Jets and Crowder negotiations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jun 4, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. His numbers would've gone through the roof without Derrick Henry combining for 896 rushing attempts for 4,626 rushing yards and 45 rushing TDs along with 73 Receptions (mostly screens) throughout the previous 3 years.

To combine for 173 Receptions for 2,476 Receiving yards and 11 TDs throughout the previous 3 years despite playing in a Derrick Henry Offense that ranked 31st, 31st and 30th in passing attempts is pretty damn impressive (for me at least).

I guarantee A.J. Brown would've combined for way more than 122 receptions throughout his first 2 years (only 61 per season) if not for a game managing QB in Ryan Tannehill who handed the football over to Derrick Henry a whooping 681 times throughout 2019 and 2020 combined.

A.J Brown = 190 targets for 122 catches (previous 2 year's). 64.2% catch rate.

Corey Davis = 161 targets for 108 catches (previous 2 year's). 67.1% catch rate.

Yes. That's how truly awesome Corey Davis has been for Tennessee.

#161 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m beginning to see why your stats and number game in general is so bad. What’s the highest grade you finished in grade school? No disrespect intended; just trying to get a better idea of who I’m talking to.

Personally, I’m ok with Robbie not being here and I’m definitely ok with Crowder taking a pay cut.

I haven’t seen the contract specifics yet but I’m very surprised the Crowder money isn’t guaranteed. Please send me a link with the contract details else I’ll just add this to the long long list of misleading information posted by you. You post so much misleading information, I’m beginning to think you’re a politician.

Crowder at $11mm, not tradable. Contract at $6mm, tradable.

On a completely separate train of thought, if Devonte Smith asked you to suck his cock, would you?

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I know you're talking to @ouchy but come on man, your post above is both disrespectful and disgusting.

"What's the highest grade you finished in grade school" followed by "no disrespect" despite the fact that you said it in order to be, disrespectful.

And asking someone over a football message board if they'll "suck De'Vonta Smith's COCK'? That's disgusting man .

You should feel ashamed of yourself and I hope you don't talk to your wife or family like that... Do you?

I may not agree with Ouchy's WR opinions on both DeVonta Smith and/or Corey Davis and others etc but instead of degrading the man I try and use statistics and insight in order to show my thought process visually.

You owe him an apology (imo).

#163 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  4. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Sorry Top 6 lol and Pro Bowls mean nothing imo

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I love how he stated "to be fair" Leo wasn't drafted top 5... But then ignores how Leo was drafted 6th overall. Just funny to me. As if being drafted 5 makes you better than 6 (when all teams have, um, different needs)?

He'll lump picks 1-5 together but won't lump picks 5-6 together? Unreal.

At the end of the day being drafted X, Y, Z has nothing to do with how a player later on performs on the football field, once being drafted. That's out of their control.

Corey Davis has put up excellent numbers throughout the previous 3 years once taking into consideration that Tennessee has ranked 31st, 31st and 30th in Passing Attempts.

Let's not talk about Corey Davis stats while ignoring his QBs and Tennessee's "stats" because that's agenda driven horse crap with no insight into a players situation etc.

Hopefully Zach isn't forced to rank 31st, 31st and 30th in fewest passing attempts throughout the next 3 years because then Zach Wilson will become nothing more than an overrated Ryan Tannehill game manager while the likes of Elijah Moore and Denzel Mims will NEVER have a chance to shine (poor Corey Davis).

PJ4Ever likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

This is a two parter

A Sorry pal but that is just horseshit, even a dumb Brit like me can search out and find so many more, some from memory others by looking at 'busts' take note of the WR's in that list.

Rashaad Penny, RB pick 27 - Penny is heading into the final year of his rookie contract with less than 1,000 career rushing yards and no career starts.

Phillip Dorsett, WR pick 29 - He caught just 12 passes in 2017 after being traded to the Patriots. After not playing in 2020, he is now on the Jaguars' roster.

