Denzel Mims?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Sep 12, 2021.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That sure is an interesting report.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Could just be posturing. If they've even entertained offers it means they'd probably like to move him. Good for his perceived value for them to publicly say the offers were denied.

Borat likes this.
  3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt it's true that they are denying trade requests, especially if it is being reported by other teams that they are being denied.

Wouldn't be much of good if they were really looking to trade him and they were denying teams lol

FJF likes this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is any good GM's MO during trade talks - act like you're really reluctant to trade the guy until you get an offer that you like. They likely want to trade Mims but not for peanuts.

JD always seems to get a lot more value in return for guys than anyone expects. A big reason for that is that he is totally unwilling to break his posture regarding players because it negatively affects their value if he appears too eager to trade them. It's probably the thing JD has been best at during his tenure with the Jets.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I hope that's true but it's not like the Jets are in position to be trading away receivers at this point. Moore has been injured once and Crowder has yet to see the field.

Although I could also see it as posturing if they really do want to trade him and want to give him some reps this week to build his value.

Although I have to admit it has entertainment value. It would be a classic move for TGG to melt down over trading a receiver that has only ever shown flashes at the pro level and has a limited skillet.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

TGG would have a meltdown over anything to be honest.

I think a Mims trade would be a terrible decision if you can't get at least a 2nd for him in return. Yes, he currently has a limited skillset, only being able to play the X and a limited route tree, but he still is a big bodied receiver with ridiculous athleticism. If the value isn't good in a trade, the coaches need to do their job and develop him.

7. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

If they were offered a 2nd or better, he would already be gone! Even a 3rd probably would do it. If they were all in they wouldn’t even entertain offers! They were probably offered 6th/7th rounder, well that is sure easy to turn that down. Sounds a lot like the the posturing of Adams/Darnold. They are now gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don’t think they want to trade him. I just don’t think they trust him yet. I think they have an eye on him being wr2 next year though.

NCJetsfan, NYJFOREVER and Falco21 like this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It would be hilarious watching that meltdown on here lol

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Second round pick for Mims? I'm available Saturdays and Sundays and would actually be glad to put in a PTO day to drive him to Newark Liberty International.

Borat, abyzmul, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One way to McCarren Airport I hope..

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Gruden does love talentless receivers after all.

[​IMG]

13. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Mims and Crowder inactive, that tells the whole story! No debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Agreed, this sounds like complete posturing by the Jets. In the actions speak louder than words department, or as Parcells used to say - don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby - while they're saying the right things in public as the should, keeping him inactive speaks volumes about what they think about him...I mean, they are directly saying this guy will not help us win more than the other 6 receivers we have, so much so that we won't even have him in uniform...he's not even going to be in uniform...let me say again, he's not wearing a uniform on an NFL Sunday...While we see draft picks bust, and I'm not saying he's a bust at all as I don't think that's the case, but even the busts dress for games in the first couple of years before they get released...what more do we need to know about how they feel about him. I'm not going to guess why but at this point, the why is fairly immaterial, we know that a healthy Mims is not this coaching staff's cup of tea. So I'm sure they'd love to trade him but what team will cough up something close to the needed value for the Jets to trade him (i.e. give up on him) while they tell the world how little they think of him by not allowing him to wear a uniform on an NFL Sunday game day. It's pretty astonishing IMHO.

truthbtold likes this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Mims Is officially not a Jet anymore. I mean, right? He's a goner.

How the fuck do you make this kid a healthy scratch two weeks In a row when our offense has been dog shit as Is? He can't possibly hurt. If you don't give him an opportunity to make plays, what Is he supposed to do?

There has to be something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, only thing that makes sense to me at this point? It Is actually tilting me how stupid this all appears.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Giants lost 2 WR today. Mims gets traded to them.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Tells me its personal...They just don't like Mims no matter how much bullshit they tell the media. I think they're waiting for a better offer.

jetstopgun and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It has gotten a bit bizarre at this point. Both LaFleur and Saleh made it a point during press conferences this week to point out the great week of practice he had, this does not compute.

Cman68, Red Menace and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  19. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I was perfectly willing to be patient, but now it appears that they just have a hardon for this kid for whatever reason.
    They won’t play him … but they won’t trade him so he can play elsewhere. It’s as if they’re intentionally fucking with his career …

And also hurting our QB in the process.

All Gas No Shake and Cman68 like this.
  20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Offensive coaching staff running an unwatchable squad….Is it possible they’re also wrong on the Mims treatment?