Jets and Crowder negotiations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jun 4, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Would you hate it if we had the second coming of Jerry Rice or Calvin Johnson (Megatron) on our roster?

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly!

Dating back to 2012 only Stephen Hill (2012) and Devin Smith (2015) have been drafted within the first two rounds.

But yet JD just went and attacked WR x2 during his first ever NFL drafts with Denzel Mims (2020) and Elijah Moore (2021) throughout the 2nd round!

And Corey Davis as a FA addition is a former 5th overall draft pick.

This. Is. Awesome!

(He's also focused on and attacked O-Line during back to back drafts in Becton/Vera-Tucker with 2 1st round picks; and we haven't had a GM draft 1st round O-Lineman since dating back to 2006 in Ferguson/Mangold)!

NYGANGGREEN and LAJet like this.
  3. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I don't think people realize the offense he was in didn't allow for him to be a true number 1, but the numbers he did put up while still in a heavy run offense and not being the main WR targeted showed he could handle that workload if given. I don't see how that's not clear but I agree with you hes overall a better Wr than Crowder to me and I like Crowder a lot. Davis has better hands and makes tough catches while providing amazing blocking. But this is what some fans wanted us to basically pay Robby I only ran straight Anderson last year. I'm so glad JD didn't and seem to have a plan moving forward, I love our Wr room now and Davis fits our offense much better.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep, mark my words. WR corps will be fun to watch this year. Pick your poison as to who they want to double cover in this offense. I have high hopes Moore might well become a center piece within the WR group with a good chance to be in the running for OROTY if he stays healthy. Cant wait.

#104 LAJet, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thnx you Joe Douglas!
    [​IMG]

Corey Davis.
    Denzel Mims.
    Elijah Moore.
    Jamison Crowder.

This is the deepest WR room that I've ever witnessed throughout my generation of being a Jets fan.

1998 we had Keyshawn Johnson and Wayne Chrebet followed by absolute crap @ WR 3 & 4 (bust Dedric Ward/Van Dyke).

2002 we had Coles, Chrebet and Santana Moss (got I wish we would've kept that core together) with absolute crap @ WR 4 (Kevin Swayne ala 5 catches).

2006 we had Coles and an emerging Jerricho Cotchery followed by absolute dog crap @ WR 3 & 4 (Justin McCareins and Tim Dwight lol).

2010 we featured Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery with absolute crap @ WR 4 (wildcat Brad Smith ala 4 catches).

2015 we had Marshall/Decker but nothing @ WR 3 & 4 (Enunwa was an unknown at the time, Devin Smith torn ACL and Stuckey did nothing).

And ever since then it feels like we've been stuck in WR purgatory; until now.

They've still gotta prove it on the field (Mims/Elijah) but as of right now I'm A+ sky high on our top 4 WRs in Corey Davis/Denzel Mims/Elijah Moore/Jamison Crowder!

PS: I can't remember the last time we featured a #5 WR with as much NFL production as Keelan Cole.

This WR room is now fully loaded; which is why I would've been heartbroken if Jamison Crowder left us in the dust.

Jets79 likes this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

LMAO

I just think too much emphasis is placed on having that “#1” receiver (god I want to vomit) rather than focusing on having a well rounded WR group. Don’t get me wrong, it would be great to have a guy like Hopkins or Adams that defenses have to double team, but if you have 3-4 rock solid guys, defenses aren’t going to be able to cover everyone.

FJF and K'OB like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IDK it's gonna be tough for sure. davis, mims, and moore are likely 1-3 for 2022. cole is a FA as is crowder. IDK if crowder will want to stick around as a WR4 when he can be a starting WR3 on many teams and get paid more. and I don't think the jets will want to pay him much either and have him take snaps from moore.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Oh I loathe the very idea.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thnx you Joe Douglas
    I absolutely loved Robby Anderson (hated his QBs as a JET) and the likes of Toon/Walker were right before my time so my top 5 favorite (homegrown) Jets WRs (in terms of excitement) have been Keyshawn Johnson, Wayne Chrebet, Laveranues Coles, Santana Moss and yes, Robby Anderson (with Jerricho Cotchery getting my honorable mention).

And it was awesome for me to see Robby Anderson kill the NFL as a route runner last year because I always knew he had an overall game to his repertoire (just never had the QBs to find him wide freaking open).

I was pissed at Joe Douglas for letting him walk.

With that said? The ways JD has responded after his Anderson blunder is A+ and he's been a man of his word because week 7 of last year he admitted to making a mistake of not knowing Robby's FA market value and he promised us that he was going to fix it.

JD didn't lie.

Since letting Anderson walk?

• Denzel Mims (2nd round).
    • Corey Davis (FA, former 5th overall).
    • Elijah Moore (2nd round).
    • Jamison Crowder (renegotiated contract).

