It's almost that time... 2021 NFL and College Football Betting Thread

Discussion in 'Virtual Vegas' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 16, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm 1-0 this year.

• Put $100 on UCLA -17.5 over Hawaii @ -120 odds the other day and UCLA won and covered for $183 in return.

On Thursday night I plan on putting up $83.00 (house money profit) on a 3 team parlay for $511 in return.

1.) Rutgers -14.0 over Temple (@ home in NJ).

2.) UCF -4.5 over Boise State (@ home in Orlando).

3.) Ohio State-14.5 over Minnesota (on the road).

What's everyone's thoughts on this 3 pick?

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You're actually 0-0 TGG because you didn't post it before you played it. ;)

Those are tough games to get through successfully--you'll be earning your 511 for those.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

True true 0-0 is is :D

Who's your favorite 3 NCAA picks this weekend?

1.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers -7.5 over Dallas (with Tom Brady having more team chemistry; forget about it in year #2).

2.) Jets ML (+4.5 underdogs) to boost the payout (a Robert Saleh led Defense is going to make Sam Darnold look even worse than he really is).

3.) Packers -3.0 over Saints (No Drew Brees vs. an angry Aaron Rodgers? No chance).

4.) K.C Chiefs -6.0 over Cleveland (I'm taking Mahomes and KC every weekend and not thinking twice).

PS: Maybe we can get this thread title changed to something like "NCAA/NFL Sports Gambling Picks" because I've literally skipped over this Thread Title dozens of times without realizing what it was about (my favorite thread too).

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at ncaa yet--re: nfl--did you see what Trubisky did to the Bears pre-season? F'd them in the ass--no Vaseline.

Thinking Sam may have a similar result--would not touch this game.

Chiefs and Pack I have no problem with. Regarding the boys, if Dak starts I'd take the points. If he sits I'd lay them.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I don't think Dallas has a fighting chance vs. the Buccaneers (Prescott or not). Brady with more team chemistry and an improved Defense is a scary thought.

And I absolutely love for the Jets to destroy Sam Darnold. Once Robert Saleh unleashes his complex cover 3 scheme with disguised coverages and blitz packages? Sam will be seeing ghosts again. And Quinnen Williams and C.J. Mosley are going to come after and confuse him.

And I'm not gambling on the game because as an FSU fan I just want to enjoy the game but I can not wait for FSU vs. Notre Dame next Monday Night @ 7:30 my wife surprised me with 3 tickets for us (me, her and my daughter) and it's going to become a Bobby Bowden celebration of life and I believe our FSU kids are going to upset Notre Dame while playing with their hair on FIRE for him. FSU Football is back. A+ super talented team this year and without Trevor Lawrence; I believe we'll not only win the ACC this year but we'll make the playoffs and win it all too.

IDFjet likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@Jonathan_Vilma @IDFjet @Lon Chaney

I am cool with that. Shall we Unlock the football thread in Virtual Vegas Forum or shall we change the title of this thread and continue here until end of football season?

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I personally hope it's hidden away where only the gamblers know where to find it (Vegas Forum) this way all of the non gamblers can't make fun of some of our losing bets throughout the season :eek:

I personally love the feeling of having our own little gambling circle (and away from everyone else who doesn't share our same enjoyment).

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'd like to see if we can get anymore participation here but maybe after week one if it's just us that's cool too. Like to hear more opinions on stuff.

If/when it moves @BrowningNagle make sure you join us.
    No one's going to do that, man lol.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay. In that case, let's wait and see. For a few weeks, let's keep it here. Then we can talk if we want this to moved to Vegas forum. Meantime, I will change thread title to "2021 NFL and NCAAF Sports Betting". Are we good?

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I will. But Im better at basketball than football so Idk if you wanna see my picks lol

11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That Cam Newton clone at Clemson may have something to say about the ACC but I'm rooting for ya--sounds like a great day upcoming in Tallahassee bro!

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Good. We need you then.

NBA, NFL and NCAA will all clash together throughout the season so if you can give us a couple good NBA picks (1-2) for our Football parlays we'll have a lot more wins because outside of my Knicks I stink at basketball picks.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not a believer in him at all. He went 1-1 during the covid absence of Trevor Lawrence and ALMOST LOST TO BOSTON COLLEGE imo he's a hype machine and almost lost to Notre Dame too (only to see Lawrence destroy ND later on).

I think he's a Clemson hype machine and they'll fall off a cliff without Trevor Lawrence.

IDFjet likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually it belongs in the NFL or the NCAA forums, anywhere but the New York Jets forum - not even the all sunshine and blue sky boys bet on the Jets.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've made 6 Jets prop bets this year (in order to make my 2021 season more intense).

1.) Jets to win the Super Bowl @ +10,000 odds (me and my older brother do this every season $100 each ($200 combined), came close in 2009 and 2010; but when they finally win it all it's going to pay out big time as underdogs).

2.) Jets to make the Playoffs @ +550 odds.

3.) Jets to win the AFC East @ +2,500 odds.

4.) Coach Robert Saleh as Coach of the Year @ +2,000 odds (my favorite Jets bet of them all because the culture change has already happened).

5.) Zach Wilson ROY @ +1,000.

6.) C.J. Mosley Comeback Player of the Year @ +15,000 odds (I believe coach Saleh will lead a top 5 Defense and he'll record 100+ tackles behind QW while doing so = C.J. Mosley Pro Bowl and All-Pro = CPOY).

1.) $100 = $10,100.
    2.) $20 = $130.
    3.) $20 = $520.
    4.) $20 = $420.
    5.) $20 = 220.
    6.) $20 = $3,200.

$200 in the hole starting off but I'll get it all back by betting on KC/TB/BAL/GB/TEN throughout the entire season.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You'll never get those odds any time the Jets could threaten to let you win. At least you're honest enough to know you need to look elsewhere to win anything. Can you get props action on the length of the National Anthem at every Jets home game? Would that be considered betting on the Jets?

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

By far my favorite thread here….utopia.

18. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Anybody else into stats betting such as QB passing yards, RB rushing yards, individual tackles etc? 95% of the time the lines are right but if you look hard enough, you will normally find a couple every week that are "wrong"

Jonathan_Vilma and BrowningNagle like this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Pork roll.

It’s pork roll, egg, and cheese on a hard roll.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes weekly prop bets are the best. Its takes time though to research them but if you got the time its a good plan to hit those up

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.