Paxton Lynch, QB pick 26 - he started just four games.

Johnny Manziel, QB pick 1 - was ultimately released after two seasons and just 258 passes as a professional.

Taco Charlton, DE pick 28 - 3 teams and busting at all of them.

Dee Milliner, CB pick 9 - how soon you forget.

Justin Gilbert, CB pick 8 - Gilbert started just three games across two seasons before the Browns traded him to Pittsburgh for a sixth-round pick. Then banned for PEDS

Jake Locker, QB pick 8 - He started 23 games in four seasons but was eventually replaced by a rookie, retired.

Kevin White, WR pick 7 - In five seasons, White is yet to catch a TD in the NFL.

Justin Blackmon, WR pick 5 - Drug abuse

Dwayne Haskins, QB pick 15 - Haskins was named the starting quarterback and offensive captain by Washington head coach Ron Rivera heading into the 2020 season, but by the end of the year he'd been demoted to fourth-string quarterback and stripped of his captain title.

Josh Rosen, QB - Pick 10 - "I thought I should have been picked at 1, 2 or 3. I dropped, and I was pissed. I was really, really angry," Rosen said. "There were nine mistakes made ahead of me. And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know they made a mistake." Oops.

Trent Richardson, RB pick 3 - Richardson was hyped as the game's best running back prospect since Adrian Peterson. He had a solid first season for the Browns, but they gave up on him quickly, shipping him to Indianapolis for a first-round pick after just 17 games. From there, his career fell off a cliff.

Dion Jordan, DE pick 3 - Jordan made one start for the Dolphins. Drugs

ps, Davis didn't even make the top 25 in the list I took all these details from.

B Do we have to have a true #1 on our list? Can we play with two #2's no primary target, it would certainly confuse the opponents for a few games and for that matter with so many slot receivers a true #1 might not be needed anyway.

That list is certainly the best since Fitz threw to Marshal, Decker, Q etc I mean you only have to look at it and compare it to the last 3 seasons, of course, for now, that is just on paper but every single thing is, until the action starts.

#166 K'OB, Jun 16, 2021
  7. KingRoach

Based on his understanding of numbers, there’s a chance Ouchy is 10-12 yo. I don’t know who I’m talking to. If he is that young, I plan on not being so harsh in my posts, so I asked.

More humans on this planet suck cock than don’t. The fact you find the idea disgusting is a bit homophobic and offensive. I’m straight, but if Michael Jordan whipped it out and asked me for head, I don’t think I’d say no. That question would be highly inappropriate if ouchy is as young as he presents himself so you’re right in the sense that I should have waited for him to answer my first question before I asked my final question.

Shame is not an emotion that I have.

You showing him stats doesn’t work. Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” Ouchy is either young or “special”, I’m an asshole, and you’re insane. Now we all know eachother a little better.

cval, PJ4Ever and K'OB like this.
  8. KingRoach

On the Dwayne Haskins blurb you can add he was released from the team before the end of the season.

K'OB likes this.
  9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I get the idea that you want to wait to see it to believe it. I think that's fair, as we all should. Nobody should be anointed anything until they produce.

However, big disagree on your Davis sentiment. He is not universally considered a top bust of the last decade. Most everyone knows he is a very good WR who was in a littany on non productive situations. He teetered the bust territory coming off of the Mariota era, but then started to get it going, even in a run heavy offense and sharing targets. So you're pretty much wrong on that one.

K'OB, PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Excellent responses. It's mind boggling to me how anyone can make the claim that was made for part A. It's simply a flat out lie, either that or the poster is delusional. No knowledgeable fan or media person would make such a ridiculous claim. Davis may have been a disappointment to some, but anyone who thinks he has been a bust is totally clueless when it comes to football.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Just some comments:

Would Tennessee be a run first offense if they really had TWO #1 WRs? I mean Derick Henry is good, but is he two #1 WRs good?

Sayin Corey Davis plays better as a #2 facing single coverage, well, that would apply to ANY #1 WR, no?

