Jets and Crowder negotiations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jun 4, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'll disagree because 35 NFL years consisting of 0 career Playoff starts, a career losing record of 105-164 record (.390%) and a QB Rating of only 80.2 doesn't really, lie (despite 18 DIFFERENT teams).

Poor Robby Anderson.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yup, loved the Moss, Chrebet, Coles days...

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Crazy how Davis was pedestrian with Mariota throwing to him and pretty damn good with Tannehill throwing to him. Maybe having a good QB makes a difference?

Lon Chaney, REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I know your in another hyped up frenzy but Corey Davis is not worth what we paid him. We paid him #1 money even after 4 seasons showed he isn't a solid #1. This is a guy that was picked 5th overall, ahead of WRs like Smith-Shuster, Godwin, and Kenny Golladay. Tennessee overpaid him and roundly considered him a disappointment who wasn't worth the money they paid.

And again your twisting stats. For example:

Except over those 3 seasons he actually recorded 142 catches for 1876 yards and 6 TDs. That's 2 TDs a season. Is that "absolutely awesome"? Last year was his best season and that was because everyone was to worried about Chris Henrey and AJ Brown to be concerned about him. He had success as a lunch pail guy blending into the woodwork. Yet we brought him in to be the #1. Even if you think we didn't bring him here to be the #1, we still paid him like a #1.

I'm not sure what JD saw in him to make him think he was worth the money we paid, except for his blocking. Because 4 years of stats show he is not a solid #1.

#124 ouchy, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Bellys Lies likes this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Drafting AJ Brown to take over the #1 spot, allowing Davis to face softer coverage, was what made the difference.

6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Oh boy…
    1. You’re not your
    2. I’m not sure what frenzy you’re referring to but yes, people who use misleading information frustrate me so it’s possible.
    3. Your “after 4 seasons” quote completely ignores my point that Mariotta was throwing to him for 2.5 of those 4 seasons.
    4. You say I’m twisting stats but don’t reference said stats.
    5. You put “absolutely awesome” in quotes implying I called him “absolutely awesome” which I have not.
    6. You refuse to acknowledge we’ll be a run “first team” (run first teams don’t use 4 WR sets often) but you say JD signed him Bc of his blocking.

Your whole post confuses me so I suggest we backburner the Corey Davis debate until we see what he can do as a Jet.

If Davis does do well please don’t use the Ds having to worry about the electric Moore and our strong run game as an excuse to not give him his props.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

You've mistaken who I quoted in that post bro.

8. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Brook! and westiedog1 like this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Um. Where to start?

You're acting as if he's being paid as some type of top 5 WR $$$ or something?

2021 = 20th highest paid WR.
    2022 = 17th highest paid WR.
    2023 = 15th highest paid WR.

Average = 17th highest paid WR.

J.D landed us a steal (value and $ wise).

You do know that Tennessee ranked 31st, 31st and 30th in PASSING ATTEMPTS throughout his previous 3 years @ WR, right?

He was selected #5 overall because still to this day he's the only NCAA WR to have ever recorded 300+ Receptions for 5,000+ receiving yards and 50+ TD Receptions.

And it's pretty stupid (lazy) to compare his "stats" to the likes of Smith-Schuster, Godwin and Golladay when...

Pittsburgh has ranked...
    1st in passing attempts (2018).
    26th in passing attempts (2019).
    1st in passing attempts (2020.

Average = 9th in Passing Attempts.

Tampa Bay has ranked...
    4th in passing attempts (2018).
    4th in passing attempts (2019.
    6th in passing attempts (2020).

Average = 4th in Passing Attempts.

Detroit has ranked...
    13th in passing attempts (2018).
    17th in passing attempts (2019).
    13th in passing attempts (2020).

Average = 14th in Passing Attempts.

Vs (LOL)

Tennessee has ranked...
    31st in passing attempts (2018).
    31st in passing attempts (2019..
    30th in passing attempts (2020).

Average = 31st in Passing Attempts.

Please tell me you can comprehend the (drastic) difference?

I twisted, nothing (you're about to owe me an apology).

You're the one who twisted statistics in order to fit your Corey Davis agenda.

Because during his 2nd, 3rd and 4th years of 2018/2019/2020 he (clearly) recorded a combined 173 Receptions for 2,476 Receiving yards and 11 TD Receptions.

[​IMG]

(Ouch).

And please don't mention 'Kenny Golladay" to me as a Corey Davis slight. Because Kenny Golladay has played with a gun slinging Matthew Stafford and has also missed 17 games since coming into the league (missed 11 games just last year, alone)

but yet is still being paid as the 6th highest paid WR (2021), the 6th highest paid WR (2022), the 6th highest paid WR (2023), the 5th highest paid WR (2024) and LOL the #1 paid WR (2025).

But yet you feel like you can talk about "overpaid" WRs to us? Nope. You can't.

PS: Good luck with DANIEL JONES (LOL); Big difference in comparison to, Mathew Stafford!

