2020/2021 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JackBower, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

His inability to be a lock down free throw shooter also forces his coaches to try to pull the ball out of his hands. He'd have a clear path to the finals over the past couple years but he's shooting 41% from the line and his whole game predicated on getting to the bucket.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

didn't realize he was that bad at the foul line. that sucks cause I like Giannis

3. Jonathan_Vilma

I meant he's 41% from the line in this series. 61% for his playoff career and 71% for his overall career. But he has a history of missing them at the end of games. Mechanically he's a pretty ugly shooter but there have been ugly looking shooters who can hit free throws. It has to be a mental thing at this point.

I like him too. He did the cool thing and stayed with his franchise rather than seeking another superstar to get him to the promise land.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I just wanna say although he is clearly crazy talented, one of the most dominant I've ever seen

Fuck KD

I've tried telling my friends we don't have a shot. Then the injuries happened and I got my hopes up. I swear I'm a bad luck charm. I got home from work last night and literally only saw KD miss one shot. I just can't even. Every fucking year it's a letdown.

#124 NYJalltheway, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm sure he's worked on it, but he needs a technical shooting coach really badly. LeBron had a lot of similar issues early in his career and once he improved his jump shot (even inside the arc) he backed some defenders off and bad more space to work with.

You can correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't watched a ton this year (been a huge NBA fan up until this year), but another thing that helped LeBron was going to Hakeem's post-camp and becoming a dominant back down player and passed at an elite level out of that position.

Giannis is a very similar player but he hasn't had a Spoelstra/Pat Riley to use him like they used LeBron. They had more talent on those teams but still.

6. NYJalltheway

I can't really comment on that. I enjoy basketball, but am not a die hard know it all.

Just really frustrating to see a team so great keep losing series they should win.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Have Nets fans realized yet that Kyrie will very rarely be at the court when he's injured or on pto?

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

OMG.

Atlanta with an amazing comeback but Philadelphia just pulled off one of the biggest Playoff choke jobs of All-Time!

Outscored Philly 40-19 in the 4th Q alone to win by 3 points lol

I absolutely despite Philadelphia sports fans. They're disgusting. Even threw snow at Santana before. Haven't won an NBA championship since before I was born in 1985 (1983) and I hope those nasty fans don't get to enjoy one until even after the days I'm long gone.

That was awesome to watch. I only tuned in for the 4th Q and damn I'm glad I did ahhhha

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

C: Patrick Ewing.
    PF: Charles Oakley.
    SF: who cares.
    SG: Reggie Miller.
    PG: John Stockton.

Those guys of the 90's were real basketball Legends and they just had too much pride and heart to run to one another in order to such each other off on the SAME TEAM!

But, would Jordan have been able to beat that squad? Laugh me away, but I don't think so. I know 100% he wouldn't have been able to.

Guys like K.G, Ray Allen, LeBron, Bosh, KD, Harden, Kyrie, A.D etc have absolutely ruined this game.

10. BrowningNagle

Not sure who I hate more. Philly or Trae Young.

11. NYJalltheway

I've got the order for you.

1. Durant
    2. Philly
    3-200. Who cares?
    201-220 range. Trae.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

I dont really hate Durant for some reason. I get the hate for sure, but I guess I like the way he plays so I shrug off his other stuff. I dislike Harden and Kyrie more

My issue with Trae Young is that I really hate his game on top of his mouth

NYJalltheway likes this.
  13. NYJalltheway

Honestly I really only really dislike KD. There's others I'm not a fan of, and don't like. But it's an easy #1 for me. I don't care for Embiid. Harden is in the same camp. Lebron I go back and forth with.

I want to see smaller markets win, and see teams built the right way win. I don't get hating Trae, but in open to the reasons why if you want to explain.

Can't wait for the rest of the playoffs.

@BrowningNagle We posted at the same time lol

14. NYJalltheway

Well he has taken over a terrible team and brought them this far, and also gotten a lot of trash talk his way, so for me, I kinda get why he is how he is.

15. BrowningNagle

Fair enough but man, IMO its no fun to watch a guy beg for fouls all game

16. NYJalltheway

I totally get that, but honestly most players do that lol. I also haven't watched a ton of Hawks games too, so there's that.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Same feelings here. I've felt disgusting while finding myself rooting for PHILADELPHIA; that's how much Young and Capela bothered me with their antics during our Knicks series.

I want Greek Freak and Milwaukee to win it all. I respect this kid so much. Reminds me of throwback 1990's legends who refused to run to other superstars in order to suck them off. He's got Milwaukee in a game 7 vs the cowards K.D, Harden and Kyrie. It'll be awesome to see his Milwaukee squad eliminate and upset those guys.

NYJalltheway and BrowningNagle like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

Bucks fan right? Soon you'll have a whole 7 game series to watch the Hawks (hopefully). And you'll see what I mean then

19. NYJalltheway

Yep. Born and raised, and still living in Wisconsin.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

It was awesome to see the looks of the faces on both Trae Young and Clint Capela after being eliminated after trying oh so hard lol.