Greg Knapp Lost His Life ( RIP)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Jul 20, 2021.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Still no updates on his condition, I hope that's good news.

REVISion, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I hope so. The fact he is still alive is encouraging. I have checked for new articles a few times today and nothing. Better no news than bad news.

3. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Same here.

I know they all draw from the same sources, but several articles I have read say, "The nature of Knapp's injuries was not immediately known."

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The fact that there has been no news and no leaks about the nature of his injuries such as head trauma, broken bones, induced coma or whatever they might be makes me think the worst. Critical condition has a pretty broad definition that is lacking in optimism.

I would love to hear some news. But given what we have heard maybe the fact he us still alive is the best news and everyday he lives I would hope means he is getting stronger?

Borat, RPOZ51, joelip and 1 other person like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Relax Francis! We've spent the last week talking about what a hard ass Joe D has become.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, "we" haven't. Even if we did, the man is quite possibly laying in the hospital dying, and you're making jokes about it?

How about you developing some class and common sense rather than telling me to relax?

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am afraid you are right that it might be head injury, coma, etc... I am worried that we may never see the same brilliant offensive guru. At this point I am hoping he survives first and foremost and then recovers enough to be able to eventually talk and walk.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Hopefully he can be able to lead a productive quality of life. Prayers.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Another day and it appears we are still alive. That has to be a positive. I hope we get some good news today.

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

For those that missed it here is the link to Gegg Knapp's end of minicamp press release. If you have not seen them there is a video from each of the coaches. Definitely informative but also a great way to get some insight into who Gregg Knapp is.

NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this. Great insight from him. The days of Coach interviews with zero feedback are apparently over for us.

Noam likes this.
  12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this may sound harsh but its certainly not intended to be as i wish him full recovery.

However - isn't it pure jets that they pair a promising rookie QB and reputable offensive coach together and this happens.

unreal.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

There is a video for each position coach and for the OC and DC. Some really great stuff. The Jets are doing a great job with media, access to coaches and the videos they put out are 1st class. It is weird to say but everything the Jets do of late seems to be done well and competently.

Jets81 likes this.
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This is just gut wrenching.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Thanks for posting this, Noam! Great stuff!

Noam likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I hear ya. I've had similar thoughts and am certain that probably most, if not all, of the other posters have as well. We've been snakebit so many times. It's hard not to look at this about how it will affect Zach, his career/success and the Jets, but that's the least important thing right now. Hopefully, he will make a full recovery and be able to coach for the Jets again, but he may recover, but be unable to coach again. I just hope for his and his family's sake that he survives and can be close to his previous self, and not be severely impaired. It will be a big loss for the Jets and Zach, but they will have to find another way. Hopefully, Knapp has some written coaching plans for TC and shared those with Calabrese or they're accessible on his tablet/computer, to help Calabrese help Zach and the other QBs.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have a hard time not going down this rabbit hole as well but then I think all that matters a lot less than this man's life and his family's heartache and misery right now.

Not knowing Knapp and I only first learning about him this spring I am surprised how emotionally invested in his accident that I have become. Checking for stories all day makes one really feel for him and his family and realize how much anguish his wife and children are going through.

I would love to see him work and help him improve ZW but that is a dream that is far down the road. Let's just hope he lives and then can put in place a recovery plan to get back to a normal life. Maybe at some point he will be able to do some remote film work. When a player goes down everyone needs to step up. The same here everyone will need to do a little more to help ZW develop.

Pretty damn sad story. Watching that video he looks like a such a good guy.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not confirmed anywhere else but that fucking sucks. Hard.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If true that it is so sad.