Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 5, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

WTF has that got to do with it?

It was a stat that only 3 QB's have ever done, one of them in your words is shit.

It barely bothered you while throwing up a picture of him in a Bucc uniform and muttering on about 16 seasons, 14 of which he wasn't a Jet, make your mind up man.

Only Jets related or career related?

I am sure there must be others who have played all their career and not went to a play-off but the thing is I am not sad enough to go and check ;)

16 seasons probably equates to 8 poor ones and 8 decent ones, that is Ryan Fitzpatrick, we have all seen the Lifecycle gif.

All I said was, there is no need to call him Shitztragic, it is childish, possibly churlish considering like I already stated, he is a record holder for most TD's in a season with the JETS, give it up and move on ffs life has far better things for us than Ryan Fitzpatrick, Sam Darnold or any other QB over the last 10-15 years.

KingRoach and Noam like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Don’t know if it has been posted, but apparently, the NYJ are at the brink of signing Moses as our RT and using Fant more as a swing tackle in the rotation.
    Revised. Posted too soon. Ther is a thread out already.

#202 LAJet, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

8 "decent" seasons?

wrong.

He's played for 8 different teams and has a career losing record of 59-86-1.

He's had 11 losing seasons of .500 and below football, consisting of...

0-3.
    2-5.
    3-6.
    3-8.
    4-7.
    4-9.
    5-8.
    6-10.
    6-10.
    6-6.
    4-4.

THAT, is Ryan Fitztragic.

11 years of losing .500 and below seasons does not equate to "8 decent seasons".

He's only ever had 3 seasons of above .500 play.

2-1.
    4-3.
    10-6 (week 17 choke job).

#203 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 17, 2021
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Second most yards in a season and most touchdowns in a season in Jets history.

But don't let that slow down your frenzy of retardation.

K'OB, cval, KingRoach and 1 other person like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Guess you missed his choke job during week 17 during one of the most important regular season games in Franchise history against a divisional rival while tossing 3 4th quarter INTs and eliminating us from the playoffs (5 point loss).

Guess you also missed his 2016 disaster the following year while going 3-8 (.272%) due to (once again) crapping the bed by going 228/403 (56.6%), 12 TDs/17 INTs along with an abysmal QB Rating of only 69.6 and that was even after he acted like an offseason NY mega superstar demanding $12,000,000 in order to return to our Jets.

Hope you enjoyed your Quarterback.

But yeah, I'm pretty much done talking about this career losing mediocre JAG of a QB and hopefully he finally makes the Playoffs during his 17th season but this time with Washington.

Thnx God Joe Douglas rather give 4th and 5th round kids like James Morgan and Mike White an opportunity to prove themselves during OTAs, mini-camp, training camp and preseason before rushing to sign the next career losing and washed up veteran backup.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

This will be the 1st year Fitzpatrick has even been the starter for a good team.

Be prepared to either eat your words or say, “I told you so” later this year but to be fair to the man, playoff caliber teams rarely sign journeyman QBs.

My 2¢ Re name calling: Herndon looked at times he had stone hands Ie balls bounced off his hands. Shitztragic is name calling for the sake of name calling and makes you sound like a petulant child or a jr Hs bully with low self esteem

abyzmul and cval like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's played on 8 different teams.

Now his 9th.

16 years.
    No Playoff appearances.

Can't walk around in life blaming everyone else except, yourself.

And he'll lose with Washington again (if gets a chance to play).

And this'll be the first time he'll play with a playoff caliber team? Wrong.

• In 2008 he went 4-7 with the Bengals.

The following season (without him) Cincinnati made the playoffs (2009).

• In 2014 he went 6-6 with the Texans.

The following season (without him) Houston made the playoffs (2015).

• In 2015 he had a Playoff roster but (week 17) he threw 3 4th Quarter INTs and prevented our Jets from making the playoffs.

The following season of 2016 he gets paid his $$$$; and then leads us to 3-8.

Etc.

Being thrown away by 8 different NFL teams, doesn't lie and neither does a career losing record of 59-86.

Moral of story?

I'm just glad that JD is giving 4th and 5th round kids a chance in both of James Morgan and Mike White with an opportunity to compete throughout OTA's, Mini-camp and Preseason; rather than just looking to sign yet another mediocre veteran within the form of a washed up career losing backup (that'll never net you a 2nd round pick during a future trade).

