Sights and Sounds - Jets Minicamp (June)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 15, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm a little confused.

How did he throw 7 INTs?

Just the other day if not yesterday I read reports of Lawrence pulling a hamstring or nursing a hamstring.

But then the next day or what not they've got him practicing again already?

Weird.

Noam likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep. He covers the team he hates. And yet some think he gets a bad rap from the fans and has been victimized by the incompetent Jets organization for years. IMO he has a hard on for Wilson and JD for the early trade of Sam Darnold. Thus, he is far from being objective in any evaluation that doesn't serve him well.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He’d cherish it

K'OB and Noam like this.
  4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Piece of shit

NYGANGGREEN and Noam like this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He did pull a hamstring recently but he seems to be back practicing for a few days.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://theathletic.com/2653338/202...der-marcus-maye-and-others/?source=dailyemail

From Connor Hughes' Report yesterday:
    • One more note on Saleh. He had this longer quote on the Jets’ 2020 season, which I thought was telling: “I’m going to take you through a scenario, if I can paint a picture for you all. Last year was trying for this organization. If you really want to measure the character of the individuals that are in this locker room, this team had that 0-for start, had a pretty bad loss at the last second, travel all the way to Seattle. They’re 0-for, they travel all the way over to Seattle and Seattle gets after them pretty good. They have to fly all the way back for a week’s worth of practice, then go all the way back out to the West Coast to play the Rams, who are a playoff team, and this group of men win. That is probably one of the hardest things to do in football. To have that type of travel, after having consecutive losses that happened to them, to have the character, the resolve, to bounce back against a playoff team, playing for a division. Then to come back home and beat Cleveland, who was another playoff team. I get they were shorthanded, but it doesn’t matter, it’s still the NFL. It just speaks volumes to the resolve of the people that were in this locker room. So, when we did get here, that resolve showcased itself immediately. These young men want to work, they’ve been very receptive, they’ve been easy to work with. Like I said: We’re excited to go through some hard times with them because we feel we have men of great character.”

Quick hits and tidbits
    • The Jets haven’t had someone with Michael Carter’s talent out of the backfield in quite some time. He’s a legitimate weapon there. He made a gorgeous, twisting, one-handed catch up the right sideline in 7-on-7 drills. He’s a fun guy to watch in individuals, too, when the Jets run the wheel route. He catches the ball with such ease.
    • Quarterback James Morgan had a good day — one of his better practices of the summer. He had a nice throw on a post to Manasseh Bailey, then hit Vyncint Smith for a long touchdown.
    • Rookie tight end Kenny Yeboah had an impressive catch deep down the seam from Wilson. His practice went downhill from there. He dropped three very catchable passes. The tight end position is up for grabs. Can’t be doing that if you want to make a run at it.
    • The kicking gauntlet continued on Tuesday. Chris Naggar and Sam Ficken were much better. Naggar went 3-for-4 while Ficken made each of his attempts.
    • Bryce Hall seems to be coming along nicely. The second-year corner hasn’t been as noticeable in recent practices, and that continued on the opening day of minicamp. That’s a good thing for defensive backs. Granted, that could be because Wilson and the other quarterbacks prefer to pick on the others at his position.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sam Darnold is really struggling and struggling bad so far.

It looks like he doesn't even know how to throw a football...lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I am so excited about this fucking talent, he could prove to be an absolute steal.

themorey and matt robinson 17 like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Coach Robert Saleh press conference coming up @ 10:30 (2 mins away).

FJF and GreenWhiteandGold like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I thought off angle throws were all the rage around here.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Willing to learn from his mistakes will be the making of him, that is what held the last one back in the end.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

16. NCJetsfan

Just so you know, LaFleur is the correct spelling our OC's name.

I would think Wesco is probably the only player on the roster they could use at FB, unless they use one of the DL or OL. I wonder if that means one less TE or RB. I'd be shocked if they kept 9 roster spots for those 2 position groups.

Noam likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there are gonna be some hard cuts for sure in some areas like TE, RB, and CB

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I loved saleh’s answer on bringing in a vet corner. It’s about time we had a coach willing to actually coach and develop and not bring in vets that steal reps.
    Cautiously optimistic

19. NCJetsfan

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

TGG Teammates. Once again, thank you all for the terrific information, links and tweets about the Jets in OTAs and Mini Camp. I don’t remember having this much fun reading some no kidding real, insightful and timely status about our players in like forever. What t I find most refreshing is the feedback from our HCS, from the top down, they answer questions with substance, of course without giving away the company secrets, but unlike years past where we were treated like morons with answers that said absolutely nothing about anything.
    I honestly think this will turn out to be the best Jets leadership team ever for us and the beginning of a no kidding winning culture that will turn the Jets into a team that will be fun to watch on Sundays.
    Can wait to share with you all the progress thru training camp and pre season.
    Go Jets