2021 Fantasy Football Thread (Winner: K'OB)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 30, 2021.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

With preseason coming to an end and drafts either starting this week or finished already (you're a mad man if you drafted earlier than yesterday) figured we can get this thread up and running for any questions about rosters, drafts, suicide pools, or daily fantasy info.

Drafted last night in one of the two money leagues I play in.

16 team .5 PPR league
    QB - Dak
    RB1 - Ronald Jones
    RB2 - Michael Carter
    WR1 - Tyreek
    WR2 - AROB
    TE - Jonnu
    Flex - Amari Cooper

Bench:
    RB - Jamaal Williams
    WR - Elijah Moore
    RB - Salvon Ahmed
    RB - Darell Williams

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Picked pretty low in the order huh? Not bad for 16 teams. Like the dak/Cooper pairing. Might be too many jets though

3. dawinner127

Yeah lol. Also agree about the Jets point. Jets RB position is going to be a nightmare. Just hoping in the 2H of the season Carter gets more run. We are pretty much guaranteed a Tevin Coleman injury at some point.

FJF likes this.
  4. FJF

I’m targeting Moore for sure as a bench guy to begin. I was high on Carter going in to preseason but cooled a bit now. Ty Johnson will be the best jet back to own.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

No Jet RB is the Jet RB to own. I've had 3 drafts and haven't touched them, Carter probably has the most upside but it's a bad committee. I wasn't able to get Moore in one of the 3 drafts because we picked draft order by rookies and you could keep yours at ADP and someone had Moore in the 13th :(

6. dawinner127

Welp. Did my main draft last night and not really crazy about my team.

14 Team - .5 PPR

QB - Rodgers
    WR1 - Hill
    WR2 - Metcalf
    RB1 - Damien Harris
    RB2 - Trey Sermon
    Flex - Amari Cooper
    TE - Jonnu Smith

Bench:
    Elijah Moore
    Mike Williams
    Rashaad Penny
    Darell Williams
    Bryan Edwards
    Juwan Johnson

I think Harris and Sermon will be serviceable RBs. Especially when Mostert goes down.
    Cam had 35 carries within the 10 last year, hopefully those go to Harris this year which will definitely make him more valuable.

Side note about Juwan Johnson - Everyone expects Trautman to be the TE in NOLA to own, it isn't. Johnson is a WR turned TE who in the preseason has lined up 60% of the time in the slot (30 of 52 snaps from what I remember). He has TE,WR eligibility on Yahoo as well.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Ended up with this beauty of a team last night - 12 team league, full PPR

QB - Dak
    WR - Terry McLaurin
    WR - Diontae Johnson
    RB - Nick Chubb
    RB - Joe Mixon
    TE - Kyle Pitts
    Flex - Michael Pittman

Bench
    Sermon
    Elijah Moore
    Bryan Edwards
    Ty Johnson
    Adam Trautman
    Zach Wilson (Took him 2nd to last pick for the LOLs since all my buddies know I'm a homer Jets fan)
    Michael Thomas (He's on my IR spot - Took him in round 11)

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Any suggestions at pick 11/12 in a snake? Mocks put me with Barkley as the best RB option. I almost always go RB/RB since they fly off the board in this draft for whatever reason historically.

I've had top 4 picks the last like 3-4 years for some reason so this is new territory. I might explore WR/WR in Diggs/Hopkins/Ridley combo and try to go the Sermon/Harris and such route at RB but I've never done that.

9. dawinner127

Big fan of going WR/WR this year. People say how deep WR is, but it is so top heavy with those first 5 off the board. You can grab something similar to what I have in rounds 4-7ish with Harris, Sermon, Gaskins (not really a fan), Gus Edwards, Ronald Jones type.

Something about that extra game this year made me a little nervous about how much work true 3 down RBs will actually get. Are teams really going to run their star RBs into the ground if they know they are playoff contenders? Looking at Chubb, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Henry, Kamara (maybe WC?).. Just food for thought.

If you do go WR/WR off the rip, I would definitely try and grab AJ Dillion/Tony Pollard as I think those guys are true league winners if something were to happen to Aaron Jones or Zeke.

10. NYJFOREVER

I’m not a fan of Barkley at all this year. He’s probably going to miss 2-3 games and they might ease him back in. He also just can’t seem to stay on the field and couple that with the Giants miserable OL, I’d stay away.

There’s a bunch of solid mid round RBs you can target for a “zero RB” strategy. Harris, Sermon, Swift, RoJo, etc.

