Sights and Sounds - Jets Minicamp (June)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 15, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Oh my giddy aunt, wtf is that shit lol

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Wilson was unmasked at the Isles and Knicks games. Not sure he’d have been allowed to do that if he wasn’t vaccinated. Or at least those are the rules. It would be a terrible look for the Knicks and Islanders if they let him break the rules because he’s famous.

NYGANGGREEN, sozopol, azhar80 and 2 others like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Also Cimini’s bullshit today is exactly why people hate him. It’s not the negative coverage, it’s how he chooses to cover the team. Why ask Corey Davis about Darnold? That’s solely to stir shit up and make a headline. That’s not constructive in the slightest.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's still early, but things are looking really good heading into TC.

Offense
    Zach has impressed everyone and has looked even better than expected. He still has a lot to learn and there will undoubtedly be some bumps in the road going forward, but I don't how anyone can help from being excited about his potential and the Jets future with him at QB. Morgan and White have struggled some, but I love Saleh's comments about not being lazy or taking the easy way to feeling comfortable, and they plan on teaching and developing Morgan and White. I truly hope that Morgan will develop into our long term backup.

Our WR corps looks strong, and should be the 2nd strongest/best unit on the team. Moore is a star in the making. Davis is solid and I think will feast in this scheme. Crowder is reliable. Berrios has improved and built solid chemistry with Zach. Mims has flashed in his brief appearances. If he can just get healthy and stay healthy like he did at Baylor, our passing attack is going to be exciting provided the OL can keep Zach upright.

I think our rushing attack will surprise a lot of people. It appears that Carter is going to be a great player for us, and there have even been positive reports on Perine. Right now, it appears that Adams may be the odd man out. I hope that he can pick it up in TC.

With regards to the OL, there's not much to discuss since Becton hasn't practiced and they haven't been in pads yet. Hopefully, his foot heals, he loses weight, and AVT and he form an All-Pro left side of the OL for the next 10-15 years.

TE is the weak spot on the OL. Either due to LaFleur trying to light a fire under Herndon or his play slipping, he has been practicing with the 2s while Kroft practices with the 1s. Kroft is a better blocker, but has problems staying healthy, and his hands aren't reliable. He dropped 3 passes in one OTA practice. At least Griffin has looked healthy, and we finally had a Kenny Yeboah sighting. If we are going to get much production out of the TE position, we'd better hope that Yeboah is able to pick it up considerably in TC. This is the weakest position group on the roster imo, even though all except Yeboah are veterans.

Defense
    The DL is undoubtedly the strongest unit on our team. The talent and depth on that unit is unbelievable, and even FA DT Michael Dwunfour has had an impressive spring according to Mr. Negative, Rich Cimini. Sadly, I see no way he makes the team, but they may be able to keep him on the PS or even trade him for a draft pick. Lawson has looked fast and should beast in Saleh's/Ulbrich's scheme. Perhaps the most wonderful thing about our DL is that there is only one player on it on whom we used a 1st round draft pick. The rest were FAs , mid- and lower- round draft picks and UDFAs.

Our LB corps, at least the starters, has looked better than I expectred. Mosely is in excellent shape. Davis has looked good so far and been better in coverage. Cashman is injured, but what else is new. Hamsah Nasirildeen has looked really good and has the edge at the WLB position. The only disappointment there is we haven't heard much positive about Jamien Sherwood. Depth at LB appears to be scary outside of perhaps Milo Eifler who has had a good spring, but that may change when they put the pads on in TC.

At Safety, Davis has yet to practice, but supposedly will be ready for TC. I hope so as he needs a lot of work. JT Hassell has looked good this spring, and may be earning himself a place on the roster. Safety should be one of our strongest units with Maye, Joyner, Hassell, Davis, and both Nasirildeen and Sherwood can also play S. At CB Austin has been injured after the first few practices I believe. In his absence Pinnock and Dunn have gotten a lot of reps and have looked pretty good, so that is encouraging. Hall has looked good as usual. Even Echols has made some plays in the slot, so the slot CB job should be a real dog fight with Carter II and Guidry. I think CB is probably the 2nd weakest unit on the team, at least at present, but could improve dramatically by the time the season starts if Pinnock or Dunn continue to develop.

