2021 Fantasy Football Thread (Winner: K'OB)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's great as long as Swift doesn't get indicted for murder.

FJF likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Currently have Rodgers as my QB. Tempted to make a move for Dak to pair with my Cooper. Do you think Mike Williams and Rodgers is enough? Guy with Dak is currently struggling at WR. He has Golloday, Aiyuk, and Meyers currently. Williams is my WR4 behind DK, Hill, & Cooper.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

I wouldn't overreact to trying to get Dak TBH. They play a loooot of good defenses (Giants + WFT aside, they also play the Patriots, Broncos, Saints).

You'd be selling somewhat low on Rodgers and killing your bye week receiver option in Williams.

FJF likes this.
  4. dawinner127

I do have Bryan Edwards on Oakland and Elijah Moore behind Mike Williams so it isn't a HUGE loss. With Lawrence out for Dallas (8 weeks maybe with a broken foot), gotta expect Dak to be throwing even more. I just get nervous about them missing Collins for 5 weeks. I didn't want any part of Rodgers coming into this season (or any Packer for that matter). Too much offseason drama for me, not enough football.

5. dawinner127

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Harris(RB for NE) vs Corey Davis vs M Williams(Charger WR)

Start 1 half point ppr

M Williams plays Dal

7. dawinner127

Mike Williams.

Corey Davis is a sit for me this week if you can afford it.
    I love Harris and i think he’s in a smash spot vs us if he gets the carries, but is BB gonna play games and limit him because of the fumbles?

Mike Williams is one of my favorite players this year to own. He’s playing the Michael Thomas role in Joe Lombardi’s offense from the Saints. He’s getting a lot of targets close to the LOS rather than just the few deep ball attempts. He’s also on a contract year. Williams is going to start for you a lot this year.

8. dawinner127

0 touchdowns from:
    Dak
    Tyreek
    Metcalf
    Cooper

Had 1 touchdown this week on my fantasy team - Damien Harris. I didn't even crack 50 points for the week :D:D:D

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Up 4 in my money league, he’s done I have swift tonight. Thinking of benching him , bush move or smart ?

10. dawinner127

I would do anything to get the W, but do total points ever come into play at the end of the year? That's my only hesitation with doing that.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Should I drop Zach for Sam? Thought about it this morning. My other QB's are Rodgers and Winston. It is a 2 QB league too. Sam has a good match-up against the Texans, where as Winston vs the Pats and Wilson vs the Broncos is not so good. Tough choice to make.

12. dawinner127

What did you decide on this? Sam looks awful since CMC left the game

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Actually traded Winston for Michael Carter and picked up Sam. He got me 41 points, which is pretty good for my league. 2 rushing TD's and 300 yard passing bonus helped.

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

You guys have any thoughts on how much to bid on Chuba Hubbard in a league with $100 FAAB ($89 left for me)

I could really use a runningback with Josh Jacobs (gonna be hurt all year), Javonte Williams, Henderson (questionable) and trash Myles Haskins.

I was thinking as much as like $61.

15. dawinner127

Yeah that should be good. It isn't season ending so I wouldn't go all in. I read something on Twitter the night of the game that a hamstring injury that forces you to sit out 3+ weeks has a 25% chance of resurfacing and forcing you to miss more time though. I'm really bad with spending FAAB. My league is super deep so the wire is really dry so saving your FAAB doesn't really do much

16. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm willing to burn the rest of my FAAB to get a month out of him. I'd imagine McCaffrey doesn't even start running for the next three weeks so I'm looking at 5 weeks of Chuba and then hopefully Javonte Williams takes over by then and Tua is back for Gaskins to be a threat again/Henderson to be healthy.

17. dawinner127

Send it all then.

I think FAAB is so overrated. How often do you get a chance to get sure fire RB2 with RB1 potential? I spent 100$ FAAB Last year on Mike Davis and it was terrific. Held off on Eli Mitchell week 1 after Mostert went out, but he went for $100 in my league.

EDIT - I probably sound like a huge hypocrite between both of posts, but you are right. You'll get at least 4 weeks out of him, potentially more. I do think Williams takes over that job 70/30ish split at some point.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

I lobbied for my league to expand to $200 but it never came to a vote because we're usually last second with everything. I will have to double up on my backups but I don't have any ace backs that I have to worry about backups really and already have Peyton Barber so I'm going to go heavy after Chuba.

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

......filler

20. dawinner127

Was just thinking about this for a little bit because waivers are tonight. If you can't get Chuba with your FAAB, you can always pick up Royce Freeman incase something happens to Chuba. Sometimes while everyone is zigging you zag and go the other way. I'll prob drop the RB,WR eligible Felton on Cleveland and throw a dart at Royce

Example - Everyone spent all their FAAB load on Elijah Mitchell and I knew I didn't want to go all in so I picked up Jeff Wilson Jr and stashed him on the IR.