't play.

jetstopgun likes this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Im not sure what the problem is. Whenever Mims is in the game he seems to come up with a big catch…..

NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Today was definitely a disappointment but there is an old saying that an injured football team is sometimes the most dangerous. That definitely applied today. I think that bogus roughing the passer call on the first drive changed the momentum also.

As far as “winnable” games that can change from week to week. I definitely didn’t give the Jets a chance to beat the Titans but they did. I was thinking they would of won today but they didn’t. I see several “winnable” games left on the schedule. You never know - injuries, travel, momentum ….who knows week to week.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

We're not beating Texas, but like typical Jets fashion, they'll win a couple meaningless games in the end

stinkyB likes this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Hard to say, because this one was chalked up to winnable. But this is the jets, they will win one or 2 games they shouldn’t, and lose the ones they should win.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  8. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

The Pats look worse than us. Of course Bill will game plan something to blow our doors off, but they aren’t good.

NCJetsfan and PJ4Ever like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Whose Texas?

The NFL is a whacky place and home teams rule. Most home games are winnable for NFL teams. Anyone remember when the Bills "shocked" the Vikings a couple years ago 27-17? The same Vikings that were supposed to be SB bound.

With that being said, I'm not sure we win a road game this year. We are certainly staring down the barrel of 3-14 but it's not impossible to win 5-6 games with some good breaks.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Whoopee.

Draft slots lost... :confused:

K'OB likes this.
  11. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I had this Falcons game as a win, but we played a bad game all around. I still have us winning 4-5 games; there will be a couple of surprises this season. I’m talking games where we can see our full potential.

This just isn’t our season though.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

agreed - those are both winnable games - though I can see us losing to the Jags just so those pointless wins last year get rubbed in the face even more

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That game might be for the #1 overall pick..

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The Bengals are pretty good this year. No way we beat them. It's weird to me people still think they are bad this year.

I think we are a team that can win any game, with the expectation of losing every game. Neither are unthinkable with this team.

I just want good games from a bad team. All I ask for.

The Dark Knight, PJ4Ever and legler82 like this.
  15. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Lol they destroyed us dude. What game did you watch?

16. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Yeah, we're a 3 win team. Hopefully, this 3 win team shows some promise for a decent '22 season.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I guess 3 wins would be progress. From 2-14 to 3-14

18. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing 2-15 at best, but my guess is 1-16 at this point. I see both the Lions and Jaguars winning more games than us, including Jacksonville beating us. The question I have is this: Did the Titans win last week save Salah's job this year? Or if the rest of the season continues like this, will he be one and done?

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I believe we'll step it up on the back half of the schedule if we stay healthy.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Odds are we'll grab a couple more wins out of pure random chance, like how we beat the Titans last week.