Moss waits for Chad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Jan 1, 2007.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dear Lisa Olsen of the Daily News,

You stupid b****. I knew it was going to be someone, but I had held out hope that it would be someone easily discreditable like one of those jerkoffs with the Post. But anyway, thank you for starting the inevitable Randy Moss rumors on the very last game of the regular season. You b****.

Sincerely,
    abyzmul

2. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I think that Moss is no where near the cancer that Owens is. I think that in the right environment with the right mentors, his immaturity could be managed and he could be a productive part of a football team. I also think that he is far from done, and the Jets could be a great environment for him to thrive in. With Pennington, Vilma, Mangold, Rhodes and all I think he would get caught up in the Jets way and could be a big addition to the Jets O. Not sure it will even be considered, but I would welcome it.

3. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

Randy Moss isn't like T.O. He is a team first guy. I think he just wants to win bad. I think Chad would be able to keep Moss in check. IT would be an awesome tandum and Moss is tall and fast and would be able to catch those corner end zone passes that Coles sometimes can't catch because of his height.

4. HudsonJet

HudsonJet New Member

There is no life for Moss after Culpepper, as there is no life for Culpepper after Moss.

5. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

wasnt that obvious?

I want nothing to do with moss.

6. blevins

blevins New Member

Moss is a self absorbed athelete who is prone to say and do stupid things.
    BUT - He is not the loser many of you are implying here. He DOES work hard and practice hard (At least he did in college and with Minnesota). He DOES play hard and has a great will to win (Forget his arrogant, I play when I want to, quote - he plays hard and had the numbers to prove it). He IS the most dangerous receiver in the NFL (The Raiders have no Coach, OL, or QB that can get him, or any of their receivers, the ball). He WOULD be a great addition to the JETS. I personnally would love to see him wear green and white again.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except Randy Moss was succesful before Culpepper, so I am not quite sure how you can come to such a ridiculous conclusion.

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Although I think playing with Chad could definitely change Moss, I'm not really interested in finding out whether or not I'm right. I'm sure the Jets organization feels the same way.

9. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

im with you on that....i just cant see taking a chance on a guy who plays when he feels like it.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that, and it is hard to deny that Moss has been coached by some pretty poor coaches in his career. with a disciplined coach like Mangini who demands discipline from his players, Moss could not only recapture his past brilliance but flourish even more. he's like a child just waiting for someone to tighten the reigns and force him to be as great as he can be.

11. Tight

Tight Active Member

I would welcome Moss here, all he needs is some direction with pennington here he'd be cool.

12. EL Kabong

EL Kabong Member

Coles would have to buy in other wise he would be the problem not Moss.

13. Tight

Tight Active Member

I agree with you 100%

14. lightning

lightning Active Member

Not to mention richard seymour can be a bitch sometimes. Rodney Harrison too.

That being said, i want no part of dandy randy.

15. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Sorry I thought that was obvious, espically if you followed the link, next time I will put something like end blurb, my bad. I just thought it was interesting that he waited to meet Chad, I am probaly just reading into it, but it would have been an interestin conversation to hear. It had to be more than good game man.

16. lightning

lightning Active Member

The problem with that is it would hook us to pennington for a longer time. I see chad as a stop gap player at this point.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

No F'in way. Randy can stay right where he is: on Al's Island of Misfit Toys.

18. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

intriguing...

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

Definately, randy is nothing but a water gun that shoots jelly.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You guys really overrate Moss's attiude.... alot of the stuff he says is blown out of proportion. This year he said it's not fun to play when you are losing like the Raiders were and he was right yet it was blown way out of proportion. He took shots at Tom Walsh and rightfully so, the guy ran a bed and breakfast for 10 years and all of asudden he is an OC. Walsh of course was fired.

I'd take Moss and all his skill and ability in a heartbeat. The Jets took a chance on a WR from Florida State who was kicked of the team for stealing merchandise at Marshalls and I'd say that worked out pretty well. Oh yeah Justin Miller had some issues coming out of Clemson yet he is now representing the Jets in Hawaii.

My point is when Moss had a QB that could get him the ball, a coach who knows how to involve him in the O and a qualiyt WR on the other side he is an elite WR. I would definately give up a 3 for him.