Fire Lafleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I did have high hopes for him when fans were told he runs a Kyle Shanahan offense.

However it’s obvious he’s not using the Shanahan offense, he’s using his brothers scheme that Aaron Rodgers runs in Green Bay and by the way he’s using Wilson it’s obvious he thinks he has Aaron Rodgers as his QB.

Even the announcer mentioned how Shanahan scheme uses motion 75% of the time to help QB determine what defense is doing.

Lafleur is only at 60% motion in his offense.

There is no emphasis on the run in this scheme, none whatsoever, and it’s complicated as hell.

So the combination is actually set up for disaster, first time OC, complicated scheme, scheme that does not emphasize the run, and a rookie QB.

I had Lafleur being replaced after game 6 this season, we shall see.

2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I was speaking in generalities in response to another comment, not about any QB specifically. The point is that you have to establish pocket presence before the rollout becomes an effective weapon, the same way you have to establish the run game before the play-action becomes effective.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Excuses? I'm saying everyone deserves blame. Top down. It's a shit show.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you but when you have the worst offensive line in football, you have to start calling plays that help the cause, not make it worse. You have Von Miller on the other side of the ball. Calling a rollout every once in a while today would have been a good move.

I truly don't understand what he is doing. Even multiple times with an empty backfield on 4th down or 3rd down and short. Mine as well just tell the defense you're throwing the ball.

It's mind blowing man

fggrimes, Red Menace and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  5. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you posted. The shit show is amazing, and it falls on the shoulders of the owners, the GM, and the entire coaching staff for making some head-scratching decisions.
    BTW, the play designs are way worse than the play calls and that's saying something.

6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I do remember one specific short 3rd down the back ran into a wide set and I thought "well that's stupid." He's absolutely a problem right now

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He had an empty backfield at least once on 3rd and short and for sure once on 4th and short.

Even if you want to pass it, put someone in the fuckin backfield. At least make an attempt to show you may run the ball

Again, not helping a rookie QB at all!

IDFjet, JackBower and fggrimes like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I understand the major frustration here

But I have to admit I had big eyes agreeing on letting the kid out there to sink or swim

Brad and J Vilma are right ..get Mullins or a Vet in there because psychologically we are damaging our QB. Falco also has a point well taken imo

THIS IS A GM PROBLEM...very disappointed tbh and I have homered consistently for Douglas

I am ready to give up altogether with this damn team if Joe Douglas doesn't see what dozens of fan do !!!

OL sucks bad, and a big miss on paying Corey Davis.... and of course the Coaches look like amateurs

Saleh will listen to Douglas to give The OC more time or move on from LaFleur. But someone HAS to decide. Plus we need to hire a Vet QB to teach the Wilson ...he appears lost

Cman68 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

His brother is not even good and he only got this job because of who his brother is

10. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

We need to stop hiring family members of shitty families. First of all, we always end up with the shittier one (shotty, could probably argue that Rex was worse than buddy in the end, LaFleur) and then we never fire them.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Can we merge this with the fire the QB coach as well?

12. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I hope everyone realizes that the Jets don’t have anyone on CS that was and played extended time as a starting QB in the NFL. The OC is 34 yrs old, and not sure he ever played football. How can we coach up our young QB w/o any experienced coach, or backup!!!! Matt. C was QB at Pitt, and had cup of tea with Pats, but that was LONG time ago. We have experienced DC and it shows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#52 Sack exchange, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was just going to post that out of the good LaFleur, Shanahan and McVay from the Mike Shanahan tree, we of course end up with the worst one.

They're coaching against each other right now on Sunday Night Football. There's a million different motions on every play. Our offense looks just like the year when they brought 5-27 Marty Mornhinwheg in. Nothing like what the other three Shanahan tree teams offenses look like.

#53 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    cmcm750203 and REVISion like this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

thhey were doing motion in preseason though, not sure why it’s stopped…I also didn’t see the game tho…

15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Maybe it's me but I still refuse to believe our line is THIS bad. I think scheme is a huge part of this. These guys are guessing who to block most plays

IDFjet likes this.
  16. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

GVR said Wilson needs to get rid of the ball faster.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

All I can say is the Jets should have forfeited the game after halftime. The team got beaten in all aspects of the game, not just play calling.

If it makes you feel any better, my Pats took a beating also today.

I am tempted to have a polling question on which QB will go out first to injury, Zack Wilson or Mac Jones.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets need to get rid of GVR faster.

19. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Here the thing.

1. It's La Fleur's job to coach the wide receivers. Make sure the best ones are on the field. Coach out the drops, or change the receivers out. Make sure they know route and are on same page as the qb.

2. Its La Fleur's job to coach the o line. They looked decent at the end of last year. They are garbage now. Seems like a scheme problem. Maybe make your scheme fit your best players.

3. Its La Fleur's job to coach the qb. Get the ball out quicker. Coach him to go through his progression. Make sure he has the best chance to succeed.

4. It's La Fleur's job to coach the rbs. The run game is garbage. Again coach them up and get some yard.

20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This is like a Schottenheimer retread. It’s possibly quite a good offensive scheme with capable guards, tackles and QBs. As we don’t have that luxury, he needs to bend, even if it means fitting the Sanchez wristband to Wilson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.