To each our own.

#207 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 17, 2021
    NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  8. KingRoach

The Texans were 2-14 the year before Fitzpatrick got there.

The Jets were 4-12 the year before Fitzpatrick got there.

Are you trying to prove my point for me?

K'OB likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

There really is no point you can make. He's a career losing 59-86 JAG who's been thrown away by 8 different teams along with 16 years in the league and not 1 single Playoff appearance.

So what the heck is he even good for man?

Please, enlighten me.

• Rams go 8-8 in 2004 only to see Fitz post an 0-3 record in 2005.

• Bengals went 7-9 in 2007 only to see Fitz post a 4-7 record in 2008.

• Tampa Bay went 9-7 in 2016 only to see Fitz post a 2-1 record in 2017 (Bucs win a SB 2 years after throwing him away).

• Dolphins went 7-9 in 2018 only to see Fitz go 5-8 in 2019.

And as already mentioned both Houston and Cincinnati immediately made the playoffs the following season after throwing him away.

There must be a real good reason why coaches like Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin, Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan Bruce Arians and even Doug Pederson have never wanted this career loser anywhere near their locker rooms in order to backup their prized Franchise QBs in case of an injury.

Only guys like Marvin Lewis, Perry Fewell, Chan Gailey, Mike Munchak and Bill O'Brien welcome him into their locker room before later on, throwing him away.

This guy stinks man and brings a losing mentality to every locker room he's ever been in.

Great coaches have avoided him like the black plague (and probably warned their GMs to never bring him into their locker room or anywhere near their players).

Fitz went to Harvard. He's a smart guy. He knows which teams he can manipulate and which teams, he can't).

Mike Martz gave him his first NFL shot and quickly, threw him away.

I enjoyed this Fitz conversation today. Got to remind myself how bad he stinks and why guys like Saleh don't want career losers like Fitz. Thnx.

#209 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  10. KingRoach

“What’s he good for” then proceeds to quote stats from 2004… 2004. How old were you in 2004? How many other QBs have been in the league since 2004?

2019 Dolphins? Was that the same year they traded both Tunsil and Minkah for future 1st round picks?

So you’re making my point again for me… good teams don’t bring in Fitzpatrick. You’ve named a 2-14 team, a 4-12 team and a team who traded its 2 recent first round picks and fired their head coach. Are you insane? (Throwback to previous post)

K'OB likes this.
  11. K'OB

This is why you got sent away for a 6 month holiday, I presume it was a Brook package holiday, I doubt you had the self-control to stop yourself posting for so long lol

Consider the fact that you are now fighting 4-5 posters on a subject and think, 'you know possibly I might have gone over the top here'.

No?

Ah well carry on and you might not see the first game on here :rolleyes:

KingRoach likes this.
  12. K'OB

Are you that dumb that you equate losing seasons just on the QB alone?

It is like you have never watched football or something and quit repeating things, we all remember the Bills game, I seem to recall telling you this once already.

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

KingRoach likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

The QB stirs the drink.

And he's obviously a trash QB because he's...

A.) He's a career losing 59-86 QB.

B.) Throughout 16 NFL seasons he's never once been able to lead his teams to a Playoff appearance.

C.) He's been thrown away by 8 different teams.

• The Patriots were 5-11 the season before Brady made his first start. N.E was 0-2 the year that Brady finally got a chance. What did Brady do? Immediately helped his losing team win a SB. That same year too.

That's what winning QBs do. They help their teams, WIN.

• The Jets were 4-12 in 2007 before Favre took us 10-6 in 2008.

• The Vikings are 10-6 in 2008 before Favre improved then to 12-4 in 2009.

• The Rams were 4-12 in 1998 and Kurt Warner immediately took them to 13-3 in 1999.

• The Chiefs went 2-14 in 2012 and even ALEX SMITH immediately helped improve them to 11-4 the following season.

Etc. Etc.

I could provide another 20+ examples if I wanted to.

But you see. You? You can't. You can't name me any teams who "Ryan Fitzpatrick" ever arrived and immediately helped improve (as their QUARTERBACK). Why can't you? Because he STINKS. That's why.

