Some examples of terrible O-line play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MowTin, Sep 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Becton and Tucker together can't block one guy. McGovern is clueless in the middle blocks nobody.
    Kroft at the bottom Whiffs. 3 simultaneous failures, 3 meet at poor Zach.
    [​IMG]

Fant gets beat again

[​IMG]

Vera-Tucker our massive guard gets thrown on his butt

[​IMG]

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It looked like five Wayne Hunters in a row all game long.

Royal Tee, SOJAZ, chrisrex and 8 others like this.
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm IRL mad at you for this sentence and reminding me of Wayne Hunter

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:DThat cracked me up. Sadly accurate.

Royal Tee and 50ShadesOfGreen like this.
  6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Boy Fant really got juked on that middle one.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

On the first one, that's a communication issue. Becton and AVT have had few snaps together. That will get sorted out. Remember that AVT missed over half of TC and all of the joint practices and preseason games. He'll be fine. Hopefully, Fant will get better quickly.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's scary how really bad both of Joe's 1st round picks looked Sunday. Yikes. Mechi was at best just below avg, but AVT looked like a running back staying in for protection getting blown up. Watch the replay of Zack's last pancake sack. Scary bad oline.

In the MNF pregame, they were talking about why Fields didn't start when 3 other rookies did....then the announcer says Bears didn't want Fields throwing 3 picks like Lawrence or getting blown up all game like Zack Wilson. That's what the Jets are known for....getting their QBs blown up.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That happened alot in this game.

10. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

The legendary Wayne 'Fucking' Hunter? I remember that thread.

REVISion likes this.
  11. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

The O-line should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves!!!… If they play like that against the Patriots on the opening possession I would take Wilson Out immediately….I don’t know about you guys but I don’t want Wilson being a sacrificial lamb because these A holes can’t block!! …. I was sick watching this!

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's the first game of the season with an offensive line that largely has not played together.

Adjustments will be made this week. Let's see how they look next week.

Restating the same thing over and over again isn't going to fix what already occurred. We get it, the line was horrible. On to the next week

dawinner127, Red Menace, FJF and 2 others like this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

1) the top is mcgoverns fault/bad communication. becton passes the guy to AVT, AVT is supposed to pass his to mcgovern. Mcgovern. Becton is watching the outside, I'm guessing they thought a blitz was coming. Instead becton does the pass, AVT blocks the guy mcgovern is supposed to instead of his, and mcgovern winds up triple teaming 1 guy which is never a call on the o-line which is why I see it that way. bectons arm at the snap shows he's telling AVT to get him, mcgovern looked the wrong way. there is a possiblity becton had the wrong call but doubtful because the call wouldn't be to triple team 1 guy. You can literally see a delay blitz mcgovern didn't even pay attention to as well. either way it's not bad blocking, it's bad communication/blown assignment

2) yup bad blocking, guy swim moves right past fant who blocked air

3) this one is wierd and it didn't effect the play but berrios looks out of position or AVT didn't move fast enough, it loks like the design is berrios to crash in to slow down the penetration while AVT goes behind him to lead block outside. instead what happened is AVT went to get in his spot and berrios kinda got in the way and whiffed holding up his guy and his guy blew up AVT which isn't that tough for an athlete since AVT is running perpendicular to him and not looking his way as that guy should have been chopped down by berrios

This is why o-line play is hard to judge, you see something and think one thing but in reality it could be another because it's all connection and each person has a job to do. number 3 is a perfect example of how a WR missing an assignment causes a LG to look bad. that wasn't on AVT at all.

Red Menace, Jets81, MowTin and 5 others like this.
  14. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I hear what you’re saying… BUT I have been reading all TC these guys were having trouble protecting Wilson… what happened in Carolina CANT happened again….LT and LG can’t block one man, our center block no one I’m not even going to mention Fant getting beat! And tucker getting blowup by a safety? I’m sorry that’s not acceptable

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Thanks! We need more content like this on this forum

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider here is carolina really went all out to gain any advantage in this game

1) they signed james morgan which likely gave them a heads up on o-line weaknesses and plus our scheme and go-to plays.
    2) the jersey switch, 2 Lbers you watch all week all of a sudden have CB numbers. could have confused the offense live for sure

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I get it and I don't disagree with you, I'm just not about beating a dead horse. Especially with the youth on this roster and it being the first game of the season.

They sucked. No excuses.

Move on and make the adjustments

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and jetstopgun like this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yes I get it…adjustments need to be made and I’m sure they will

still…with two first round picks and all these changes on OL by JD, I think we should expect better.

they were not just bad. Our OL sucked balls yesterday…pass blocking for shit, no push in the run game.

it’s not acceptable

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Regarding the first one:

Why did Becton pass a guy to AVT when there was no one even close for Becton to block himself? That's definitely partially Becton's fault. He should've recognized his guy dropping into coverage immediately and done more to help AVT. McGovern also shares a lot of blame on that one.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wow, that last one is also a great example of Ty Johnson's complete lack of blocking ability. He just ran downfield like he would with the ball in his hand.