Jets and Crowder negotiations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Wow that is a great deal for the Jets. It also makes Crowder quite tradeable if a team needs a wr at the trade deadline or in August.

K'OB and KingRoach like this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I heard from a reliable source the money wasn’t guaranteed.

K'OB likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's a 5 mil salary with 4.5 mil guaranteed, plus 350k in roster bonus's on a per game basis. dropped his cap hit from 11 mil in 2020 to 6.35 for a savings of 4.65 mil.

patleahy likes this.
  4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

you always have the financials, @GasedAndConfused , lol. I'll give you that. :);)

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Lol how is that possibly a good deal for Crowder?
    He lived up to his contract and busted his ass here, only to be coerced into a 50% paycut due to the timing of it.

I’m sure he will move on next year with hard feelings, and I’m also sure other veterans took note on how Jets mgmt “rewards” good work.

mrmajix and ouchy like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Xfactor talked about why this was a good deal for Crowder. They said the 4.5 million guarantee is more than he would have gotten if he was cut in August. Their argument is while the Jets got something so did Crowder in the guarantee.

The other nice thing they pointed out for both Crowder and the Jets is with only a 5 million dollar salary he could have good trade value at the trade deadline allowing the Jets to get some draft capital and Crowder to play for a possible playoff team.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/06/20/full-details-of-jamison-crowders-reworked-new-york-jets-contract/

Jets81 and patleahy like this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Bro--he couldn't do better in the open market--so its a good deal. The alternative is he got cut and then has to bust his ass just to get a decent 1-yr contract.

I think NFL personnel are more sophisticated regarding the business aspect so I don't share your opinion of bad effects but I respect it as a legitimate position.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Suppose you worked 2 years at some company in absolute crap conditions. But you performed above average and were one of the few bright spots.

Would you be happy if they came to you the next year and said, "We want you to take a 50% paycut, and we guarantee you half pay - but if you don't agree your fired?"

Yeah that's a great day at work and I'm going to love my employer. This isn't a good deal for Crowder. We basically coerced him into taking a large paycut or we'd throw him away like he was some bust signing. People can say, "its just business" but this was really the wrong player/time to do this. This is not just business. This is a culture move that JD is exhibiting.

mrmajix and patleahy like this.
  9. patleahy

you like xfactor, @Noam ? just curious.

10. patleahy

@ouchy I do feel badly for Crowder, ouchy...I'll agree with you there.

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Yeah I do. They go above and beyond with analysis. Most beat writers offer very little substance. They just repeat quotes and put some spin on it with an occasional inside source. But XFactor offers thoughtful analysis and opinions. Something we have been lacking as Jets fans. This does not mean we should take what they say as gospel. It is just an opinion and I am sure quite often wrong. But, I applaud them for doing the extra work and giving us something to consider. I wish the beat writers would respond and up their game because these independent sites are really kicking their butts.

You know I am not a fan of Cimini but as far as beat writers go he is the best for informatiin and doing hard work. He lacks in football knowledge, analysis and trustworthiness but he does work hard. I will take a Cimini or Manesh article everyday of the week over a lazy click bait Darryl Slater article. But these independent guys they are doing such a better job than the traditional beat writers..

IDFjet, NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  12. patleahy

@Noam sounds good, I will have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendation. I also enjoy's @PennyandtheJets live podcasts and analysis, Noam. He is really good too. Do you ever watch his stuff on youtube?

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I watch a little but normally forget about it. I work a lot of hours usually 10 to 12 a day and by then end my brain is fried. I like Penny. He is very smooth and has mega skills. The other guy always annoys me because he can't sit still but the other guy actually has good content I just have to convince myself to keep listening.

patleahy likes this.
  14. patleahy

lol who are you talking about regarding the "other guy?" It sounds like you are talking about Mike....he usually gets up a few times to get himself a fresh beer during the podcast. Is that what you mean about him not being able to "sit still?" lol...yeah Penny is pretty good, you are right he does have a really smooth delivery and definitely knows his Jets football. The ONLY bad thing I can say about his live chats is this.....he does get this weirdo in the live chat who is obsessed with the 85 Bears and tries to shoehorn them into Jets-related discussions, which is weird and annoying....but that isnt Penny's fault, obviously. ;)o_O the dude is just weird. :confused::confused::confused: I think @K'OB will back me up on that. :(

K'OB, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I believe it is Mike. He is really young, fidgets. can't sit still and is always rubbing his face. I find it very annoying. It always fools me because I expect what he said to be bad but he is actually well spoken and thoughfull. Penny IMO has great speaking skills. I am quite jealous of how smooth he is and what a natrual speaker he is. But, what I really like is how calm he is in body movement and demeanor it really gives him the effect of being reasonable and trustworthy. I think he has great skill in speaking. I enjoy watching Penny just because he is so skilled.

NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  16. patleahy

LOL yeah I hear you...mike does tend to fidget a lot on camera, haha. Like you said, he is good though, as is Chad, Penny's other co-host. Big quiet guy who always wears a hoody inside even though it is June, lol. He is quieter than Mike but also offers quality Jets analysis. All three of them definitely know their Jets football.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Maybe because I am old but I think I would prefer listening to a podcast rather than watching their video. Although, if they used the video in a useful way such as blowing up or maliciously destroying Patriots gear like the Adams family used to blow up bridges then maybe I could see the value in video. But, I would definitely listen to them more if it was a podcast rather than video.

PennyandtheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's the qualudes he takes before he goes live. ;):p

Seriously, I agree. Penny is very smooth and does an excellent job.

PennyandtheJets and Noam like this.
  19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

We do from time to time use the video :D

2 Wednesday’s ago we broke down film for Quinnen and AVT with a special guest from Jets X-Factor.

This Wednesday we are doing a live film breakdown of Denzel Mims and Bryce Hall with the aforementioned Jets X-Factor guest :cool:

I am so gonna share this with Mike though lmaooo

He performs better when he is under pressure lol

Thanks for watching all of you guys!

Noam likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You cannot compare the situation to what us average joes experience. It is not comparable in anyway.

On top of being an extremely rare opportunity to play in the NFL to begin with, the average NFL career length is 3.3 years. If you are fortunate to get there you need to get as much guaranteed money as possible as it can & will end abruptly.

Crowder is average. Even pro bowl talents get cut, and cast aside and he isn't even a pro bowl talent. His only options were to take the 4.5 mill guaranteed from the Jets or get cut and hope/pray that someone else gives him a contract for more or similar.

I suspect his agent, with his ear on the league, advised him to gladly accept the Jets offer and now he's just back to work as usual, understanding he's still in the show and still making money