Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 5, 2021.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, who is the "liar?" Is it Cimini, Hughes, or is it me? It should be very easy to quote whoever it was that made this felonious lie about Mims.

Remember, simply reporting that word is on the street is no lie, nor is counting how many guys are ahead of someone else, nor is offering an opinion that any player may not be faring well for any number of reasons. Why is this such an issue of contention?

I blame it on Nania.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so he can put his own spin that would get him more clicks. cimini isn't very good either. all of them post click bait. their job is to get views and likes and fair balanced info doesn't work as good as things that would rile people up. read the discussion, hughes tweeted it and said it on his podcast to create a stir then when he was called out on it he blocked a bunch of people and went on an 8 minute rant. If he had just reported mims was with the 3s and left it at that, then that's fine. thats factual information he saw. he didn't he added his own spin on it which turned out to be a lie. On top of that he had admitted he knew mims had food poisoning prior but left that info out intentionally to make a controversy as "2nd year 2nd round pick is on the bubble, gets more clicks then young WR gets food poisning and is working his way back after it.

it's in the rant and his pod casts. he makes his case why he said it. that basically he watched all the practices and seen mims go form 2s and 1s to 3s only. and that cole, moore, crowder, and davis were better fits. and that he thought a few others like smith and berrios did better and are better suited for the system. he's not wrong in some things. mims doens't create separation and isn't a shifty after the catch guy which is what this system thrives on. With that said, good coaches find ways to use talent and will use mims and put him in spots where he can help the team and use his talent. He could have spun it that the coaches will have to find ways to use his talent but he didn't. he spun it that he was on the bubble and left out the part about food poisoning. had he done his job we would have known that months ago like he did. Also one of his "jets sources" was a ref on the field for the practices who claimed" moore is gonna be great but mims couldn't even get open against me" thats why when he says "i talked with the jets" it's a grain of salt. is he talking to someone like saleh? or a ref hired to refereee practices? huge difference.

3. GasedAndConfused

all of them really. ironically the 1 beat reporter who IMO has been the best so far is DJ who replaced mehta and is funny enough a dolphins fan. But he's been fair, critical, praising, and balanced on all his stuff.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Once again, anyone claiming any reporter, poster, tweeter, commentator or participant has lied about anything at all should be easy to substantiate that simply by quoting the lie. In the absence of that all we have here is a difference of opinion and a lot of drama.

#324 Ralebird, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I really don't want to continue this, but this is horseshit dude. I'm sorry but this is absolute horseshit.

Again, I listen to his podcast and he never said Mims is going to be traded. What Hughes did was report what he was seeing which is alarming for any Jets fan. He was falling down the depth chart further and further everyday. That's a concern. I don't give a shit how you spin it, it is a concern. And the logic behind his abilities not being a huge fit in this scheme, is good logic. It's a believable argument that is supported by facts and Mims inability to run crisp hard routes.

And the biggest bullshit about your statement above is that Hughes held back the fact that Mims had food poisoning to create controversy. No. He held back that fact because he was told off the record and was told that it was due to come out from Mims himself. This conspiracy theory bullshit doesn't stick here. In fact, you could easily make the argument that he was acting morally as a reporter and reporting only what was given to him on the record.

Again, I really couldn't care less about these reporters and what they do but I truly do think you are blind if you believe that Mims is not struggling and potentially is not a fit in this offense. Does not take anything away from Mims and his talents. If you want to believe his struggles are due to food poisoning, you do you. But I think it is much deeper than that.

#325 Falco21, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    PJ4Ever, FJF and twown like this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well teammates, no disrespect, but it has become apparent to me that if we want to read about roster moves during this crucial period this is probably not the right thread any longer. We should rename it "The Cimini reporting credibility factor" and start a new thread on roster moves as the cuts begin on Tuesday. I'm sure many of us are still looking forward with interest as to what path JD will take on the face of some critical loses on defense, which in my view far and away supersedes Cimini's opinion. My two cents.

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Not sure I get all the controversy here, but in the end, facts are facts, right?

Ignoring what reporters are saying or why they are saying it, the fact is that Mims has not been practicing with the ones and has not been playing with the ones. I get food poisoning and all, so there are reasons, but it seems like it’s been a long time and it just seems more and more like a flimsy excuse. To me.

but we’ll see how much he plays when the games count. Personally I don’t think he’s on the bubble…he’s a second round pick who didn’t shit the bed when he played in games last year…he did ok especially considering the state of the team last year. He may or may not end up being a good fit in this new offense but I think he’ll get the chance to show it one way or another.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Falco21

100% agree, this is much larger than food poisoning. He has not been practicing with the starting offense and he is the 6th receiver in rotation, currently. That's alarming. No matter how you spin it, it is alarming and there is a reason for it.

I do not think he is on the bubble yet either. I think he has a lot of work to do and as many have said, he needs to earn his spot on the field. So far, he has not in this offense

Jets79 likes this.
  9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

that’s how I see it as well

10. GasedAndConfused

nah dude. you are blindly listening to a click baiter and showing no signs of having your own ability to think. so you keep doing you, clearly you aren't capable of an actual dissenting conversation

11. GasedAndConfused

i posted like 8 things including his stupid rant when people called him out on his lie and he doubled down

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

@GasedAndConfused and @Falco21, I respectfully request that you drop this. Continue your arguing via PMs or start your own thread. You're both knowledgeable and great posters, but you're ruining this thread.

This is a thread I created to discuss roster moves. It has been hijacked long enough. If I could delete all of your posts in this silly argument I would. In the end, it doesn't matter who started it, be it Cimini or Hughes or someone else or who started the argument. They were both wrong and both spewed that crap. Leave it at that. PLEASE.

13. Falco21

Every single thing you posted is Cimini reporting LOL!

It is ridiculous that you keep hanging your hat on links that all point to Cimini reporting yet keep blaming Hughes

PJ4Ever likes this.
  14. Falco21

My question is, how much is Mims going to actually see the field during the season.

Elijah Moore is a rookie and he was playing NON STOP with the ones before his quad injury. It was damn near impossible for them to keep him off the field.

If Elijah Moore is part of the rotation with Davis, Crowder, Cole, Smith, and Berrios, where does Mims fall? If this offense continues as it is, I think it really becomes a question if Mims becomes a potential trade piece in the future.

15. GasedAndConfused

cimini sucks too. did you not listen to the rant from hughes or read the discussion on it? the 1 reddit link literally has everything

16. Falco21

I agree and I will refrain from continuing it. I am not going to delete my posts because I still think it is good conversation regarding Mims and his future on this team, but I do agree it is a dumbass argument over who said what first. Especially with that idiot Cimini involved.

Apologies for the derail.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Given it is a critical time time now for whittling the roster, how about we reserve this thread for that?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks!

19. Falco21

What a novel idea! I wish someone above you would have posted that :rolleyes:

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I think Mims plays over Smith abs Berrios in the reg season, but he’s clearly the WR5 at best right now.