Mekhi Becton

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Sep 10, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on! I got frustrated during the 1st half yesterday, and was more critical than I should have been, and said some things I really didn't mean out of frustration. The difference is that we have posters here who are so cynical, pessimistic and negative that they look for things to criticize so they can appear knowledgeable, and they aren't even upset or passionate at all. It's very difficult to read and post on this board sometimes.

hornblower and LAJet like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

exactly. he got rolled up on while engaged in a block.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

While this particular injury may have happened to most, you can't just discount the fact that he just seems to be injured a lot of times. Missed the OTAs this year due to injury too, then concussion. It's not like this is the only thing that happened. Now out for 5 more games. There is always something that keeps him off the games/practices. Not to mention he played like absolute dog shit before he got injured and had a poor training camp too. I was high on him after the first year, but unfortunately he seemed to have taken a step back instead of leap forward as expected.

I though he could become better even than a great guy like Wirfs, but in the debate between Wirfs and Becton I am afraid Tristan is beginning to clearly pull away.

#123 Borat, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not a doctor. Maybe someone here is:

If you sprain your knee can it really cause loose bodies in your knee that need to be scoped? Or is it possible his knee needed to be scoped before and the MRI from the sprain just showed them that?

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Patella dislocation can damage cartilage on the way out or back in. When I dislocated mine the doc wanted an MRI to make sure I didn't have any loose cartilage.

FJF, BrowningNagle and stinkyB like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Lets hope he doesnt get fatter sitting on the couch for the next month

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They need to put out a BOLO to all Dunkin Doughnuts and other fast food joints. Fatboi is eat. Just a matter of what he's eating and how often.

8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

9. NCJetsfan

Ugh, in terms of his overall career, ligament damage may have been better than torn cartilage.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

There is a fairly decent possibility now, with this and other injuries and performance this off-season and in game 1, is that we still need a permanent solution for LT.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

thanks. So when you get an MCL Sprain it is also a patella dislocation?

12. NCJetsfan

Yes, I'm afraid that you're right. I was hoping that we already had that very important position solved, and we still could, but he's going to have to lose 20-30 pounds and fix his technique or move to OG. Even then the cartilage thing could become a problem within a few years.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

My hope is Becton comes back, looks solid for a game or two, and we are able to cash him out to a tackle desperate contender for a high pick or two while he still has a good reputation. Even if his game improves he is already showing to be too injury prone to be a long term solution.

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You can sprain the MCL without a patella dislocation.

15. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Becton is going to move to the Right Side, no doubt about it. Before the damaged cartilage he was being eaten alive by both the Bull and the Speed rush. While Brian Burns and Reddick are quality players, Becton was making them look like all pro's

Move him to the Right side and let Fant (whos more agile) stay on the Blind side. It will be interesting to see how Moses and Fant play...so disappointed

WoodyHarrelson likes this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I am afraid this ship has sailed. The expectation was for him to take a big step forward this offseason after solid first year and also stay healthy. Instead he performed like garbage in the camp, was abused by scrubs on opposing joint practice squads as well as our own, played like shit in the first game, and got hurt for the 3d time since offseason this year.

This is not like Lawson, who is also injury prone, but at least killed it in the camp. This is both: injury prone, also having regressed from solid last year to playing like shit this year. The injury also appears to be serious and carries some long term implications. I would say the good reputation he earned is now a thing of the past.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

A sub to Moses on the right side - how mighty has fallen...

RochesterJet likes this.
  18. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I remember all the talk pre-draft about Penei Sewell (if we kept Sam I was in favor of drafting him) and how Becton was going to be our HOF LT....Penei looks pretty good right now

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I think it's way too early to make that claim.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Becton being out is not good for the Jets. I went back and watched every pass play on the film cutup thread. Becton was by far our best lineman and only got beat once. Fant was was awful and this will hurt the Jets.

FJF and Mogriffjr like this.