Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Big fan of this news. Putting him at RT for minimum of 3 yrs could do wonders for all aspects of the O = running game & Wilson security. And Moses would be LT insurance.

Sam Darnold must be like "Gee, - thanks a lot."

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. For as much crap as I've talked about Sam it was criminal to watch what happened to him.

• Crap for coaches (mainly, Gase).
    • Crap for O-Lineman. Absolute crap.
    • Crap for WRs. And then lost Anderson.
    • Crap for RBs. Frank Gore? Criminal..

He never had a prayer.

I hope he goes 0-16 this year (2nd round pick) but come 2022 I'd really like to see him find success (just no SB, because NY fans will never let it go).

3. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

This news also makes me feel much better about trading up for AVT --- I had slotted both an OG & RT for NYJ somewhere in the first 3 rounds of my 2021 mock.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I highly doubt he gets cut. we can afford him even if he's overpaid as a back-up and you always want depth. if becton or moses get hurt he's the next man up and it's likely to happen at some point. you don't want edoga and mcdermott out there protecting zach when injuries start to happen

IDFjet and REVISion like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

For me it just felt awesome the moment we traded up for the #1 rated interior O-Lineman within the Country coming out in Alijah Vera-Tucker; I kept telling myself Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker will develop alongside one another as our Brick-of-Gold in D'Brickishaw and Mangold once did.

With that said I can definitely understand your O-Line concerns. Because before the trade I really wanted one of either Wyatt Davis (Guard) from Ohio State or Jalen Mayfield (OT) of Michigan (if not, both).

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

So are you saying that even if Mekhi Becton had started all 16 games last year that Joe Douglas still wouldn't have went after Morgan Moses despite having the 3rd most offseason available salary cap space?

Just seems to me like he's working like a dog in order to replace a mediocre Fant @ RT in order to protect his prized Rookie QB and #2 overall investment.

#46 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    NYJalltheway likes this.
  7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

WHO'S #76 NOW...UNTIL MOSES IS SIGNED & I'm sure he will ask for his #76

#47 BudJet, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

George Fant is #76 ok so first he'll take his starting spot away from him and then he'll want his jersey # off of his back too? Na.

If I were Fant I'd want to fight him ha

#48 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 17, 2021
  9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

We have 3 6th round picks. We coulda given one of those picks to get Moses for $7mm in 2021.

We’re moving to scheme with a lot of lateral movement. Moses tested very poorly in his lateral movements.

The Jets aren’t really know for their leaks but it’s reported we’re getting close to signing Morgan Moses.

Do we really want Moses? Did his people leak the story to judge any other interest? If so, are the Jets offering a cheap contract (thanks for the extra $5 mm Jamison), are they planning to move him to guard or maybe the bench ie no guaranteed starting spot?

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

18th vs. 64th.

Also wondering why Douglas and Saleh who've mentioned how excellent of an OT he is would move him over to RG despite Moses having started 96 consecutive games @ OT without ever missing a single game? I don't think Moses would want to come here to be a RG.

For the kid Wilson I'd want him @ RT not even T.J. Watt one of the most explosives and freakish outside pass rushers was able to break this man down.

#50 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    Mogriffjr and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  11. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Git R Done JD Git R Done Yeee Haw

12. KingRoach

Ooh. I get it. You think this is like Madden where you can just sub in one player for the other and their score chances the team score (or something, I don’t actually play madden)?

Are you old enough to remember when the Giants sighed the top OT FA and he totally sucked? Nate Solder I think was his name. He was ranked 13th. 13 is even better than 18.

You seem to have comprehension issues. I didn’t shit on Moses. I hope we sign him. I pointed out we could have had him for $7mm and a 6th rd pick. He is worth less than $7mm and a 6th. I pointed out the Jets camp doesn’t leak stories yet a story was leaked today. I pointed out he has shitty 3 cone times which measures lateral quickness. I pointed out we’re moving to a blocking scheme where lateral quickness is very very important. I pointed out you’re not right in the head.

Every singe one of the things I pointed out is 100% factual and verifiable.

#52 KingRoach, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Ptflea2, PJ4Ever and K'OB like this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea I'm old enough to remember Nate Solder. I'm older than Nate Solder. Heck i used to post as a Jets fan back in 2005 on JetsInsider but yet Nate Solder wasn't drafted drafted until 2011.

I'm born in 1985 so now you can stop questioning my age in a mockingly manner but what does Nate Solder have to do with Morgan Moses improving our RT position as an upgrade over Fant for Wilson?

Nate Solder however since you've mentioned him imo was carried by Tom Brady because Brady was already a 3x SB Champion before N.E ever drafted Solder not to mention Brady has a history of making many of his teammates much better than they really were that's why he's the goat Montana x2 and chances are the N.Y Football Giants are now finding out that Solder's probably no different.

I'd at least get to enjoy watching Moses play alongside of two younger kids in Becton/Vera-Tucker because I can't enjoy Fant @ RT as 50% of the right side of our O-Line I just can't again 2021.

#53 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Actually, that is quite sad tbh :eek:

15. KingRoach

Yes. The Nate Solder thing was about two years ago. I was casually suggesting you had the mental aptitude of a 2 yo while also pointing out a player who works in 1 system may not work in another.

I also stated I hope they do sign Moses but there is more than 1 red flag.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

As long as coach Saleh and JD are on the same page you can sign me up.

"Jets head coach Robert Saleh later confirmed that Moses was brought in for a workout, saying he and general manager Joe Douglas will never "shy away from adding good football players."

"Morgan is obviously a fantastic player," Saleh said during OTAs last week. "He’s got a lot of history in this league and has played at a very high level and somebody that we brought in."

Look like they're both on the same page.

#56 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 18, 2021
    NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The way I read this signing right now is that the Jets are a bit jittery over Becton's foot and they are signing Moses just in case.

Fant doesn't get replaced in that situation he moves to LT.

18. K'OB

Good job Fant has a brain then.

KingRoach likes this.
  19. K'OB

You don't like being called dumb but...

How many times does that fella have to say to you 'HE WANTS MOSES TO SIGN' before it sinks into your brain?

So in conclusion, if he wants Moses to sign, he must think he is a good player.

And as for the kick-off times, just what if this fella pays for the package that lets you watch the games again at any time you choose, like on the replay game facility.

Like I said earlier, don't act dumb and nobody will call you out on it when you say dumb shit.

#59 K'OB, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    KingRoach likes this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You have to give a lot of credit to JD and what he's doing.

Even if you don't think he'll work out with this franchise, which I think you're crazy if you believe, he is doing something the Jets haven't seen in a very long time.

I'm so pumped for this franchise right now. Finally

NCJetsfan, NYGANGGREEN, K'OB and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.