Who was the Worst Coach in NY Jets history?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by patleahy, May 20, 2021.

?

Worst coach in Jets history

1. Richie Kotite

20 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Adam Gase

30 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Barely better than Gase? Ok.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. Without Tom Brady, he's barely better than Adam Gase.

Belichick without Tom Brady = .456% (Adam Gase = .400%).

Hard to imagine/believe; but it's true.

Bill Belichick has coached 8 years without Tom Brady and has only had 2 winning seasons compared to 6 (below .500) losing seasons; he STINKS!

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You don't think that all of the Pats' defensive players who missed last season had anything to do with the Pats' record last season?

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's just an excuse because all teams battle injuries in Football.

The reality of it all is that without Tom Brady, Bill Belichick is a career loser with a losing record of 61-72 without Tom Brady (.458%).

Bill Belichick has completely failed to make the playoffs throughout all 3 years in N.E without Brady (x3).

Throughout 8 years of NFL Head Coaching (without Tom Brady) Bill Belichick only has 2 winning seasons in comparison to 6 below .500 losing year (and 2-6 is, mediocre).

He's been nothing but a mediocre HC (without Tom Brady).

Kosar (11-18),
    Philcox (2-3),
    Tomczak (4-4),
    Vinny (16-15),
    Rypien (2-1),
    Zeier (1-3),
    Bledsoe (5-13),
    Cassel (10-5),
    Garoppolo (2-0),
    Brissett (1-1).
    Newton (7-8).
    Hoyer (0-1).

That's absolutely, mediocre.

(especially in comparison to Andy Reid who's been able to win with and has won regardless of which QB(s) he's coached).

And if you don't believe/think that Bill Belichick completely missing the playoffs last year (with yet, another losing season) all while Tom Brady wins a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay during his 1st year without Bill Belichick didn't and doesn't expose Bill Belichick as a fraud? Well then to each our own because I really don't know what else to say.

Bill Belichick = Can not win without Tom Brady (61-72 losing record throughout 8 years, doesn't lie).

Tom Brady = Never needed Bill Belichick (the fraud) and winning a SB during his first year after escaping Bill Belichick, doesn't lie.

It was never Bill Belichick.
    It was ALWAYS Tom Brady.

Heck. Not only did Tom Brady just lead TB to their first playoff appearance in 13 years but he also won them their 1st SB dating back to damn near 20 years ago (2002).

#184 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

This was a conversation I had with a great friend of mine over Facebook heading into 2020. He was a depressed Buccaneers fan @ the time and thought Tom Brady was too old. I had to cheer him up. Because I just knew 100% that Tom Brady was going to win it all for his favorite team.

(Screen shots).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My only regret was not dropping $5,000 on TB12 to win SB for TB in order to recover $65,000 in return, because instead I only dropped $100 (got them @ +1200 odds) and only got back $1,300. Yes. I was pissed at myself because deep down inside I knew 100% Brady can't be stopped.

My confidence in Bill Belichick? Dog crap.
    My confidence in Tom Brady? Thru the roof.

I never hated Brady. I respected him. And feared him (as I once did MJ23).

I always hated Bill Belichick. I despised him. Because I always knew he was a fraud and always knew Brady could win without him (watching greatness from the sidelines).

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk

6. NCJetsfan

I disagree. You taken away several key starters from any team's defense and the team's play is going to suffer. Take away Q. Williams, Mosely, and Lawson from the Jets this season, and you don't think it would have a negative impact upon the defense's play and team's record? If not, then you're not being realistic.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Dude. He's a career losing 61-72 (.458%) throughout 8 full NFL seasons (without Brady).

Yes. He's a career loser and very mediocre without #12.

He's so mediocre to the point that I was able to predict A.) N.E to have a losing season last year and B.) Tom Brady to win it all with Tampa Bay last year.

Tom Brady just won a SB during his first ever season after escaping the fraud and he's probably going to win it all again this year.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Tom Brady (2020):
    Regular Season:
    11-5.
    401/610 (65.7%).
    4,633 passing yards.
    40 TDs/12 INTs.
    QB Rating of 102.2.

Playoffs/Super Bowl:
    4-0 (average of 31 points per game).
    81/138 (58.6%).
    1,061 passing yards.
    10 TD/3 INTs.
    QB Rating of 98.1.

Super Bowl MVP:
    21/29 (72.4%).
    201 passing yards.
    3 TDs/0 INTs.
    QB Rating of 125.8!

It was NEVER "Bill Belichick".
    It was ALWAYS Tom Brady.

mrjet80 likes this.
  9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Ill tell you what you’re like a pit bull in this thread....: you have a thesis and you’re sticking to it. I like that.....and I hate Belichick too....

10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Lol

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's because no one can ever convince me that Bill Belichick isn't a mediocre head coach.

Because having a career losing record without Tom Brady of 61-72 (.456%) doesn't lie.

And neither does...

Kosar (11-18),
    Philcox (2-3),
    Tomczak (4-4),
    Vinny (16-15),
    Rypien (2-1),
    Zeier (1-3),
    Bledsoe (5-13),
    Cassel (10-5),
    Garoppolo (2-0),
    Brissett (1-1).
    Newton (7-8).
    Hoyer (0-1).