Now that Crowder's contract is more in line he could be traded, say at the trade deadline? If Moore comes thru. What could we get for him?

K'OB mentioning Fitz throwing to Marshal, Decker brought back fond memories....I think they BOTH broke 1,000 yards that season. A 'what coulda been' season.

K'OB likes this.
  12. KingRoach

W - We’ll find out this year. They also have a new OC so that might make a difference.

S - Yes

N - Depends. Do any teams making a playoff push need a WR? Are the Steelers in the hunt? I’d have to assume a team in the hunt would take JuJu over Crowder. Edit: I’d assume 4th rd at best which is great Bc we currently only have 1 4th.

K - Before the season started, I’d mentioned to my gf at the time, I felt that final game would be a big game to see if the Jets would go to the playoffs. She surprised me at Christmas with tickets to the game. We stayed in the same hotel as Marshall (I saw him in the elevator). It ended up being a heartbreaking game but a nice trip

#172 KingRoach, Jun 16, 2021
    Footballgod214, NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yes, Derick Henry is that good. With that being said a team is built to win or play on a certain way. The Titans are all in on ground and pound so they ask their receivers to block first. Tannehill did not have a resurgence as much as they play into his skill set. The problem with building a team this way is that RB's age quickly and DH is now 27. His production can drop off of a cliff and then Tannehill will be exposed in a league that the rules promote passing. The Titans window is this year and next and then they will be looking for a new QB.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

WAIT.

I stopped reading, right there.

You would ask a 10-12 year old boy, if he would "SUCK A COCK"?

You're sick.

15. KingRoach

Maybe if you read more you’d be better informed and not come off as daft as you often do.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think they would still be a run-first offense. Henry is that good, plus Tannehill isn't that great a QB. I think their offense is the perfect offense for him, but I could be wrong.

Yes, any WR, #1 or otherwise, will have an easier time of it and play better if he's only facing single coverage vs double coverage.

Crowder could be traded, but I hope they won't. For one thing, I like him, and think he will help Zach, the young receivers, and our offense. Two, I don't think we'd get more than a 4th or 5th round pick unless a team was desperate. Three, I think it would be a bad optic, especially after Saleh's comments about how much Crowder could help our offense and how they're looking forward to working with him. Getting him to cut his salary and then dumping him would be a shit maneuver imo.

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Part of why Crowder wasn't tradable is that this late in the offseason a lot of teams don't have much cap space. Getting him to cut his contract makes him more tradable. Personally I'd rather trade him then release him, like they were indicating could happen if he didn't take a pay cut. Maybe this is the plan?

But I hope not. Crowder has been the one constant producer for us in largely terrible offenses. This is a guy that was able to establish chemistry with Sam friggin Darnold. That alone deserves credit. He would only help Zack improve as well. As far as I'm concerned he is still our top slot player until proven different. Crowder was the last person that deserved getting hard balled. Its not like he was renegotiating his contract. We just didn't want to pay him what we agreed to pay him.

18. KingRoach

I believe the trade scenario would only be applicable close to the trade deadline and to a team in the playoff hunt assuming we are not in the playoff hunt. In that case, Crowder would be going to the playoffs and I doubt he’d have an issue with that.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Your right and I think a lot of others pointed it out as well. Bust was the wrong word.

I'll concede that instead of using the phrase " top 5 bust", I should have said "top 5 disappointment".

#179 ouchy, Jun 16, 2021
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

You disputed DWC ever said he was 17th, even though it was in the post I quoted, and I did re-post it for you, followed by the caveat that next season it could drop lower. What are you frigging talking about? This is in line with our history the page before, where you went off on me over a post that wasn't even talking to you.

Why should I send you a link to his contract to prove he has no guaranteed money left? Is this your first day on the internet? Better yet, don't do any research, and then don't believe it. Its what makes you such a valuable poster. Just continue with emotion based rants.

#180 ouchy, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021