Throughout only two off-season's? That's an A+ (imo) and adding Michael Carter @ RB (4th round) who was an outstanding pass catcher @ UNC out of the backfield is his sleeper pick.

I'm so pumped up right now.

Jets_Grinch and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

He wasnt worth the contract based off his previous production hope he lives up to it but its only been one year.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well said.

I wouldn't mind watching Jamison Crowder walk come the offseason and that's only because we've got 4 draft picks within the 1st two rounds and like 2020/2021 this upcoming 2022 WR draft class already looks to be fully loaded and if Jamison Crowder does indeed walk? There is no doubt in my mind that JD will attack WR within the first two rounds, for the 3rd consecutive year in a row; in order to add to our WR core of Davis/Mims/Elijah (with either Cole or Braxton Berrios as our #5 WR).

But I would've been disheartened if Zach Wilson lost an awesome slot for his 2021 Rookie campaign. It would've became a potential disaster (with an injury to one of Davis, Mims and/or Elijah).

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. He was.

Despite crap QBs (Fitz, McCown, Sam ala 0 career playoff starts combined) he still had years of 587 receiving yards (Rookie), 752 Receiving yards, 779 Receiving yards and 941 Receiving yards (throughout his only 4 years as a JET).

Believe it or not but Robby Anderson actually ranks All-Time (amongst Jet WRs) 14th in Receiving Yards (3,059), 14th in TD Receptions (20) and 19th in Receptions (207) and his long of 92 yards ranks #2 (only behind Wesley Walker).

And that's despite ranking 62nd in games played!

In short, Robby Anderson was on pace and on the verge of ranking top 5 All-Time amongst Jets WRs in receptions, receiving yards and TD Receptions by the time he even turned 30 years of age!

And only 1 season, yes, but alongside of a not so good and just a weak armed game managing QB in Teddy Bridgewater he still exploded for 95 Receptions for 1,095 Receiving yards with an insane 70% catch rate (proving me right all along) and if ever blessed with a strong armed QB such as an Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Russell Wilson etc he's easily an All-Pro and one of the most talented WRs within the game today.

With all of that said I couldn't care less about Robby Anderson because the ways JD has addressed and ATTACKED our WR core (dating back to Robby's departure) has made me forget all about him.

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It would seem after all those stats you didn't forget much about him really :rolleyes:

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

good bit of business. JC is a solid slot WR

patleahy likes this.
  15. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I would settle for the second coming of Al Toon or Wesley Walker....:(o_O

Noam likes this.
  16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You mean Devonta Smith?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Keyshawn Johnson (Corey Davis).
    Laveranues Coles (Denzel Mims).
    Santana Moss (Elijah Moore).
    Wayne Chrebet (Jamison Crowder).
    Jerricho Cotchery (Keelan Cole).

It's happening.

(Of course I'm just being sarcastic and having fun).

This WR core from top to bottom (1-5) is as deep as it's, ever been (being serious this time).

Jets_Grinch and patleahy like this.
  18. bicketybam

Why would you use career playoff starts as a measure of the QB?

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Um. Simple.

Because...

Josh McCown has been in the league for 17 years with 0 career Playoff starts (9 different teams).

Ryan Shitztragic has been in the league
    for 16 years with 0 career Playoff starts (8 different teams).

Sam Darnold has (only) been in the league for 3 years with 0 career Playoff starts (now, 2nd team).

I'm sorry. But Robby Anderson's Jets QB's were absolute career losers (but yet Jets fans nitpicked his productive statistical production).

Combined? lol.

35 years in the league with 0 Playoff starts.

Would you rather me have mentioned their career losing records and/or below mediocre QB Ratings?

Because I could've done that, too.

Ryan Shitztragic = Career losing record of 59-86 (27 games below .500).

Josh McCown = Career losing record of 23-53 (30 games below .500).

Sam Darnold = Career losing record of 13-25 (12 games below .500).

Combined career losing record(s) of 105-164 (59 games below .500 @ only (.390%).

Sam Darnold = Career QB Rating of only 78.6.

Josh McCown = Career QB Rating of only 79.7.

Ryan Shitztragic = Career QB Rating of only 82.3.

Combined mediocre QB Rating of only 80.2.

Combined? 35 years with 0 Playoff starts, 105-164 career losing record (.390%) and a QB Rating of only 80.2.

But. But. But....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But yet Jets fans nitpicked Robby Anderson's "statistics" while ignoring his absolute trash QBs?

[​IMG]

There's not a single Jets fan (walking the face of this earth) who can actually beat me in a Robby Anderson debate (with statistical facts of knowledge, insight and perspective).

#119 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  20. bicketybam

Yes. I would have. Playoff starts means they were on shitty teams. Sure they contributed to it but it's not a good barometer. Carry on.