Flight 2021 Episodes #1 - #4 a must see

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Thanks. In that way this draft strategy at least for the first two days was a lot like the 2007 draft strategy. In 2007 the draft was considered very weak and the Tannenbaum decided in a weak draft it was better to trade up twice and draft two sure things in Revis and Harris then spend a lot of picks that were uncertain in a week draft. It was a great strategy. In 2021 it is somewhat similar although this was considered a very strong draft there was a great deal of uncertainty because of the scouting limitations of Covid so like 2007 they decided to draft players they thought were sure things rather than dabble in uncertainty and so traded up for AVT and drafted high character players with the 1st 4 picks. But after Carter JD showed versatility shifting strategy taking players with a lot upside with great athleticism and versatility. These picks seemed to recognize that they were a gamble and took a gamble on high upside players. Which I find refreshing. Day 3 picks IMO should be gambles on players with upside. Mac did this too with players like Burris and Bless but he also did this day far too often on day 2 picks like Polite and Edoga. I don't see or envisionJD taking gambling like that on day 2 picks.

BTW I loved the videos. I love process more then results and the Jets FO seems to be so sound and logical in their approach to building a team. I love this FO. All I want to do now is talk and hear about the Jets. July 27th seems so far away.

2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Cool! Nicely done videos.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I binge-watched it too, and holy chit, Batman, I'm even more optimistic and pumped than I was. I don't know how anyone couldn't be after watching this. The wisdom, maturity, collaboration, unity, planning, and execution were/are off the charts with this organization. It shows in the way they included even the "little" people who work behind the scenes to make them feel appreciated, respected, and part of the team. They are part of the team and their work is important, so I'm glad it showed some of themI. I don't recall ever seeing that before in a team video. I

t shows in how they approached the draft with all the different contingencies and scenarios. I don't think we ever had any of this with Bradway, Tanny, Idzik, Mac, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles, or Gase. This obviously wasn't a fly by the seat of your pants-type draft like Mac where it was take the consensus BPA regardless of scheme fit or character, and panic moves when the player they wanted gets taken by another team (trade down following the Saints taking Kamara.

I love how people in scouting told about what the draft is like, how anxious and exciting it is for them, and how nervous they get waiting to see who the team ahead of them picked.

I already loved this draft, but love it even more now.

This is going to be a different era of Jets football. They may not win a SB in the next 3 years, but they have a darned good chance if things continue in this way and no on suffers a serious injury. This is going to be a fun, exciting team, one that we can all be proud of and hold our heads high as Jets fans.
    tt

#23 NCJetsfan, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Excellent post.

I've loved the Alijah Vera-Tucker pick from day one because as the #1 rated Interior O-Lineman coming out just the thought of Mekhi Becton as Franchise LT and Vera-Tucker as a blue chip LG is reminiscent of our Brick-of-Gold O-Line featuring a younger D'Brickishaw and Mangold.

However.

Now that I've watched flight 21? I'm so much more fired up about our Vera-Tucker trade up.

They considered and valued Elijah Moore as their #16 player and had Michael Carter ranked early 3rd round? And they traded up knowing 100% that both Elijah and Carter would be gone by the time they picked in the 2nd and 4th rounds? But still went after Alijah Vera-Tucker with no hesitation?

This is letting me know how they really felt about Vera-Tucker. They were absolutely in love with his game. Wow.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’d say the Parcells years 1997-99 ( different ownership ) along with the beginning of Rex’s term was the last time everybody seemed to be on the same page. The Michaels years not so much - Hess was always kind of leary of Michaels and his ways and even forced him to resign after a successful year.....

NYJFan10 likes this.
  6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

You have no idea how much I want this to be the case.

Well, actually you totally do. But anyway, yeah. If Wilson is actually good...my god.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Tuna saved our Franchise from a really dark place immediately went from 1-15 to 9-7 then 1998's AFC Championship Game appearance only two years removed from Kotite stink. Couldn't have been possible without an awesome coaching staff.

Bill Parcells (HC).
    Bill Belichick (DC).
    Charlie Weis (OC).
    Romeo Crennel.
    Eric Mangini.
    Al Groh.
    Todd Haley.

Take flight 21.

Saleh, Mike LaFleur and Ulbrich all have A+ chemistry together and Joe Douglas is doing his freaking thing and now Zach Wilson is so fortunate to have this.

Flight 21 was awesome loved it. We didn't get this type of Jets coverage as kids we remember sports illustrated and ESPN highlights I enjoyed this a lot even more than hard knocks.

#27 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    NYJalltheway, Noam and mrjet80 like this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have waited so long to stop worrying about the QB position. I am hoping and praying

cval, Snatch Catch and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks Budjet! I finally got to watch all of these, and it was worth it! So much good stuff that everyone here so far has commented on, and while I'm really pumped watching the process of how they came to the decision to draft Zach and the others, what resonated through the entire thing was the naked enthusiasm and energy of Coach Saleh. What a breath of fresh air. Yes, a little reminiscent of Rex, but I always thought Ryan was a blowhard, whereas Saleh has an aura about him that just infects those around him. Couple that with the types of players they're putting together, and I'm as optimistic as I can ever remember being. Of course as a life long Jets fan I immediately tell myself "Don't count your chickens before they hatch", but you know, whether I'm pessimistic or optimistic, they're going to do what they're going to do, and for once I'm going to choose to be optimistic.

BudJet, Noam, cval and 2 others like this.
  10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Parcells did a great job…. Except for convincing Manning to stay in school another year… and passing on TB12 when at least one of his scouts was “pounding the table for him”.

Maybe he took us out of a dark place but he also kept us from the light.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

4 great video's - I'm just surprised that they didn't release them one a week to build up the interest

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Binge TV.

Everyhting is about the binge now!

Noam likes this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Speaking of binge those 4 videos were almost as good as my 4 season binge of Better Call Saul.

NYJalltheway and REVISion like this.
  14. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Funny to see this posted as I had blundered onto these videos and been working on them the last couple days.

I think maybe the thing that struck me the most was that I got the impression from these NFL scout guys that AVT is completely and totally capable of bumping outside and playing tackle. Now... lets hope that never needs to happen obviously but the NFL is a rough sport and season and having extra options during the rough parts can sometimes be important. Heck I remember Chad Johnson kicking a game winning field goal years ago... you never know.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

TB12???

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Guys, I am VERY optimistic. Love Saleh, love the change in the organization. But, keep in mind these videos are pure Jets propaganda and are doing exactly what the Johnsons want them to do. This is not Hard Knocks or unbiased NFL Films shows. So enjoy them, get happy over them, but keep it in the back of your mind that they are Woody's Jets commercials. I'm surprised there are not links for tickets during the video. Maybe there are and I missed them.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

And? Of course they are.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

So, buy your tickets now.

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

On it!

Noam likes this.
  20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member