Training Camp News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that it's completely absurd that a team should trade a 2nd or 1st for Morgan at this point. It may always be absurd, but if he has a great TC and preseason and a team is desperate enough, they might trade a 2nd or 3rd. I'd be as surprised if anyone if that happened, but stranger things have happened.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK thanks. I don't follow him, that just popped up in my feed, and there was no reason for me to think that he would have done something like that. I don't understand the motivation for people to do stupid crap like that.

K'OB likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, I have just searched out the tweet you mention, he does say he went onto a Colts site pretending to be a Colts fan and making the suggestion of Morgan for a high pick.

I hate shit like that tbh

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am more amused by the names Dangerbunny9, Icanstillbegarth and Highway8628. Are our names here that bad as well? I have never really noticed.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO, putting the tweet aside, the reality is that we have not seen enough of Morgan one way or the other to pass judgment on his future. He has been a live arm in camp and done a decent job when called upon. So if the notion of a first round pick for him is a bit laughable, so was the stern proclamation last year that he was a total wasted pick without hardly seeing him practice, thanks to our stellar previous CS. The notion of having a vet in camp makes me think of the Flacco experiment and really wonder why.

6. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Kid has gotta stay healthy.

Noam likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Morgan was a 4th round pick last year (which was higher than he was on many draft boards) and he's done nothing to distinguish himself since. The idea that he's now worth more than a 4th somehow is a fantasy.

cval likes this.
  8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i like just about all foreign slang

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

kid has way too much time on his hands

Yankjetfan likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Did you see/hear Nick Foles' interview yesterday? It was pretty shocking that he was talking about other teams (specifically the Colts) while at Chicago Bears camp, being paid by the Chicago Bears. It was an interview you definitely don't see/hear every day.

Anyway, he said his agent had lengthy conversations about a trade to "another team" earlier in the offseason but that they thought it wasn't the right opportunity for his career. I have no way of knowing, as its about the only detail Foles didn't share, but I think it was the Jets and he turned them down

11. K'OB

Pray tell how you do anything to establish yourself when...
    1 Gase is in charge
    2 You have no real TC
    3 effectively red-shirted your rookie year.

BTW it was a fantasy, a made-up one by a Jets fan going on to a Colts board and wumming them, he seems to have caught a couple on here as well.

He may or may not amount to anything but for some reason, there seems plenty of odd Jets fans hoping it is the latter rather than the former.

Not sure why though?

Unless the same people are the ones clamouring for a Vet presence in the QB room, of course?

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am guessing he wants a chance to start. Coming here he is definitely holding a clip board and most likely will for the rest of his career . He goes someplace like the Colts and plays well he might get another chance at a starting gig. I really think his Franchise starting days are over. He had chance to be the man his first go around in Philly, Jags, and had a chance in Chicago. He is next Fitzpatrick type Jag at best.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Probably, him and nyj mike are really good follows though. One of them was responsible for the gase to a high school team rumor that went national for a minute.

14. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Two thoughts been riding with me today

1. Obviously hope Cam Clark is ok but that’s not a good sign he started 3rd string.

2.So early with Wilson but the reviews haven’t been favorable. Let’s see him with time and some games but was hoping for a bit more consistency. Again, he’s a rookie in practice 3 but it’s a let down early on.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's still early for the "O".

16. K'OB

Let's hope so and that will exonerate JD from his detractors.

17. ColoradoContrails

Yes, the tape I saw of him in college made me believe he could be a steal. It was criminal of Gase to not try to develop him last year. That said, I don't want to see a "QB controversy" born, but I do think Morgan has the stuff to be a starter.

18. ColoradoContrails

Even great QBs struggle in the beginning. Elway was benched part way through his first season. Steve Young sat behind Montana for 4-5 years, and Rodgers sat for three behind Favre, and Mahomes didn't see the field until his last game of the first year. Of course Wilson is going to make mistakes and look bad sometimes, but if anyone pays attention they'll see that he doesn't usually make the same mistake twice and he learns quickly.

I understand the rush to panic for Jets fans because we've seen things turn bad quickly so often before, but Zach is the real deal and will reward our faith.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

We won't be able to unload James Morgan for a 2nd round pick unless he absolutely explodes during preseason both this year and preseason next year. I'm going to be pulling hard for him come preseason. And if Zach Wilson ever misses a game or two due to injury or James Morgan gets an opportunity during 4th quarter mop-up duties, that's when he'll be on a big stage with a chance to really shine bright.

These are the reasons why you draft and develop your own backup QBs (in order to one day receive maximum value in return for your investment) instead of looking to sign the next jag of a career backup QB who's been quit on by 5-9 different franchisees and available as a Free Agent (for a reason).

As of right now he's worth nothingness and that's only because the NFL world (not even the Jets) has yet to see him display his abilities in order for a proper evaluation.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I did not. Thank you much for the feedback. Interesting indeed.. I do believe Foles does want to still have the best shot at starting if the starter fails but the Jets didn’t give him much hope short of an injury.

BrowningNagle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.