Thnx you for helping me prove my point on QB's who can immediately help their teams in comparison to Ryan Fitz; who can't (never had and never will).

Another two examples but this time Jets examples (I'm loving it).

Chad Pennington Returns from injury and goes 10-6 in 2006 even after the Jets only finished 4-12 in 2005 and Ray Lucas of 1999 takes over for a 2-4 Rick Mirer and immediately improved our Jets to 6-3.

Where are your Fitzpatrick examples, of him improving his teams? That's right. You don't have any (despite 16 years of NFL sample size, and you still don't).

PS: I was 19 in 2004. The same year I joined JetsInsider. The days of meeting up with friends to play Madden over the weekend back when my GF was not yet my wife and my 10 year old daughter wasn't yet born. Memories of 2004 lol. I think Vick was on the cover ahhhh memories.

14. K'OB

The Jets, you dumb fucker.

You know when he came in and then broke the TD records in a winning season with the team going from 4-12 to 10-6.

Is that an improvement after joining?

You really are just plain stupid at times.

bicketybam and KingRoach like this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Actually, nope. You're wrong. Brook didn't ban me. I walked away. My own free will.

And I'm not "fighting" with anyone K'OB; I just feel passionate about Saleh giving 4th and 5th round kids a chance throughout OTA's, Mini-camp and preseason before going out there and signing career losing veteran backup JAGs who are washed up with a 0.00% chance of ever fielding us a 2nd or 3rd round pick in return.

16. K'OB

This argument isn't about this though is it.

Not one single person you are fighting with has advocated Ryan Fitzpatrick coming in and taking over from those kids, it is about you calling Fitzpatrick Shitztragic, all the rest has come from your frenzied typing and let's be honest here, your argument is getting worse with every post.

I want Morgan/White to be our back up, I just feel there is no need to label Fitz Shitz in every single post you were making.

bicketybam and KingRoach like this.
  17. KingRoach

My new ideal season is:
    After Week 8
    Fitzpatrick starts 6-2
    Devonte Smith has less that 10 catches
    Moses isn’t the starting OT for the Jets
    Fant is having an all Pro-Season
    DwC returns to the board with a thread titled “I don’t know wtf I’m talking about”

18. KingRoach

Are you comparing Fitzpatrick to the Goat, 2 top 20 QBs of all time, and a former #1 overall pick who lasted in the NFL for 15 years?

Ok. You win. Fitzpatrick isn’t as good as Brady, Farve, Warner or Alex Smith. I don’t know how I could have been so foolish.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sorry. I forgot (I don't care enough about him to really, remember).

All that sticks to my mind with him as a JET is...

A.) crapping the bed week 17 during one of the most important regular season games in Franchise history while throwing 3 INTs during the 4th quarter and ruining our playoff opportunity.

B.) And then the following offseason he demanded $12M as some type of NY mega star.

C.) Only to go 3-8 overall (.272%), 228/403, (56.6%). 12 TDs/17 INTs (pure garbage) and a QB Rating of only 69.6 the following season (disgusting).

PS: It's pretty hypocritical of you for jumping down my throat for calling him "Shitztragic" all in good nature by playing off his "Fitzmagic" nickname, but yet you then feel you have the right to call me a dumb fucker and call me stupid etc?

O.k K'OB. You win. I lose.

I'm not here to personally attack you. I don't even personally know who you are. The old me would probably say something disrespected over a message board. But the new me will now place you on ignore (on said message board). Please don't quote me anymore, because I won't be able to read your posts while trying to degrade me as a person and/or as a Jets fan. Bye.

@Losmeister and @KingRoach I appreciate you guys for talking backup QBs with me (featuring Ryan Fitz) while agreeing to disagree without throwing low blows. Look forward to talking Jets Football with you gentlemen throughout the season.

#219 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

lol ok cool. We'll let his 17th season play out and see what happens man. Should be fun to bump this thread heading into week 9 with Moses as our starting RT and Fant our swingman.

PS: I bet Fitzmagic won't have them better than 7-9 from last year by the end of the season despite an A+ awesome Defense (which held TOM BRADY to 10 Playoff points).

(Bookmarked).