Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

a lot compared to WHAT?
    avg NFL team? US last year?

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

We're definitely going to run a lot under Mike LaFleur because let's be honest Zach Wilson is only a rookie and you know 2009 we ran the ball more than any other team 607 rushing attempts (#1) in comparison to ranking dead last in passing attempts only 393 passes (32nd) for our once 2009' Rookie Mark Sanchez.

That's what I liked about Shotty Jr. although most Jets fans disliked him I just thought he was genius his by the way he didn't throw Sanchez to the wolves and simply let our O-Line, run game and #1 Defense carry Sanchez into back to back AFC Championship Game appearances while hidden behind a ground and pound run game.

And that's why I'm hoping we'll see JD sign Moses he ranked 7th amongst all NFL OTs in run blocking last year and I believe that with an O-Line trio of Mekhi, Vera-Tucker and Moses we'll then be able to feature a monster running game and behind an electric Michael Carter @ RB too, in order to ease Zach Wilson into an NFL world.

#102 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Jets81 and azhar80 like this.
  3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Lol 38 career NFL starts and 45 career football starts. How many of those starts we’re at OT? Hint: around 20.

We’re speaking about a man who’s made about 20 starts at OT. Are you really foolish enough to think he’s reached his potential? (It’s a rhetorical question)

Edit: I’ve stated repeatedly I’d be happy about a Moses signing but if JD was as low on Fant as the TGG board is, JD woulda given up a 6th and locked Moses in.

#103 KingRoach, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  4. KingRoach

The year the 49ers went to the SB, they made the 2nd most rushing attempts in the league. If you don’t know the Jets are molding their team in the 49ers image, I question your love of the Jets and Football in general.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

You expect much patience from a guy who’s 28 turning 29, has 38 starts and has mostly been a swing tackle, and when he’s gotten bulk PT, he hasn’t shown much more then what he’s always been. And if Moses comes, he’s a backup. And he’s on his second team.

then at the same time want to run Edoga off, so in that sense, are you foolish to think he’s reached his potential too? BTW, he’s only 24, and has 12 starts.

And you keep saying JD would have given up a 6th rounder. Guess what happened? He didn’t, in fact no one did. Stop saying that as if it’s an indication of what JD should have done in the past and what he’s about to potentially do in bringing him in.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well then it's just alarming to me how he's now heading into his 6th NFL season but yet NFL coaching staffs have kept him on the bench. That's not a good thing he's not a rookie anymore you know he's turning 29 in July and will be 30 come this time next year.

If he can't make it off of the practice field and into a starting lineup on a consistent basis still 6 years later well then I'm sorry but i wouldn't want Fant anywhere near our #2 overall Zach Wilson.

#106 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
  7. KingRoach

Moses may very well be signed and he may very well be the starter. I hope he is signed but I’m not assuming he’ll be the 13th best OT after coming in to a new system which values lateral quickness (he’s not very quick laterally based on his testing).

You say Fant has about 38 NFL starts, I amended that to 43 total football starts in his life.

Edoga has 20 NFL starts but another 32 NCAAF starts and probably another 30-40 in HS

Between Fant with 43 football games under his belt (only a fraction as OT) vs. Edoga with 80 football games under his belt (all as OT), I’d say Fant has more potential.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well for one starters Zach Wilson wasn't yet drafted #2 overall and I'm not sure JD wanted to invest into a Maccagnan bust QB Sam Darnold just yet. He'd rather have kept all of his draft capital before drafting his QB and as an FSU fan thnx the Football Gods that JD didn't use a 6th round pick last year for Moses because we just drafted one of my favorite FSU players in Hamsah Nasirildeen and Moses as a FA + Hamsah Nasirildeen with our 6th round pick is better than having traded for Moses whole throwing away the Hamsah Nasirildeen pick.

Joe Douglas take the wheel.
    In J.D I trust.

Because I'm not about to begin nitpicking 6th round decisions. I love JDs 6th Hamsah Nasirildeen pick and believe he'll be an All-Pro by year 3/4.

#108 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
  9. KingRoach

After rookie tight end Will Dissly got injured in a week 4 matchup with the Arizona Cardinals, Fant started to play an offensive tackle/tight end hybrid role. He would line up as a sixth offensive lineman, either on the line itself or outside, and declare himself an eligible receiver. Fant had great success in this new role and helped the 2018 Seahawks achieve the number one ranked rushing offense in the league.

On December 10, 2018, in a week 13 Monday Night Football matchup against the Minnesota Vikings, Fant recorded his first career reception, a 9-yard pass from quarterback Russell Wilson.[14]

Fant continued to function as a hybrid lineman for the Seahawks in 2019. He also functioned as the primary backup offensive tackle, filling in for an injured Duane Brown during parts of the season.[15]

On December 2, 2019, in a Monday Night Footballmatchup against the Minnesota Vikings, Fant garnered attention for helping the Seahawks rush for a season-high 218 yards in a 37-30 win. He reported as an eligible receiver on 42 plays during the game and lined up at multiple positions along the line.[16]

I’m not surprised you’re scratching your head, most people who have a lack of understanding scratch their head.

