Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 5, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you clearly don't know what smoked is. barely a step on a college DB who didn't make it into the NFL isn't special and don't over-rate 40 times. some play faster then their speed and some play slower.

Noam likes this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

break glassman hurt again already...

just cut him

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've been patiently waiting, but now after renegotiating Jamison Crowder's contract, there is one impact available player who I'm dreaming of JD signing...

Morgan Moses.
    • 6'6 / 330 lbs.

• 2014: 2nd pick of the 3rd round.

• 104 career NFL games played (97 starts).

I think he'd become the perfect RT for Zach Wilson while starting opposite of Mekhi Becton @ LT.

"During training camp of his second season in 2015, Moses won the starting right tackle job despite initial belief that new first round draft pick, Brandon Scherff, would win the job. Scherff instead became the starting RG".

That little paragraph (above) speaks volumes to me. To fight off Scherff for RT while moving him inside; is good enough for me.

Not even an elite pass rushing T.J. Watt could break that 330 pound hog.

An O-Line featuring a trio of Mekhi Becton (LT), Alijah Vera-Tucker (LG) and Morgan Moses (RT) could become as dominant as our days of featuring D'Brickishaw Ferguson (LT), Nick Mangold (C) and Damien Woody (RT).

Meaning that Zach Wilson would become A+ protected and Michael Carter will RUN WILD!

#143 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    blackssmagic likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I see Nick Mullens signed with the Eagles.

I seriously have to wonder WTF Joe Douglas is thinking!! If you try and go into a season with your roster having QBs that have taken a grand total of ZERO NFL snaps you need your head examined

has that even ever happened before in the league's history?

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there is still mini camp and such. they don't want to take away snaps from the younger players.

Fiftynine, KingRoach and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Losmeister

DWC is frontrunner for the unchecked preseason enthusiasm award!!

7. Losmeister

twas a very good unit...

but we couldnt get it in the EZ vs Pitts from the 1... :-(

(iirc, they werent that good at 3rd and 4th and short in general)

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not really a big deal.

How helpful were the likes of veteran's in Mark Brunell/Ryan Shitztragic/Josh McCown for the development and progression of Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith/Sam Darnold? Pretty much, nothingness.

The best backups are homegrown drafted ones where you can potentially develop throughout preseason games in order to recoup future draft picks.

Jimmy Garoppolo was a homegrown Patriots draft pick who later turned into a 2nd round pick for N.E (from San Francisco).

And Nick Foles was a homegrown Eagles draft pick who later on came off the bench and won them a SB.

Etc. Etc.

You QB coach and OC are way more important than having a mediocre JAG and career loser of a backup teaching your young QB (how to lose).

I was against the James Morgan pick because I wanted Sam Darnold to have Gabriel Davis from down here in Florida @ WR (UCF) but I'd much rather our coaching staff develop a younger Morgan as a backup while tapping into his untapped potential over yet another career losing and JAG Fitzpatrick/McCown type etc.

I'm actually super anxious to see how Morgan looks and performs come preseason.

Losmeister likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Feeling like I'm heading into 2009 all over again I haven't been this excited since Rex Ryan heading into 2009 in regards to the potential of this young team under coach Saleh.

I was getting laughed at and mocked following our 2008 season (where I won Sunshine homer of the year award on TGG lol) while heading into 2009 predicting top 5 Defense and playoffs. Now thinking back, it was me laughing all the way into back to back AFC Championship Game appearances.

With this soon to be 2021 Jets team? We're going to shock the AFC East.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. Losmeister

amen, DWC and me very alike on the career loser as mentor to QB myth
    10million for Josh MfuckingClown

rubbish

Saleh- I very much wanted him. I am usually not having a favorite or a target... but living in the North Bay Area... I LIKE Saleh... get a good vibe.

11. Losmeister

and I am not busting DWCs balls... its sorta infectious... but iam a pretty jaded motherfucker so I aint
    getting all hot n bothered...

cval likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why rush and have to overpay in a trade for Foles? He will be released by Chicago, and JD can sign him then.

What was Mullens going to add to the team? He's had a grand total of 16 starts in his NFL career, and his completion percentage in SF was only 54%. The only advantage of having him is that he knows the system already. Morgan is smart and will know the system. He's more accurate than Mullens, and it would be hard for him to be any worse. It's not like we have a team full of older vets. We could be starting as many as 7 rookies, plus 2-3 1st year players, plus several other players under 24-25. This is the year to let the youngsters play and develop, and see who can help us going forward.

#152 NCJetsfan, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

I want no part of Nick Foles NC.

I don't want our rookie QB having to look over his shoulder with Super Bowl MVP in the back of his mind because the moment Zach Wilson begins to struggle the NY media will begin to scream for Foles. I don't want that pressure on the kid.

I much rather watch James Morgan in preseason and find out the real reason why JD selected him in the 4th round.

Plus dating back to his SB Playoffs run he's been pretty mediocre ever since.

Look at all the elite Franchise QBs. None of them have great Veteran backups ...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Losmeister

also, Foles?

i'll Fart in ziploc and send it to him USPS

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand that, but I don't think that Zach would be looking over his shoulder. He is the Jets' starting QB and QB of the future. It will be made clear to Foles that he's here as Zach's backup and will only see the field if Zach gets injured. I don't really want him either, but he's the only realistic backup at the moment that they could sign that would help the team at all.

I prefer waiting until at least halfway thru TC for the Jets to make a move. I don't want them burning draft capital to add him. It would be one thing if Chicago releases him to sign him as a FA, and quite another to trade for him. I think Chicago will cut him following TC. The only reason I would be interested in adding Foles is if Morgan and White show beyond a shadow of a doubt in TC that they just aren't up to it and would drag the rest of the team down kind of like Falk did last year. I'd much rather go through the season with Zach, Morgan and White, but will trust whatever JD decides to do.

16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

To be fair Woody wasn’t on the 2010 team that lost in Pittsburgh ... that was Wayne Hunter who literally cost them the game.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seems like they're set on starting the rookie, so the quality of backup you get probably doesn't matter a whole lot at this point in a rebuild. The Jets aren't making the playoffs barring some really rare rookie breakouts all on the same team.

Backups usually shake loose late in the offseason when cutdowns start happening, same with kickers. The Jets can probably find one then or trade a late rounder for one to avoid having to bid.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I believe JD is playing this exactly how he wants to. I vote for Foles here as an insurance policy not as threat to Zach (seriously?) JD will wait the price out lower, lower, lower... Not sure why Captain Morgan was drafted as high as he was, but he's in no way ready to start games for us should Zach stub his toe or kiss the wrong girl (hey, it happens apparently).

19. LogeSection2RowJ

And another thing: For all of us who have watched this team for decades, the back-up QB has been a Jets scourge SO many times that it is obviously something to be taken seriously. Early 70's Jets sucked. Why? We had a bunch of crap on the bench backing up Namath. It was so stupid. Namath was the most fragile QB in football, yet it was the Raiders who had QB depth at all times. We got it right a couple times with Matt Robinson and Todd, and shortly after that with O'Brien and Pat Ryan. Even in those two cases it wasn't that the Jets went out and got a good back-up, it was more like being lucky that the back-ups came in and played decently. Oh, I forgot one. Who else here was at the "Glenn Foley Game"? An epic, somewhat forgotten Jets back-up QB moment.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. LogeSection2RowJ

And another thing: Rick F*cking Mirer

mrjet80 and NCJetsfan like this.