KENNY YEBOAH!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 27, 2021.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lol. Don’t ask me to explain why, I’m just stating what is.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I couldn't find anyone else that brought up Wesco to quote and rant about him so you won the prize. I know you know he sucks as well.

FJF likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's gonna play FB and he can catch as good as any FB in the league. it's not really much of a big position talent wise right now. and he's a good blocker, we just didn't use him well before. I think wesco will look good this year for us

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm probably alone on this but I don't think Yeboah's catch of Morgan's hail mary was all that amazing. He didn't high point the ball with strong hands and pull it down.

He caught it like Berrios catches a fair punt. Ball had to get all the way down to his chest before he even touched it.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

He's an atrocious blocker. He almost got Sam killed several times in one game (see Ravens, Baltimore) alone last year.

abyzmul likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont think hes that good of a blocker. And what good is it that he can catch if he just stumbles over his feet and gets 1 yard after he catches the dump off.

What does "its not really much of a big position talent wise right now" even mean? If you can't find anyone good to play FB then dont use it. No sense in playing 10 on 11

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Watching Wesco play is so awkward, it's like watching someone bounce around in a sumo suit. Every time he makes a play I find myself thinking "whew, that was a near-disaster".

We need to find a real fullback because this guy isn't it.

Acad23, IDFjet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

blackssmagic, cval and FJF like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah he definitely looks like he's going to squeeze the ball so hard that it pops out of his arms from pressure. Kind of like what used to happen to Peyton Hillis.

We really can't find a retread undersized tightend to play this position over this lug?

abyzmul likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its just another example of this team's incompetence. Fullbacks are cheap. They can be found everywhere in UDFA, regular free agency, practice squads and/or late rounds in the draft. How is Douglas & Lafleur not communicating at least once all offseason about LaFleur's intention to use a fullback?!?!

Its like amateur hour. Its infuriating. Instead we get Lafleur - "well I didn't get a fullback so I'm just gonna try to convert the shittiest TE on the team to FB, even though we had months to find someone else...."

11. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Bucs supposedly have cut Tanner Hudson. He could probably be an upgrade over some of our TE's unless there is some baggage we dont know about.

abyzmul likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

zach ertz made a career off of it.
    Give him a chance, wesco looked good on film coming into the NFL and never got a real chance yet

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Perhaps not, but it is a key position in the offense we are running. Herndon's potential is gone as far as I'm concerned. He is totally unreliable. Based on the Jets' depth chart, however, they agree with you. I firmly believe that they will lose Yeboah if they try to put him on the PS, and he has more talent and potential than Herndon and Kroft put together.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Who?

And how is he an upgrade over anyone?

Chris Herndon is literally 10x better than this guy.

Throughout his two NFL season's Tanner Hudson has combined for only 5 catches for only 67 yards and only 0 TDs.

He didn't even have any preseason TDs with a catch rate of 73% in comparison to Kenny Yeboah who had 2 preseason TD receptions and a 75% catch rate

I live in Saint Petersburg, Florida (Tampa Bay) and I've never not one time heard one of my best friends who's a big time Buccaneers fan talking about "Tanner Hudson"; I've never even heard of this guys name before.

I'd rather gamble on an undrafted Kenny Yeboah Rookie over an undrafted Tanner Hudson 3rd year JAG.

Losmeister and IDFjet like this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Me and you (and plenty of others) have been high on Kenny Yeboah since day one.

But I think it's unfair to quit on Chris Herndon especially after...

A.) As a Rookie in 2018 (no Adam Gase) he put up alongside of a Rookie (Sam Darnold) 39 receptions for 502 Receiving yards and 4 TDs with a 70% catch rate!

B.) During our final 3 games last year he recorded 14 receptions (17 targets) for 145 receiving yards and 3 TDs with a catch rate of 82.3% and alongside of an awful Sam Darnold too.

(and throughout a 16 game schedule (I'm not used to 17 games yet) that's an average of 74 receptions for 772 receiving yards and 16 TDs).

Release Chris Herndon today and he's signed by tomorrow.

I can not fathom the idea of quitting on Chris Herndon before first watching him line up and play alongside the likes of Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims, Jamison Crowder, Keelan Cole, a RB RB backfield without FRANK GORE and more importantly; Zach Wilson and Mike LaFleur (behinda revamped O-Line too).

Adam Gase ruined Chris Herndon and many of others man and Chris Herndon/Kenny Yeboah can become a super talented 2 TE set moving forward (imo).

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah Wesco looked great on film with his 28 career catches in a wide open offense and one touchdown with a quarterback that threw 81 in two years.

Similar to Ertz the unanimous All-American.

abyzmul likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wesco is to Zach Ertz what Vyncint Smith is to Corey Davis.

And I'm being kind. I wanted to pick a more experience veteran but picked a Jets player for easier illustration.

Waiting for shitty misfit players to develop into competent players is too Bradway/Edwards for my tastes.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Herndon ruined his own vibe by failing to be able to catch the ball reliably in his 2nd year,

This is NOT a defense of Gase.

19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

While I can't say I totally agree with the BOLD, when I think about it... it wouldn't surprise me if it actually is accurate. and the paragraph after is def a legit POV.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

I disagree. His 2nd year he only played 1 game due to injury.

and last year (3rd year) he had a 70% catch rate so how is a 70% catch rate now considered not able to catch the Football?

Adam Gase and Sam Darnold ruined Chris Herndon's potential just like Gase ignored all of our young RB talents (see Oakland) for FRANK GORE. How do you rush for over 200 yards without Frank Gore and then ground and pound FRANK GORE THE VERY NEXT WEEK? I'm not blaming Chris Herndon for that crap.

Chris Herndon also killed it during his final 3 games with 3 TDs and a catch rate of over 80%.