I mention the possibility of Moses moving to guard Bc our RG position is weak, he is the body of a guard and he lacks the lateral quickness ideal for a OT in a wide zone scheme.

I’m done trying to understand your hatred of:
    Fant
    Fitzpatrick
    Davis

I’m starting to feel like the guy in the park yelling at squirrels. So I’ll just placate you moving forward.

The NFL is just like Madden and scheme fit isn’t a thing. If we sign the 13th best RT he will continue to be the 13th best RT and we will have a DWCproof (foolproof - damn autocorrect) OL.

Cheers

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Edoga only has 12 NFL starts.
    (8 in 2019 and only 4 in 2020).

And Edoga just turned 24 last month in May.
    Fant is turning 29 next month in June.

Edoga pretty much has another 5 years of NFL developing until he's as old as Fant currently is (Fant will be pushing 35 by the time Edoga's 29-30 right) so this whole Fant has more potential than Edoga take is a head scratcher for me?

(And I don't even like Edoga either I disliked our entire right side of our 2020 line).

#110 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    Mogriffjr likes this.
  11. KingRoach

The draft was April 29th. Washington was looking to trade Moses late May. May is after April. Since May is after April it would be a 2022 draft pick. That’s how time works.

http://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfoo...l-team-seeks-trade-for-o-lineman-morgan-moses

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Saluti

George Fant: 38 CAREER starts.

Sports reference doesn't lie. They're not allowed to lie (they're paid to be 100% accurate).

(Heck man they even know Tim Tebow only had 2 starts with the Jets).

#112 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    Mogriffjr likes this.
  13. KingRoach

Thank you for pointing out my typo. It’s the most accurate thing you’ve added to the board in quite some time.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

You're welcome.

Fant has 38 career starts (@ OT).

63 games played.
    41 games started.
    (included are 3 of his Seattle Playoff starts).

#114 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    Mogriffjr likes this.
  15. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Lol I would curb the enthusiasm a little bit. We don’t know how he’s going to look like in a zone blocking scheme. I’m cautiously optimistic he will transition well into it (regardless of the poor cone drills) but let’s temper the expectations.

16. KingRoach

I feel like you don’t understand the difference between “spin” and “explain”. I’ve been trying to point out that his starts as a “TE” or as a “6th lineman” are not helpful for his development as a RT or a LT. Yes, I see the amount of starts he has but that’s not what I’m talking about.

I will try 1 last time (Bc I love yelling at squirrels at the park).

He had 7 starts in 2018 for the Seahawks.
    Against the Panthers he was the starting TE
    Against the 49ers he was the starting TE
    Against the Vikings and 49ers rematch he played as the 6th OL
    Against the Chiefs and Cardinals he was RT
    Against the Cowboys he was the 6th OL

Those are the 7 games he started.

You claim that’s 7 games worth of experience as a Tackle while I say it’s only 2 games worth of experience as a Tackle. Let’s agree to disagree how numbers and experience work and call it a day.

17. KingRoach

20 Starts as a RT or LT. Details matter.

Not as a TE. Not as a 6th lineman.

As a edge setting tackle. The job you're critiquing him for not being good enough to do.

I not only have to explain numbers to you and experience but now how words work to? Jfk no wonder people look down on Florida.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

We can say what we say but we can not change the fact that he's heading into his 6th NFL season @ 29 years old with a prior season ending ACL surgery and last year while starting 14 games @ RT he ranked 64th out of a possible 64 OT starters (dead last) vs. Moses who's currently ranked as the NFL's #1 available Free Agent and who ranked 18th amongst all OT's last year while grading our as 7th best amongst all OT's in run blocking.

Nate Solder isn't the be all end all example because you can just as easily name dozens of O-Lineman who've went to a different team with a different scheme and ended up playing excellent football and Mawae, Jumbo, Faneca and Woody are 4 Jets who've done it etc .

#118 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
  19. KingRoach

Saying Fant is almost 30 is like saying you almost make good points.

NE Solder to NYG is an example of a top 10 OT tanking on his next team. But you’re right, it’s not pertinent to the salvation Moses will bring the Jets.

I’m not really surprised Fant ranked 64th after his 1st full season as an OT. 1st ever in his entire life.

Maybe Moses is so good we’ll scrap the whole zone blocking thing for something better suited for him. /s

Since I love your posts, please list out those dozens of OTs who switched schemes and succeeded. I’ll start:

Trent Williams (arguably one of the best OTs to play the game)

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Just know that two successful Jets OTs both Jumbo Elliott and Damien Woody came to our Jets after being drafted by NYG and NE and helped both Vinny and Sanchez.

I just want Moses to help Zach man..

#120 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 19, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.