STs
    I only heard something about the Kicking battle once and Ficken was 0-5 and Naggar was 3-5. Hopefully, Naggar will improve and win the kicking job, or we may be looking for a kicker after TC closes. STs should be better with the addition of speed and playmaking ability. We should have a different PR than Berrios and that should lead to a big improvement in PR yardage.

5. NCJetsfan

You haven't heard about QAnon? Oh my goodness. Google it. That is some wacky-ass shit.

K'OB likes this.
  6. K'OB

I did just before that reply.

Hell, over here there are people who think that paedo's are in power and tbf I can understand that in some of the more dodgy things that you hear about (some high up politicians over hear were beasts) but cannibalistic paedo's bringing The Orange One down takes some believing tbh.

Noam likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He’s a Jet hating piece of shit

Brook!, NYGANGGREEN and Noam like this.
  9. K'OB

ouch

matt robinson 17 and Noam like this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm honestly still confused to how people watched wilson and fields film and preferred fields. Wilson looks so much like a natural QB and has the personality and drive to be great

NCJetsfan, NYGANGGREEN, Noam and 2 others like this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well to be fair GAC, mostly all of us NCAA Football fans tune into Clemson/Alabama/Ohio State games etc

and being in NY/NJ or down here in Florida? I'd estimate that probably 99.9% of us haven't even ever watched 5 BYU games throughout our entire lifetime(a) and know absolutely nothing about Mountain football (I've never met a Mountain person a day in life my before).

I slept on Zach Wilson. And I'm glad I did; because he's already woken me up.

I was concerned about his shoulder surgeries with one being to his throwing shoulder (Pennington PTSD syndrome as a Jets fan) but concerned, no more. This kids arm might've even gotten stronger post surgery because it's a rocket and I won't compare him to Patrick Mahomes, that's stupid; but his arm looks Patrick Mahomes esque in terms of featuring an absolute cannon with all different types of arm angle ability.

This (below) is my favorite game from Zach Wilson. A perfect game. I love it because every throw feels like a pitcher going for a no hitter; he was absolutely flawless during his teams bowl game. He wasn't dinking and dunking to protect his 18/18 perfect game either, this kid was letting it FLY.

I bet most of us Jets fans never even saw this game before being drafted. I know I didn't. Only ran into it a couple of days ago. Sick.

13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

7 INT's?! That is hilarious. It almost seems like satire.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Both are non stories. Both ended up praising him after these headlines.

But still. I don't get the feeling that Jacksonville's coaching staff is installing A+ confidence into this kid.

There are ways to say things when talking to the media and they're doing a pretty crappy job imo.

Jaguars assistant Brian Schottenheimer not ready to name Trevor Lawrence starting QB

Urban Meyer mum on naming Trevor Lawrence starter: 'He's not ready yet'

#114 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    matt robinson 17 likes this.
  15. matt robinson 17

When do the Jets deny Jet hater Cimini access like Mehta

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. matt robinson 17

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think when watching games and being a fan creates a bias. Like all of us are biased in 1 way or another towards the jets. I'm not a college fan. I like watching the games of prospects after the fact and watched a ton of film on both wilson and fields and it was obvious to me who was the better prospect but some were dead set on fields and I still don't get why

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Don't worry. I'm on the verge of preparing to become one of our next Jets beat writers lol I kid I kid.

PS: Check your inbox man!

Lon Chaney and matt robinson 17 like this.
  19. matt robinson 17

Cimini with all his friends

Lon Chaney likes this.
  20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Can you imagine what Cimini would write about Wilson if he threw 7 INTs in one practice?