KENNY YEBOAH!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 27, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

He just made the team tonight!!!!

[​IMG]

All offseason both here on TGG (created a thread about my top 10 favorite players and he was 1 of my top 10 most underrated) and also on a different Jets forum I've been posting his 2020 Ole' Miss statistics, his highlight videos vs. both Florida and ALABAMA and absolutely RAVING about this kid throughout the entire offseason and then tonight?!?!?

Dude made me proud.

4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TDs including a game saving HAIL MARY MIRACLE IN THE MEADOWLANDS (preseason) TD!

This kid wanted it more than anyone out there on the field today and completely redeemed himself from that game 1 fumble.

I remember after his fumble I told everyone to give him a chance and to not quit on a talent like his and all while doing so many fans were screaming to "cut him" and to "release him" and I kept asking why? Because a Rookie made a mistake during his first ever NFL game?

And then I took to Twitter and had a 30 minute war vs. angry fans who were attacking him on Twitter so what did I do? I defended him. I kept posting his Ole Miss stats and highlight videos and what did Kenny Yeboah do?

This young man went out of his way the next morning to say THIS to me... What a humble dude he is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He thanked me 2x for my support of him and i cant wait for our next conversation because I've believed in him since day one and it's a good feeling to know he appreciated the support and went out of his way to inbox message and thank me. He's going to become a Jets household name and an NFL star @ TE.

This kid is the definition of why you don't throw angry pitchforks at a Rookie due to ONE PRESEASON MISTAKE.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Gotta wonder if he made the team over Herndon…he played well!

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

5. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

that is AWESOME. On your part, and Yeboah’s. Can’t help but root for a guy like that. I don’t know if a Hail Mary catch means anything in terms of a roster spot, but i can tell you im sick of Herndon and have no issue at all if this guy takes his spot.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’s headed for the practice squad. Kroft Herndon and wesco are the 3 tight ends. Yeboah didn’t block well enough. Good night for him last nite though. That’s what the end of preseason is about

7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You could very well be right but I don't see Herndon as a good blocker. One game doesn't matter but I believe he get a big penalty last night while blocking.

I'm def ready to roll with Kenny.

8. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

He reminds me a lot of Jerald Sowell/Quincy Enunwa.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

What about Griffin?
    He’s a decent blocker also.
    Will probably keep 4 TEs imo, as Wesco sort of an Hback.

Still a tough path for Yeboah to make the 53 short of an injury, although I’d hate to lose him before having a chance to develop.

Brown is gone.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I would say this cements Kenny on the 53 man roster.....how can you give the guy the only game ball of pre-season to a guy & cut him a few days later. I think he only needed a chance to shine & he did. I was down on him because of his production this pre-season, but like I said he just needed a chance. I would keep Kenny over Herndon, & I was a Herndon supporter the past few years, but he never caught on. Go with the youth....Kenny.

#10 BudJet, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    egelband, KingRoach, IDFjet and 4 others like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Nania graded Herndon very high last year in pass blocking but less so in run blocking. Which explains somewhat why Herndon was kept in to pass block so much last year rather than running routes.

I agree we will likely keep 3 TEs plus Wesco but is Griffin one of those 3?

IDFjet and FJF like this.
  12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

#postonceaweek
    #banmethisisntfun
    #emotional

The Waterboy, Jets69, FJF and 2 others like this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The way I see it breaking is 3 te and 7 wrs. With wesco being one of the 3 . Griffins a tough cut too.I just can’t see cutting berrios or one of the smiths for the likes of griffin .

Noam likes this.
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

From a talent standpoint it doesn't make sense cutting a player from a deep talent position like WR or a DL to keep Griffin on the roster. 2 TEs plus Wesco as FB plus Yeboah on the PS makes a lot of sense.

Not to mention Daniel Brown might have more value as the last TE as he was our best ST player last year and was resigned to make Boyer happy.

Pags2112 and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I’d be ok with cutting Berrios or one of the Smiths and keep a 3rd TE plus Wesco. Either Griffin or Yeboah if they believe he’s ready.
    V Smith can still make the team as one of six WRs.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lol I don't know how the TE situation shakes out but I feel sorry if Brown gets cut as I met his mother in law

But NFL is a business and. I say Saleh and JD get it right keeping best players

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t cut Herndon yet, ideally Yeboah makes practice squad and has a chance to compete for a roster spot next year. Herndon still is the best chance to make the TE room look decent instead of the black hole it currently is.

azhar80 likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

#putDWConignore
    #problemsolved

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Speaking of practice squad, I though with the new rules you can protect a subset of the 12. Is that correct?

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I like him as a receiving TE but his blocking is awful. With that said I have to say we have one of the most likeable rosters I can ever remember. The whole team just seems like a great group of guys