That's the definition of mediocre.

You know what's mediocre? Coaching for 8 years with only two winning seasons in comparison to 6 below .500 losing seasons (without Brady).

You know who isn't mediocre but absolute pure greatness? Tom Brady. And winning a SB (MVP) during his FIRST YEAR away from Bill Belichick, doesn't lie.

Bill is an absolute FRAUD and he's also the only coach to (ever) lose 2 1st round picks due to cheating and deserves asterisks ****** just like Barry Bonds ******

PS: He also inherited a legendary N.E Defense that was created and built by Bill Parcells (during his early years with N.E).

He was never no damn "defensive guru".

Tom Brady = Greatness.
    Bill Belichick = Mediocre (FRAUD).

mrjet80 likes this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

There’s definitely a case to be made .... and you’re right about Bonds!

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

true but you don't agree to take over a team and then back out in the way he did and go to a division rival.

cval likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree. There are few "don'ts", and this certainly isn't one of them. All coaches are professionals. They don't have allegiances to a team unless they get hired and stay there for a long time or they grew up a fan of that team and it was a dream come true to get hired by that team. Even then, if things don't work out, they take the next opportunity that comes along. They don't pass it uip becaue it's a division rival. That's ridiculous. Belichick owed the Jets nothing. He was DC under Parcells for a cup of coffee. He agreed to take over when Hess was still alive. Hess died and that changed everything. He met with Woody Johnson and quickly saw what a doofus he was. He didn't want to have to work under Parcells any more. He had a great opportunity to go to NE and call the shots, and he took it. End of story.

If he didn't feel good about working with Woody Johnson and thought the situation too unstable/unpredictable and/or was fed up with Parcells, no one can blame him for changing his mind.

The reason for hating Belichick is because he is a cheater, the officials gave him most calls, and he won a lot, NOT because he didn't remain HC of the Jets, and then went to work for the Pats.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he had a contract. coaches contracts are fully guaranteed. and coaches never get out of them unless they retire. It wasn't like his contract was up and he was a "free agent" and it was a verbal agreement. He weaseled his way out of his contract in a still to this day unprecedented situation where the commissioner had to step in and work out a deal with the jets and pats where they gave us a 1st round picks and some exchanging of other later round picks to let him out of his contract. On top of that, hess died in 1999 before the season and parcells coached the 99 season with billichick and had the arrangement he would retire and take the GM job after that year and billichick would take over as the HC. then he illegally went behind the jets and parcells back and struck a deal with NE and the day he was to be announced as HC he quit on a napkin. There is no excuse for what he did. al groh took over for that 1 season in 2000 before he went on to coach college after that. it was a royal screw job all around. Yes after that in 01 we could have hired competent GMs and coaches over the next 20 years and we didn't. I'm not going to blame him for that. but he was by and far the worst head coach for us due to what he did

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well said GAC and you're definitely 100% accurate in regards to how the situation unfolded but as a Jets fan I couldn't care less how and/or why Belichick left us before ever coaching us because I know 100% he wouldn't have won anything for us.

It would've just been more mediocrity out of Belichick for our QBs such as...

Kosar (11-18),
    Philcox (2-3),
    Tomczak (4-4),
    Vinny (16-15),
    Rypien (2-1),
    Zeier (1-3),
    Bledsoe (5-13),
    Cassel (10-5),
    Garoppolo (2-0),
    Brissett (1-1).
    Newton (7-8).
    Hoyer (0-1).

Etc.

At the end of the day he's a career loser with a 61-72 overall record without Tom Brady and has coached 8 NFL seasons without Brady but yet has 6 losing below .500 seasons without him.

And he would've never drafted us Tom Brady because if so, he doesn't allow N.E's front office to pass on Tom Brady not once not twice, not three times, not four times, not five times but six freaking times (Brady was their 7th draft pick that year).

He lucked into Tom Brady with no skill (whatsoever) involved and ran to N.E because the likes of a Bill Parcells created and built Defense was already in place featuring the likes of Willie McGinest (1994), Ted Johnson (1995), Tedy Bruschi (1996), Lawyer Milloy (1996) and Ty Law (1995) already in place (thnx to the big Tuna) heck even FG Kicker (who saved his ass) in Adam Vinatieri (1996) was already there.

He's no"defensive guru" either and never built that dominant N.E Defense; he simply ran to it like a coward and the FRAUD that he's always been.

And he STILL went 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe @ QB in 2000 (with a fully loaded and stacked Parcells led Defense). Started off 0-2 in 2001, too (and then Tom Brady saved his fraud career).

Fk him man. He would've never won ANYTHING with the Jets.

Ton Brady winning a SB (MVP) during his FIRST YEAR AWAY FROM THE FRAUD is just too funny for me.

P.S: He only went 16-15 with a prime Vinny in Cleveland including a 2nd round EXIT (3-3, 9-4 and 4-8 lol) do you really think he would've won jack squat with a washed up Vinny post ACL? Nope. He wouldn't have....

#196 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021