Jets and Crowder negotiations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

And you would still be wrong, all the people I listed as real busts would still illicit disappointment and therefore still be ahead of Corey Davis in the top 5 of anything list.

PJ4Ever and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree that he'd be happier going to a playoff team. He still might feel a little hurt/used/betrayed by the Jets, but based on his comments that it's just business, probably not.

4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

We haven’t agreed on much in the past, I’m not sure why I should agree to your terms now.

I’ll type slow so maybe you can understand. The 2022 seasons hasn’t happened yet therefore we don’t know if Davis will be the 17th highest or the 25th highest receiver. Since the information isn’t yet available, we can’t use it use make an average.

Speaking of information not yet available, we don’t know what Crowder’s restructured contract looks like so to assume it’s not guaranteed is painfully ignorant.

Didn’t you read my previous post? I don’t have many emotions therefore I don’t have emotion based posts. I think the technical term is sociopath. I have fact and logic based posts, two things you seem to be lacking.

5. KingRoach

Couldn’t find a picture of Jordan?[​IMG]

6. KingRoach

There’s a chance Crowder will stay a Jet AND be on a playoff team.

PJ4Ever and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

If they wind up extending/re-signing him for next year, there is definitely a good chance he will be on a playoff team. This year, not so much, but there's still a chance if all goes well.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t looking for one.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

In the conversation the term "top 5" meant players taken in the top 5 picks of the draft. This is why the list you provided made no sense in the conversation, except to drill home the term bust was incorrect. The term "disappointment" is not incorrect, as Davis was a disappointing top 5 pick. Perhaps if you paid closer attention to the conversations you jump into you could contribute more meaningful posts, or maybe even understand someone else's point of view.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So true. The Titans virtually swamped out Corey Davis for Julio Jones. Tennessee could legitimately have the best WR duo in the league. If Henry is still a BEAST, they could have the #1 offense too.

I too was at that last game. What a heartbreaker. Seriously. I stayed with Bills fans the night before and was surrounded by the same during the game. I had my Victory Dance all choreographed from the bleachers but never got to use it!

KingRoach likes this.
  11. Footballgod214

I agree with all this....my comment on trading Crowder was more just me trying to figure out JD's motive to halving his pay. I think JD may be looking ahead to this scenario: IF Alijah Moore develops quick and is KILLING it and Crower, as good as he is, is actually losing much of his play time to Moore. The writing will be one the wall. So by getting Crowder's pay in line with his position, it will be A LOT easier for JD to trade him mid-season and re-coop a 4th. Not that JD will, but JD LOVES HIM some flexibility any way he can get it.

NCJetsfan and PJ4Ever like this.
  12. KingRoach

*Elijah Moore

The motivation IMO is that JD’s obligation is to build the best team he can in a Salary Cap league. Crowder’s current pay was well over market value.

With all the shit contracts over the years I’m in awe of the amount of fans who were OK with overpaying a player.

Old yeller was a faithful dog but he still had to be put down in the end. (Sorry for the spoiler for anyone who hasn’t seen this 1950’s classic)

PJ4Ever and Footballgod214 like this.
  13. K'OB

Yeah that shone right out of your post, this is what I replied to.

I mean that doesn't scan like you claim, but you could have clarified that without being arsey but you ignored my first post completely.

so if we are going to be arsey, why didn't you reply to the 2nd part of the post that was a 'meaningful' conversation?

Tell you what, don't bother as I'm not that arsed, you'll only find something else to be unhappy about before September.

#193 K'OB, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You are arguing with the kid who wanted to take Jalen Smith at number 2.

KingRoach, Noam, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  15. K'OB

Fair point tbh.

Noam likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I agree that JD was just being smart and proactive. It is my understanding that this is a farily common practice for the better GMs. Crowder was scheduled to make too much money even as a starter. If Moore does supplant him as the starter, then he (Crowder) would definitely be making too much. This not only gets the team salary structure in better order, but if some other team expresses a lot of interest in Crowder, it would enable JD to be able to trade him if he wanted to and could get a decent return.

#196 NCJetsfan, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  17. Footballgod214

You said it better than me!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yup if our group stays healthy and moore explodes a team going for a SB run who loses a couple of WRs to injury would easily give up a mid round pick for crowder. maybe as high as a 3rd or 4th

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Didn't see this posted--According to Overthecap, Crowder got 4.5mm guaranteed--that's a good deal for both parties imo.

REVISion and Noam like this.
  20. K'OB

Well it certainly is for the Jets, not sure a player dropping from 10m to 4.5m is in the same ballpark lol

He signed it so we move on and so will he next season I'd imagine, looking for a 3 year deal at 8m+ a season.

REVISion likes this.