It's almost that time... 2021 NFL and College Football Betting Thread

Discussion in 'Virtual Vegas' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I agree. Most teams have corny slogans and stuff like that but it feels like Fleck (as you said) has built his career on it and it's all over the stadium including on their helmets where it says "Row" on the front flap. It's a whole other level of lame.

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I was looking at VT and just learned Hooker transferred to Tennessee. Do you happen to know the story? Huge loss for VT--no?

3. Jonathan_Vilma

I was big on UNC tonight but apprehensive the past couple days because that's a difficult place to play with a wild crowd at all times.

Burmeister (whoever that is) is the new QB who transferred in from Oregon after 2018. He supposedly struggled and couldn't win the job from Hooker but is a pure passer for the most part. No faith in him + Herbert the runningback is in the NFL now. Starting LT Darrisaw is gone as well.

Now where I'm confused is what's going on with their defense. Through all the sites (Action Network, Winners+Whiners, Sportswire, Statsalt + more) that I check, there is no consensus on the defense. A lot of starters back but mixed as to if people think that's a good thing.

VT always has athletes and big plays even with down years keep that place rocking and they can upset at home. I still don't see how they stop Howell + friends even with the receiver turnover. UNC lost their top two backs but added a transfer from Tennessee (forget his name) with 2,000 career rushing yards + have top recruits at receiver stepping in.

IDFjet likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Also to add - something isn't adding up with this line movement. 70% of the money was on UCF starting at -4 that flew all the way to 6.5 by kickoff.

72% of the money is on UNC and the line has actually gone down from 6 to 5.5? This is all according to CBS as reported by Caesars so maybe Virginia Tech has been money flowing in on other books?

I just played this down to -4 (-134) at SugarHouse pretty big on UNC. I expect this line to try to fight to 7 by kickoff.

5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Bovada has UNC -6 at -110 right now (one can buy to -4.5 with -145).

I'm going to try to catch a live bet if VT can jump out to a lead--or if the offense looks lost.

I don't get how they could let Hooker leave--He was an excellent college QB. Why did he go to Tenn who apparently have a #1 already?

@Jonathan_Vilma --you got any opinion on Army vs GSU?

#105 IDFjet, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't. I stay away from the service academies early in the season until I see how their quarterbacks look running the option.

I'm going to play it tomorrow if I can find it as I have an inside tip from someone who uses to coach at one of the programs (within the past two years) to lay the 12.5 with Villanova against Lehigh tomorrow. Pretty good betting guy too normally. Lehigh's offense is supposedly trash.

Hate the rest of this game slate tonight but I'm gonna investigate NW/Michigan State later. First glance line movement from NW -7 down to 3 is interesting

#106 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 3, 2021
    IDFjet likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm taking Wisconsin -5.5 at home vs Penn State.

also might go under on that NW/MSU game but I dont feel real confident about it. I'm staying away from the UNC/VT game. Anything could happen in that one

Jonathan_Vilma, Lon Chaney and IDFjet like this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Managed to get ML -115 on UNC after VT score

North Carolina (#10)
    Moneyline
    North Carolina (#10) @ Virginia Tech

And there we go! Yahoo!!

#108 IDFjet, Sep 3, 2021
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

I know most of you guys are NY bound but I have a ridiculous refer a friend place a $20 bet, we both get $300 bet on PointsBet if y'all know anyone.

Lon Chaney and IDFjet like this.
  10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Added:
    North Carolina (#10)
    Moneyline
    North Carolina (#10) @ Virginia Tech

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Nice grab. I just got em at -134. Defense looks awful though but they'll settle in if offense punches in a score here.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Howells gotta find some checkdowns because they're sending the house. There's gotta be an open receiver somewhere. Run a wheel route or something.

IDFjet likes this.
  13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

NC needs to score next cuz I have a side bet no team scores 3 unanswered--lol

Line is currently +7.5 but at -130. Keeping an eye out.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

No way UNC can play a worse second half at least. Howell and friends look lost. Another team that can't tackle.

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Couldn't help myself. Added at +270. Can't see them pissing their National Championship hopes down the drain in game one.

IDFjet likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

will it work in PA?

18. BrowningNagle

so much for 'Heisman Howell'

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I didn't care for the UNC substitution with the clock running at :50 seconds while holding 3 time outs. I'm not second guessing --I thought it was a bad look before the interception.

So, F Mack Brown or his OC--I'm not a pro football guy but I know that was the wrong move--why didn't they?

Lon Chaney likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

I texted my friend the same thing. Wtf were they doing? Run up the gut for a gain of 4 with 1:10 left at nearly mid field and take your sweet ass time to substitute with a running clock?

Howell looked lost and he felt the blitz all game long. Play calling was horrible. How many read option passes are they going to run where Howell panics immediately? His feet are waaaay too slow for how he wants to play. He needs to settle and sit where he is.

I also took NW -3 which is a blowout the other way.

Glad we got this garbage day out of the way. On to a good day tomorrow.