Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Diaz needs to stop wasting oxygen. He cannot be allowed to close another game. EVER

2. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Come on everyone knew they were lying. lol who knows probably still lying lol

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Wainwright + Tanaka played with it for a long while. Wainwright eventually had it fixed.

No way he can sustain throwing 30 fastballs over a hundo anymore unfortunately.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Can we get a dislike button because fuck I hate this.

5. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Great, see you in '23, Jake.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

What you have to wonder is if no one could sustain that, and he actually caused the injury by trying to do the impossible (and would have avoided it if he had just tried to stay as good as he already was). We'll never know, but that's what I suspect.

Ridiculously badly-played game in Miami by both teams, but one noteworthy thing is that Alonso became the second-fastest player in MLB history to 100 HRs (Ryan Howard was 22 games faster).

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

#FireRojas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. statjeff22

Well, that might be the game that seals Rojas' fate. Man on 3rd, 2 outs, 1-1 in the bottom of the 10th, and Rojas chooses to pitch to the red hot De La Cruz (batting .336) rather than the ice cold Diaz (batting .108). Boom, bomb off the centerfield wall, Mets lose again to a AAA team.

9. NYGalPal

I don’t even know what to say.

10. statjeff22

Wow, what a moron. And we can't forget that he got away with another idiotic decision in the bottom of the 9th, playing Lindor and Baez in double play position with one out and the bases loaded in a 1-1 game (Lugo struck the batter out so it didn't matter, but Keith and Ron were flabbergasted that he didn't play the entire infield in). It's amazing how this guy has been around baseball his whole life, and yet couldn't be more clueless about it if he tried.

And who the hell is the bench coach for the Mets? It's his job to tell the manager when he's about to do something stupid, and he's obviously failing miserably at that.

Cman68 and dawinner127 like this.
  11. Savatage

They're just a .500 team.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I was busy most of the night and only turned on the game when I saw it went to extras. I want to ask what the hell Rojas is thinking but we already know the answer. This guy has got to be fired man.

13. statjeff22

Mets 1-for-22 with RISP in this series. Alonso stranded at third after a leadoff triple. This after they allow the Marlins to tie the game by throwing the ball around like it's a hand grenade with the pin pulled. What a joke this team is.

14. statjeff22

And of course Familia then gives up a home run in the bottom of the inning, and the Mets go down meekly 1-2-3 in the 9th to lose 2 out of 3 to this awful team. Mets end up 3-7 in Miami for the season, and 8-5 in this AAA portion of the schedule. Now come games against real teams, so it should only get uglier.

15. Savatage

Those Mighty Marlins! 4 hits against pitchers that I've never heard of.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think we all know Rojas is done after this season. The real question is, who will Cohen bring in to run the team. What really is needed is a Mgr. No more OJT 1st timers. This is the NY/NJ/CT market. The biggest market in the country. What Cohen needs is a "name" Mgr with a winning pedigree to come in and change the culture again. Send Alderson to the PR/business dept. and keep him away from operations. Not sure who's available but there's gotta be somebody out there that actually has been a manager before with a winning record. Cohen is in real danger of alienating the fanbase whose support is fragile to say the least.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Girardi was waiting for them all off-season long.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Savatage

Great job by Megill, it's nice to see a starter go 7. We may have a solid back-end of the rotation guy with TG.

19. NYGalPal

Where do you guys stand with Conforto? I feel like we do this dance with him every season. Inconsistent(i’m being generous) I mean the guys has been M.I.a practically this entire season and boom a flash that makes Mets fans go goo goo ga ga.

20. statjeff22

If he's willing to take a short-term show-me contract (1 year plus a team option, say) for a reasonable amount of money, he's a player with a floor that could be okay and a ceiling that is pretty good. If he's looking to cash in this off-season, it would be a hard pass for me, and I would think for most teams as well.

NYGalPal and Cman68 like this.