Film Cut-Ups From Week 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Sep 15, 2021.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

2. MaximusD163

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's a huge concern. Everyone on that line played poorly. Got to hope It was a first game thing and next week It looks much better moving forward.

REVISion likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

My only issue with the idea of "being concerned" is that Fant played left tackle his whole career. It was not until 2020 with the Jets that he moved over.

I am more content with him playing left tackle then I am with him on the right side, honestly.

wewantsapp and Royal Tee like this.
  5. MaximusD163

Unfortunately he didn't play any better on that side

6. Falco21

No he didn't but he was also swapped over mid game after practicing on the right side all offseason.

The result could be entirely different spending a week practicing on the left side.

7. MaximusD163

He practiced LT when Becton was out with concussion. I also believe he got some reps there throughout camp prior to that.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. MaximusD163

9. Falco21

Got it

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He played better than those cut-ups Indicate though. He played a total of 65 snaps. 17 of those snaps came at LT. It wasn't all bad by any means, he held his own on the majority of those snaps, but, he had a bad day overall. Like everyone else on that line.

11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Would have been nice to see Moses as the starter at RT, Fant looked horrible.

I'm a little concerned by either the coaching of the IOL or the players themselves. I'm no expert, but shouldnt they be a bit better at handling a basic stunt? It seemed like they were getting fooled by them all day. Hopefully it improves with reps.

Either way, thank god the Jets should have 4 early picks. Clearly the OL needs to continue to be addressed.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think the Jets underestimated the difference between playing pre season & a regular game. They should have been getting the ball out of Zach's hands quick with short routes. The longer routes 10-20 yards took to long to develope. This is where Leflore I think had a bit more faith in the OL because of how well they played in pre season. Hope this is a wake-up call for Leflore to change his attack mode to short quick routes & take advantage of Elijah's quickness & his ability to get open. I was waiting all game for that quick slant to Elijah for a big gain. All part of a rookie OC learning to get a feel of the teams strengths and weaknesses. I predict the Atlanta game will be a turning point in the season when things start to click for this team. The trials & tribulations of being a young team with rookie CS will fade & the team will find our true identity. Whether that will translates to wins is yet to be seen, but like Sundays game they started to get their footing & they made a game of it. The best thing I got out of this game is the adjustments made at half time. Credit to the defense that held them to a total of 3 points for 3 out of 4 quarters.

#12 BudJet, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m terrified at the prospect of losing Wilson for the season on Sunday. It’s not even a scheme issue, Fant was worse than Wayne Hunter as RT. I would be ashamed to look at the video if I’m Saleh and Lafleur.

There is no footwork, balance, literally nothing there as a pass blocking RT. He needs to be replaced immediately, he has been a backup and spot starter his short career, don’t know why JD gave him 30 million for 3 years.

I hope I’m wrong about Fant but those clips were tough to watch.

#13 Red Menace, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    REVISion likes this.
  14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

All the time Becton was out during training camp Fant played LT. Actually the OL has more practice time together with Fant at LT & Moses at RT due to Bectons time out.

15. MaximusD163

I defended Becton but Fant was terrible, I’m sorry. I made those cut-ups, and I know exactly how he looked throughout that game.

Footballgod214 and Red Menace like this.
  16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Fant has been terrible since day 1. He is a liability.

17. Falco21

This is true also.

This may be a good thing for the line

18. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I agree. If you watch the Pats they were all about quick short passes and dump offs. They only sprinkled in some deep passes. The Jets will need to throw to Mims and take advantage of his height on short passes.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I posted in the other thread, but I'm not super confident in Moses either. The WFT are shooting for a division title, with enough cap space to retain him even as a swing tackle and they let him go. That's not a good sign.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The other issue is that like all young quarterbacks he's still learning the speed of the game, reads, line calls and working on his own personal fundamentals (footwork, arm angles, pocket presence, etc.). Constant pressure eliminates any and all ability to work on those things.

He looked calm though and confident when he broke the pocket which is good. Only one fumble against that onslaught is an extreme positive.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.