Flight 2021 Episodes #1 - #4 a must see

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 21, 2021.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

They did a great job on these video.
    Gives me a lot of hope for the future of this team.
    One thing that shows is how much the whole organization is on the same page.
    Breath of fresh air from past regimes.

#1 BudJet, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thnx you so much @BudJet I've been waiting for this!

About to play episode 1 right now!!!!

BudJet likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Binge watched all four. Some cool insight from our coaching staff but I was hoping for some more behind the scenes stuff. Darnold trade discussions, draft day trades, etc. Kind of the way the Panthers did in their offseason doc. Some production stuff drove me nuts but most people won’t care about that. Regardless, as a Jets fan, go out of your way to watch it.

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Binged all 4 last night. Ep 1/2 were okay, but 3 and 4 were great. Watching LaFleur talk offense about our weapons and skill players was nice. We might not have a stud or alpha, but the collective group is super deep and complimentary. Can't remember the last time the 5th WR on the depth chart was a legit option..

PJ4Ever, patleahy, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Just finished episode 2.

Hard not to be excited as hell for this group. There is definitely a different feeling surrounding this coaching staff and roster.

I can't wait for opening day

patleahy, REVISion, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And btw,

I think we struck gold with Zach Wilson.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

That was pretty cool. Watched two last night and the final two this morning.

I won't say much because don't wanna ruin it for others but it's an A+ experience for us Jets fans damn this was A+ awesome.

BudJet and Falco21 like this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I swear Chris Johnson sounds just like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting these. I watched the 1st two and and I am really excited to watch the next 2 but I am afraid that I will be sad when they are all gone. Kind of like reaching the bottom of the bag of the best corn chips ever.

I am really impressed with the production quality, the amount of information and the length of these videos. I love this FO. I was even impressed by Chris Johnson. They must have done some serious editing to make the Johnson's look ok.

BudJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

One thing is for sure… Mike LaFleur loooooves football. I could have listened to him break down plays for the whole two hours. If Wilson is the film junky everyone says he is, the two of them will be best friends.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

That Zach Wilson segment immediately fired me up it was really cool and damn man our scouts too. How thorough they are in scouting. How they leave no stones unturned. It was awesome to get behind the scenes on those guys.

They had Elijah Moore as the #16th rated player in the entire Country and after the trade up for Vera-Tucker they just knew, 100%, that they had just lost him. And then it happened. Elijah slipped into the 2nd round and the ENTIRE FRANCHISE from top to bottom from JD, Saleh, both Johnson's and all the scouts they were all literally praying the entire night that Jacksonville would pass up on Elijah Moore with their 1st overall pick of the 2nd round. And when they passed on Elijah for a CB? Omg. New York went absolutely crazy in celebration coach Saleh was so pumped up he couldn't stop calling Elijah DOG! he just knew we just got ourselves a rare gem and super talented kid.

That was one of my favorite moments right there I had no idea they had him rated #16 on their big board overall and how they weren't sure if Elijah would've still been available @ 23, even without the trade up for Alijah Vera-Tucker; so they said fk it they gambled big and hit the jackpot on both Vera-Tucker and Elijah Moore.

Also the Michael Carter RB pick. They had him graded as an early 3rd. They couldn't believe he was available 4th round and they drafted him with no hesitation they absolutely loved this kid heading in. And not only Elijah but they thought they'd also lose out on Michael Carter too (after they included their two 3rd round picks in order to trade up into the 1st).

And that just goes to show how much they valued and really wanted Vera-Tucker heading into the 1st round. They risked both of Elijah Moore and Michael Carter and just for the guaranteed rights of Alijah Vera-Tucker. Crazy. I haven't been this fired up about Vera-Tucker @ LG until now until watching them rave about him behind but scenes.

These scouts are different. They aren't reaching for players like Elijah and Michael Carter; they're letting them fall right into their big board draft laps. So refreshing.

themorey and SOJAZ like this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that AVT and Moore are of even greater value in this particular draft. Because of Covid scouts could not attend practices, meet with players, sit on the sidelines and almost all the off season events were cancelled too. What this does is create a great deal of uncertainty as you don't know exactly what you are drafting compared to normal. Which makes getting someone who they think is more of a sure thing with less uncertainty and unanswered questions like AVT much much more valuable. The same can be said for Moore and Carter. They were able to navigate a very uncertain draft and still get players they felt extremely good about who all had very high character. This is what makes this draft so good to me.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well said and exellent point!

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Thanks for posting those, I am on holiday with no pc, I'll watch these on my phone later.

BudJet and Noam like this.
  15. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

It was interesting to hear CJ say that they took a break during Salahs first interview and all three ended up in JD office and even at that point they knew they had found their HC. There is a coolness and calmness about Salah that just radiates confidence and belief, I watched them in bed this morning at 6.30 and getting up I was ready to run through walls for Salah, so imagine how the players must feel having him around? I hate to say it but it feels like there might just be something special about to happen over the next few years

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Saleh speaks, you listen. He just has that aura around him that he is someone who is a leader of men. It's such a flip from that idiot Gase man.. When they let Saleh walk out the door after the first interview I really thought we lost out on him.

GreenWhiteandGold, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I watched episodes three and four. Our draft room reminded me of mission control in Houston the moment Neil Armstrong set the Eagle down successfully on the Moon's surface. All that was missing were the cigars. The other thought I had was what that same room must have looked like for the Idzik 12 draft. Surely our draft team were happy with each choice, or was the whole thing a dejected frustrated mess with tears and swear words? (As it should have been)

18. BroadwayAaron

What I found interesting was Rex Hogan saying they got into heated arguments about certain players... I wonder who. I would have to assume Wilson was the consensus considering the way they talked about him and because common sense, but I wonder if this is in reference to trading up for AVT because they thought Moore/Carter would be long shots at best. I sure hope none of them argued against Moore... if so, pack up your shit.

Pepsiguy5 and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I think the coach and JD summed it up best when they talked about the collaboration that resulted in all of them being on the same page... I'll ask all of you...when was the last time the NYJ Owners, FO and CS were on the same page? I think back to putting together the SB team and Walt Michaels teams as two but after that I can not think of any...

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I like when Mike LaFleur said he talked to Saleh, after his interview with the Jets, & he said Saleh told him that that is where he wants to coach. We're as happy to have him as he is to have us.

#20 BudJet, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021