Training Camp Battles | Moore vs. Crowder

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Jul 9, 2021.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yea that was weird. I have to wonder if there was pressure from the Johnson's to cut some payroll or something given the hit taken from the pandemic. Idk if thats the case but I cant think of any other reason why you would do something like that with a vested guy like Crowder

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

They didn’t burn the bridge. They are using that same old reliable bridge and will use the new one while it is still being built. If the new one isn’t ready, they can always go back to the old one.

Seems like a really solid plan, no?

3. PennyandtheJets

It’s a business. The Jets saved millions of dollars. Why wouldn’t they do it, if they could?

KingRoach, PJ4Ever and FJF like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Because it's bad business.

Players talk and Crowder has lots of friends around the league I'm sure. You got a guy like Marcus Maye who can extend his contract or look at free agency soon. Maybe he sees how this organization values their veterans and decides he would prefer to go elsewhere instead. I wouldn't blame him

ouchy and BacktoQueens like this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

They didn't burn a bridge?
    c'mon now.

If your employer gave you a 50% paycut during your prime years, when you fully lived up to your salary, I'm positive you'd think differently.
    Crowder is gone the second this season is over. Won't matter if he's the most targeted player on the team yet again.

They used less than ideal offseason timing to squeeze him and limit his options.
    It was unnecessary. Sets a bad precedent that the team will not take care of it's own.

#65 BacktoQueens, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. BacktoQueens

I don't think you can blame that on the Johnson's.
    It's not like the team didn't spend a lot in FA.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Moore is better than Crowder

KingRoach likes this.
  8. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

40 time isnt irrelevant but It’s those other 3 come type drills that measure quickness better.

9. PennyandtheJets

I respectfully disagree. None of the money was guaranteed and if the Jets cut him, he wouldn't have made that same amount on the open market.

The NFL is a business, not a soft comfy place for feelings. Jamison knew that and that is why he is still on the team.

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I pray that if Crowder gets injured , hurt or traded that he will still be able to provide food, clothing and shelter to his family.

cval likes this.
  11. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly.

Gone are the days of NFL players giving hometown discounts or showing loyalty.

This is a me-first league from the player's perspective and a what can I expect from you next season from the teams perspective.

There are mainly two things that influence a player signing with a franchise: total guaranteed dollars and an organization's potential for winning. And if we're being honest the former has a much bigger impact than the latter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PennyandtheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. BacktoQueens

The bolded is just false.
    The Jets squeezed him for a reduction by stringing him along well into the summer before pulling this 'renegotiation'.
    That vastly limited his options, and is the ONLY reason he is still here now, but won't be once season is over.

If they released him at start of FA, there is no way he's playing for only 5M this season, and he will get way more than 5M in next year's FA.
    Hell Cole Beasley makes over 7M.
    The Jets did him dirty, no two ways about it.

This is why players take notice and don't offer discounts.
    If you are going to be consistent on this 'just a business' philosophy, can't get mad at Adams, Revis, Maye, or anyone else not willing to settle either.

BrooklynJetsFan, ouchy and abyzmul like this.
  13. PennyandtheJets

I think you are over analyzing the situation. He didn't have to take the pay cut. He agreed to the restructured contract.

If he felt like he could have made that much on the open market, he could have simply refused. He didn't. He is still willingly on the team.

NCJetsfan and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  14. PennyandtheJets

So why did veterans like Sheldon Rankins, Vinny Curry, Carl Lawson, Corey Davis, Jarrad Davis, Justin Hardee, etc. come and join the Jets?

I would have absolutely supported them resigning Maye and if they kept Crowder at the 10mil salary for the year I also would have supported that.

At the end of the day though, we are fans. The players know it is a business. By having Crowder take a pay cut it doesn’t change any of that. Players take pay cuts every season throughout the NFL. Players get tagged every offseason throughout the NFL.

It is a business.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

moore looking good, but that throw is just redicilous too

NCJetsfan likes this.