11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I've had 4 drafts this year, picked 11, 11, 12, 12. I absolutely go RB RB in almost all. Usually Ekeler, Harris, Taylor or if need be Barkley but RB is thin AF, one draft I went Ekeler Diggs cause it was RB heavy in the 1st. There are tons of WR to target later like Aiyuk, Deonte Johnson, Corey Davis, Cooper, Lamb... It runs deep. RBs are puddle shallow and Jones, Ekeler, Harris... Are all top options picking late especially in PPR.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

12 team, half PPR

QB - Matthew Stafford
    RB - Josh Jacobs
    RB - Javonte Williams
    WR - Davante Adams
    WR - Calvin Ridley
    FLEX - Darrell Henderson
    FLEX - Myles Gaskin
    TE - Jared Cook
    D/ST - Denver Broncos
    K - Ryan Succop

Bench
    WR - Deebo Samuel
    WR - Curtis Samuel
    RB - JD McKissic
    QB - Matt Ryan
    WR - Allen Lazard
    WR - Jakobi Myers
    RB - Wayne Gallman
    RB - Darrell Williams

This year goes heavy on runningbacks and one team always takes trash runningbacks and loads up on better value and they're in the playoffs every single year. So I tried that strategy at the 11 pick out of 12 and was shocked to see Adams fall. I fucked up majorly at tightend and at least should've grabbed Austin Hooper or Gronk but I'm going full week to week streaming option at the spot.

Like the draft I had, mad about the tightend miscue. I do generally stream tightends but I waited waaay too long to at least nab a starter. Also would've liked to have added Melvin Gordon but it is what it is.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Love the bench. Personally not a fan of Johnson but I like the rest. Chubb/Mixon should score a lot of touchdowns and both be top ten in rushing. I imagine Dak has a huge year as well.

Juwon Johnson is on my radar. You should see if you can add or trade something lowly for Rhamondre Stevenson so you're guaranteed to have New England's running game.

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. dawinner127

Not really crazy for Aiyuk or Johnson. Aiyuk already has a hammy issue, but should be ready for week 1. Who knows how much that will linger and he's is on a run oriented team and is at best the 3rd option on that team. Johnson is a target machine, but he's part of a 3 headed monster at WR and then they just drafted a stud RB. Is he really going to get 144 targets again with Claypool taking the next step? Maybe if Pitt didn't bring JuJu back I would be more in on that team, but I think that was DJ's peak last year and now Big Ben is another year older. You can definitely get CD or Cooper at 35-37 overall, but I'm not happy with either as my WR1.

All summer I heard about how deep WR is, but I don't see it. I see glaring issues for every midtier WR. Tampa, Cinci, Pitt have 9 WRs that I want no part of just because of how crowded each team is. It feels like you're going to be spinning a wheel and hope it lands on your guy for that week. SF in a similar situation. Run oriented team where all the WRs take a backseat to Kittle + the run game.

The best bet is probably to go RB + WR at the 11/12 turn or 13/14 turn and see what falls in rounds 3/4. Hindsight is 20/20 though

#14 dawinner127, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  15. dawinner127

I normally don't cuff my own players. I prefer to have shares of other peoples backfields because it's higher upside than just owning your own cuff. The backup is never as good as the starter so you are limiting your bench potential/upside by cuffing your own players.

16. NYJFOREVER

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the Johnson pick when I made it either. I was locked in on Cooper Kupp, but he went one pick before I was on the clock. I'm going to end up trading him to the Steelers fan in my league.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Good point. I like that idea.

To your other post - I have a friend that's super high on Antonio Brown. Too many mouths to feed in those offenses. Same with Cincy and their offensive line was not upgraded. I like Boyd , Higgins and Chase a lot in a vacuum but I can't see that offense boasting three thousand yard receivers and inevitably one or a couple of those guys are going to have 2 catches for 24 yard weeks.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Johnson could end up having a big year but he had the dropsies big time last year that lead to a lack of trust from Ben + the coordinator. The Steelers are a strange team both fantasy wise and other. They drafted Harris, offensive line seems downgraded but are they going to get back to running the ball traditionally? Will Ben go back under center which he didn't do last year?

I hate to ever count them out but they're sort of due for a decline. Even bad teams have players that gain yards though. I was after JuJu in the mid-rounds but missed out.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

I had Najee on my do not draft list. I'm thinking of just dishing Johnson ASAP. The Steelers OL does scare me.

20. FJF

Drafting in 2 hours. Pick 14 in a 16 team non ppr 1qb 2 rbs 3 wrs and te. No flex. I hate this league, every year I say I’m quitting . At 14 probably going to have to take the best qb on the board and grab a rb on the way back