#129 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    blackssmagic likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

And in regards to Corey Davis vs. "Chris Godwin"? lol.

Corey Davis (2020);
    65 Receptions for 984 receiving yards and 5 TD receptions with a 70.7% catch rate.

vs.

Chris Godwin (2020):
    65 Receptions for 840 receiving yards and 7 TD Receptions with a 77.4% catch rate.

The difference?

One WR had a game managing Ryan Tannehill who ranked 30th in Passing Attempts.

Vs.

The other WR who had the greatest QB of All-Time in Tom Brady who ranked 6th in Passing Attempts.

(So please spare me the whooping 2 game difference).

It's pretty hypocritical to point the finger @ Corey Davis for being surrounded by A.J Brown and Derrick Henry but yet ignore how Godwin was surrounded by the likes of Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette and TOM BRADY!

Put Corey Davis into that Buccaneers dream team all while Chris Godwin watched Derrick Henry run the football 328 times for 2,027 rushing yards and 17 Rushing TDs (2020) and I guarantee you that Corey Davis would've absolutely FEASTED!

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

But then you have the nerve to talk up Chris Godwin? All while Mike Evans has been TBs true #1 WR since the day Godwin was drafted?!?

(and I know this because I live down here in Tampa Bay, Florida (St. Petersburg) and don't really need these stats (below) to prove this point).

Mike Evans (previous 4 years):
    501 Targets.
    294 Receptions.
    4,688 Receiving yards.
    34 TD Receptions.
    (#1 WR facing #1 CBs and double teams).

Vs.

Chris Godwin (first 4 years):
    355 Targets.
    244 Receptions.
    3,540 Receiving yards.
    24 TD Receptions.
    (#2 WR facing softer coverages).

But yet you're talking up Chris Godwin as some type of #1 WR while slighting Corey Davis?

Why aren't you using your A.J Brown/Corey Davis example against Chris Godwin, because of Mike Evans?

Be real.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Who knows if it will work out or not, but the Jets 100% did not overspend for Corey Davis.

patleahy, cval, Lon Chaney and 2 others like this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly.

Joe Douglas stole Corey Davis and received excellent value in return ala...

Corey Davis:
    2021 = 20th highest paid WR.
    2022 = 17th highest paid WR.
    2023 = 15th highest paid WR.

Average = 17th highest paid WR.

Only a 3 year deal and he'll be off the books by the time he turns 30 (currently only 26).

You know who overpayed? The Giants.

Kenny Golladay:
    2021 = 6th highest paid WR.
    2022 = 6th highest paid WR.
    2023 = 6th highest paid WR.
    2024 = 5th highest paid WR.
    2025 = #1 highest paid WR..

Average = 4.8 highest paid WR.

And he'll be over 32 years old by the time his massive contact expires (turning 28 in November).

(and I fully expect him to bust alongside of DANIEL JONES, instead of Matthew Stafford).

He's being paid like a top 1-5 and there are at least 15 WRs who are better than him.

(In no specific order).

DeAndre Hopkins.
    Davante Adams.
    Tyreek Hill.
    Stefon Diggs.
    Odell Beckham Jr.
    Allen Robinson
    Julio Jones.
    D.K. Metcalf.
    A.J. Brown.
    Justin Jefferson.
    Michael Thomas.
    Mike Evans.
    Amari Cooper.
    Tyler Lockett.
    Jarvis Landry.

Heck. I'm probably even taking all 4 of Keenan Allen, Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin and Adam Thielen over "Kenny Golladay".

There is no way this guy deserves to be paid as a top 1-5 WR; that's nuts.

Dave Gettleman overpaid.
    Joe Douglas did not overpay.

blackssmagic likes this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

He did. I'm half-surprised.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's very little cap space out there at this point and not a lot of appetite to spend either. He made the right choice. That said if the deal is not guaranteed he still could get cut depending on how things look in camp.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

At least it is giving you something else to get your teeth into and worry about on a daily basis ;)

Noam likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think as the season progresses, it's going to become obvious that Elijah Moore is the clearcut #1 option, and a year from now both Davis and Mims will be benefiting from Moore drawing safeties in coverage.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hope I am wrong but Mims doesn’t give me confidence due to his injuries etc.

blackssmagic, REVISion and K'OB like this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Don't worry Brook! he's a hell of a talent and with Baylor he played in 37 consecutive games throughout his final 3 years without ever missing a game due to injury.

And as a rookie? He suffered an offseasonless hamstring injury but the good news? Once returning? He finished off the year with 9 consecutive games without an injury. That's awesome news heading into 2021.

PS: Sorry for jumping down your throat last year when you wanted to throw away Trevor Lawrence for a N.E Patriots win over N.E. You were the real fan (Adam Gase had me miserable when talking Jets); I'm so glad we won two games and drafted this Zach Wilson kid who knows who's better but he definitely loves the game of Football a whole lot more than Trevor Lawrence (this kid is a football junkie).

Brook! likes this.
  20. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Any news on the numbers yet?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk