Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 5, 2021.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

all the info is conflicting. 6 weeks is 100% wrong though. that changed last year it's now 3 weeks for returns.
    But it depends how he was placed and when, which we don't know so at this point it's either 3 weeks or the season
    https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/08/24/ny-jets-cut-4-players-vinny-curry-miss-2021-season/

all the people reporting 6 weeks are wrong. it's a mix up form the old rules and the way the new rules are written. they have to miss a minimum of 3 games before they can return to practice. After they return to practice you then get 3 weeks to activate them but it can be done the same day they return to practice.

edit: guess what i'm trying to say is with all the beat reporters trying to get the jump on a story for clicks, most of them put out wrong info and we can't trust any of the links. I went and did the reserach myself but without knowing more details we don't know if it 3 weeks or the season. At the start of camp saleh said curry would miss week 1 but likely return for week so a 3 week designation makes sense for that. but again we don't know the injury or any details

3. Falco21

Curry is done for the year. Check Connor Hughes tweet. Someone asks what happened and he says he asked the Jets and he's done for the year:

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Last week wasn’t kind to the Jets. Carl Lawson’s season-ending injury certainly topped the list, but more than a few players found their way to the injury list and didn’t play against Green Bay. The Jets also lost defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, safety LaMarcus Joyner, receiver Denzel Mims and tight end Ryan Griffin during practices.

Previously injured players who didn’t play: receiver Elijah Moore, safety Ashtyn Davis, special teamer Justin Hardee, linebacker Del’Shawn Phillips, tackle Chuma Edoga, guard Alijah Vera-Tucker, defensive end Jabari Zuniga, defensive tackles Kyle Phillips and Quinnen Williams, and defensive end Vinny Curry. Corner Bless Austin and right tackle Morgan Moses didn’t play for personal reasons.

The Jets lost defensive end Ronnie Blair (hamstring), quarterback Mike White (ribs), corner and returner Corey Ballentine (knee), tackle Conor McDermott (knee) and linebacker Jarrad Davis (ankle) during the game itself.

Monday, Saleh said Davis’ injury will last into the regular season. The Jets hope to have him back near the bye week, which is in Week 6. Rookie Jamien Sherwood replaced Davis when he left Saturday’s game.

5. GasedAndConfused

where do you see he said he asked the jets? read the replies people questioning it because others reported the opposite. As of now we don't know the answer and when multiple reports all give conflicting info you can't pick 1 to believe. give it a day or 2 and it'll get straightened out but for now it's unknown.

6. Falco21

Right here

[​IMG]

7. GasedAndConfused

yeah i seen that but it's vague and he's 1 person. i'll wait for more confirmation but it is looking that way. "asked the jets" is not enough for me. If he said JD told him or saleh then sure but who knows who he asked or what was said. I'll wait for a better confirmation. He may be right but don't take 1 persons word on it. But now I see cimini reporting it too so yeah it seems he is done

8. Falco21

He's done dude. Hughes is always on point. If he posts that, he's not making it up

9. GasedAndConfused

it seems he's right but he's been wrong many times. don't take the word of 1 reporter when you have conflicting reports. let it all sort itself out. blindly listening to 1 source whether they are right or wrong, is why so many people are ignorant on so many issues.
    Hughes was the one who claimed denzil mims roster spot was in jeopardy and that he wasn't a scheme fit so he dropped on the depth chart when it turned out he battled a bad case of food poisoning and lost a bunch of weight and it was effecting his performance but the report of him possibly being cut was laughed off by the jets . he seen mims was running with the 3s and made up the rest of the story, then backtracked and lashed out at people for pointing it out. He also reported we were shopping Q last year. He loved to add his own narrative for click baits. he's becoming the new mehta, not someone you should back so hard or did you forget all that?

10. Falco21

I'm not just listening to one guy but when Hughes says he asked the Jets, I don't think he's blatantly lying. Pair that with every other reporter saying the same, I come to the conclusion that it is true.

In regards to Mims, Connor Hughes reported that he was dropping on the depth chart and could be an issue with the scheme. He wasn't lying either. Mims slowly was falling working with the 2s and 3s. Then he was working with the 3s and 4s. It got to a point that he would go an entire practice without ever seeing a pass from Wilson and had 5 receivers rotating in front of him, making him the 6th receiver on the depth chart.

Now did this have to do with food poisoning? I still don't know. Just because the coaching staff is saying that, I don't necessarily believe it. Mims was practicing this whole time. I understand he lost weight but I don't know if that makes him drop down to the 6th receiver and not see one pass from the starting QB.

To call Hughes the next Mehta is ridiculous. I'm 100% behind the idea that the Jets beat reporters are pieces of shit more often than not, but Mehta was on a different level of crazy. Claiming Hughes is becoming that is ridiculous. He's not always right but he is a lot of the time. Not to mention he has been praising the shit out of guys like Wilson, Moore, Lawson, Davis, etc. Mehta never praised anyone.

And for the record, is it so hard to believe that Mims is not a scheme fit? Mims is a great vertical threat, he is not a great route runner. This offense thrives with guys like Elijah Moore, Jamison Crowder, and Corey Davis. There is not a lot of vertical route running, especially given how run heavy things will be. I'm not saying Mims is not talented, and frankly no one really is. The idea that his style of play is not a perfect fit is not a crazy one. His food poisoning likely played a role in him losing some reps but I also truly believe they are still trying to figure out how to fit him in this offense. Lafleur said as much recently:

“[Mims] plays big on the outside. He’s got the length and the radius,” LaFleur said on the second episode of Flight 2021. “We’re gonna get him playing better inside the numbers.”

He needs to improve his route running which I believe is a large part of why he has been running with the 2s, 3s, and 4s.

#310 Falco21, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    ColoradoContrails and PJ4Ever like this.
  11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Vacchiano confirms Curry is done for the year.

Noam likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

except he blatantly lied about mims.when your a journalist, getting something wrong is forgivable. making u a lie that is laughed off by the jets kills your credibility. then he had the nerve to defend it and go off on jet fans who called him out on it instead of admitting he assumed something and assumed wrong. All he had to do was say mims was working with the 3s. thats reporting factual information. adding the thing about him not being a scheme fit and possibly getting cut was 100% made up bullshit on his part that turned out to be very false and was quickly shut down by saleh and JD. here is the bigger issue of this "fake news" he started. his one BS comment was picked up by many sites
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...pick-denzel-mims-may-be-on-the-roster-bubble/
    https://sportsnaut.com/new-york-jets-denzel-mims-trade-landing-spots/
    https://fansided.com/2021/08/07/denzel-mims-jets-release-rumors/
    there are 3 examples but there are more. thats how misinformation gets spread. so his 1 lie caused a huge downfall. thats shit reporting from everyone involved. beat reporters are just click baiters at this point and so are other sites. good info is hard to come by and his credibility with me and many jet fans is completly shot after that so you backing him that his word is gospel is not good. I won't believe anything he says. if he just admitted he made a mistake and said he won't do it again, i'd give him a chance but the fact he thinks he did nothing wrong and defended it shows he'll lie again for clicks. yes he's not as bad as mehta wince mehta harassed JDs kid and all and did other shady shit, but he's not a reliable source either because he makes shit up if it'll get him clicks. If he was a good source he could have asked saleh or JD why mims was with the 3s and if he was on the bubble. he didn't. he made shit up.

mims is a physical receiver, his route running isn't great. he's a jump ball guy at this point. losing that much mass and strength is a huge detriment to him. plus with davis, cole, mims, and moore it's understandable he'd drop on the depth chart. but at no point was he getting cut. no he's not a great scheme fit but good OCs find ways to use good players. making tough catches over the middle, winning jump balls, and being a red zone threat will earn him playing time, even as a rotational guy. plus with injuries who knows. last year we started our 4th and 5th WRs due to injuries.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO, what has gone somewhat under the radar but I think is great news for us is to have Matt Cavanaugh as a senior advisor for Wilson and the QBs. A veteran set of eyes and ears, play coach and mentor. He can help them dissect film and team specific game planning as the season begins. Not to mention post game review of the tape highlighting the good and bad of Wilson’s performance.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

When/where did you hear about Cavanaugh? I haven't seen/heard anything about that.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If was announced today. I saw it under the ganggreen latest Jet news link. There is a NY Post article. Sorry didn’t know how to link it

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Thanks. A few posts after my post inquring about Cavanaugh, someone posted the Post article.

I coached all afternoon, so didn't hear any Jets news until a little bit ago.

Noam likes this.
  17. Falco21

I am so confused.

All three articles you posted were rumors spread by Cimini, not Hughes.

In fact, I don't think Hughes ever said Mims was on the roster bubble but said that he would need to prove himself in the new scheme to earn a starting spot in the rotation, which again, is accurate.

Do you realize the rumor was started by Cimini?

Quotes from your articles:

"Cimini suggests that the Jets may be looking to see what they can get for Mims in a trade."

"Instead, he is falling further behind on the depth chart and ESPN’s Rich Cimini writes that if things don’t change, New York faces a tough decision. Considering general manager Joe Douglas likely wouldn’t release a former top pick that early, a trade is the most likely outcome."

PJ4Ever likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

because cimini picked it up from hughes. used him as a source. then other people used cimini. thats how misinformation spreads very fast. all the beat writers socialize and use each other for info.
    hughes flat out said he was on the bubble. then had an epic rant when he was called out for lying.

here is a good discussion on it as well as the podcast of him backtracking and getting mad at jet fans for calling him out. he also blocked a bunch of people on twitter for calling him out on it
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nyjets/comments/p3m4gl/heavy_connor_hughes_sounds_off_with_epic_denzel/

Noam and Ralebird like this.
  19. Falco21

Again, I am still trying to find where Hughes said Mims is on the bubble or going to be traded. I listen to Hughes often on his podcast and all I have ever heard him say is that Mims is working with the 3s and 4s and is the 6th receiver in rotation. A large part, he believes, because he is not an ideal fit for the offensive scheme, which again, I do not disagree with.

And right on queue, Cimini, otherwise known as Ralebird, likes your post about Cimini using Hughes as a source LOL!

Noam likes this.
  20. Falco21

And not for nothing, but this rumor seems to have been started by Cimini (Ralebird). He has an entire article about it and his reasoning on why Mims is not a fit:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/...on-depth-chart-raising-questions-about-future

All the articles reference Cimini's reporting yet you seem to think Hughes started the rumor. I still can't find where you claim Hughes said Mims is on the roster bubble:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/08/jets-wr-denzel-mims-on-roster-bubble

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/jets_wr_denzel_mims_on_roster_bubble/s1_14819_35567936

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/08/11/denzel-mims-unfazed-by-roster-rumors-worrying-no/

#320 Falco21, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    PJ4Ever likes this.