NYJ drafted us 3 of the most explosive (and productive) players coming out in Wilson/Elijah/Carter.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 8, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

O.k. Deal. It's a bet.

P.S: DeVonta Smith hasn't shown he can play all 3 positions equally well because he's now in the NFL and can you list me 5 #1 WR's on the outside who's only weighed 168 lbs? I can't (even Robby Anderson weighs 190lbs).

Smith is listed as Philadelphia's slot receiver on their depth chart (because it's physically impossible to play outside WR in today's NFL as a stick figure @ only 168lbs).

QB: Mac Jones (1st Round).

RB: Najee Harris (1st Round).

WR: Jaylen Waddle (1st Round).

WR: John Metchie III (2022 guaranteed 1st Round pick).

LT: Alex Leatherwood (1st Round).

C: Landon Dickerson (1st Round).

LG: Deonte Brown (6th Round).

RT: Evan Neal (GUARANTEED 2022 1st Round draft pick).

Are you kidding me? Get real man.

De'Vonta Smith @ 168lbs was hidden behind an NFL Offense in College.

It's easy to run routes and streak wide open when opposing NCAA defenses and secondaries are overwhelmed and don't know which future NFL 1st rounder to account for etc.

If you had put De'Vonta Smith on Ole Mississippi's Offense last year? Where he wasn't surrounded by 8 other future NFL players? And only played 8 games? There is 0.00% chance (physically impossible) that DeVonta Smith would've (or could've) still ranked #2 in the Country in both Receptions and Receiving yards.

What Elijah Moore did last year, to rank #2 in both Receptions and Receiving yards as (by far) Ole' Mississippi's only true Offensive Playmaking X-Factor was absolutely incredible (and WAY more impressive than De'Vonta Smith's season who was hidden/disguised behind 8 other NFL players against overwhelmed college Defenses).

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

You do know that De'Vonta Smith is Philadelphia Eagles SLOT RECEIVER, right?

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Get real man.

Berrios was drafted in the 6th round @ 210th overall.

Elijah Moore was drafted 34th overall.

If you can't comprehend the difference in regards to how our coaching staff plans on uses Elijah in comparison to "Berrios" well then that's a personal problem.

This is a horrible take.

"If they did he would've gone in the 1st round".

Bruh. Elijah Moore was just drafted with the 2nd overall pick of the 2nd round (34th overall) and somehow you're nitpicking how he's "not" a 1st round WR? O.k. Cool.

Elijah Moore = 2nd round (34th overall).
    A.J Brown = 2nd round (51st overall).
    D.K. Metcalf = 2nd round (64th overall).

Do you see a trend here? All Ole' Miss product's and unfortunately since these kids didn't play for ALABAMA they are often, slept on.

According to your logic Elijah Moore will become better than both Brown and Metcalf due to 34th overall vs. 51st and 64th...

Are you now telling me that Seattle and Tennessee didn't draft Metcalf/Brown to become their #1 WR's all because of "2nd round bust" status? Nonsense.

These WRs (below) are just a few of my favorite WRs with Pro Bowl and/or All-Pro accolades; despite being drafted in the 2nd round (dating back to 2000)...

Chad Ochocinco Johnson (2nd round).
    Anquan Boldin (2nd round).
    Vincent Jackson (2nd round).
    Greg Jennings (2nd round).
    Steve Smith (2nd round).
    Jordy Nelson (2nd round).
    Randall Cobb (2nd round).
    Alshon Jeffrey (2nd round).
    Davante Adams (2nd round).
    Allen Robinson (2nd round).
    Jarvis Landry (2nd round).
    Michael Thomas (2nd round).
    JuJu Smith-Schuster (2nd round).
    D.J. Chark (2nd round).
    Courtland Sutton (2nd round).
    D.K Metcalf (2nd round).
    A.J Brown (2nd round).

Etc. Etc.

And hopefully (all of a sudden) you suddenly realize (take note) just how flawed your viewpoint of Elijah Moore not having #1 WR potential due to being drafted 2 picks into the 2nd round.

And PS: Until you can name and list me 5 (current) NFL #1 WR's who are either 168lbs or below?

I don't believe you should be allowed to claim De'Vonta Smith as having anything more than just Slot Receiver potential...

#103 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Mogriffjr likes this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...d-week-1-starters-heading-into-training-camp/

"The most intriguing competition will come at running back and wide receiver -- two roster battles that will take all of the preseason to be decided. Smith is the No. 1 wide receiver, and 2020 first-round draft pick, Jalen Reagor will be lined up primarily in the slot."

Smith is the projected #1 and Z wideout.
    Fulgham and Hightower will battle it out for X.
    And Reagor is the projected slot (Y) receiver.

I can only list one - Devonta Smith.

#104 ouchy, Jun 11, 2021
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I won't believe it, until I see it.

You still haven't been able to provide me with a list of 5 current #1 WRs who weigh 168lbs or less....

But yeah I guess there is a first for everything; although history completely says otherwise.

I personally believe if lined up on the outside @ 168lbs-170lbs (soaken wet) that he'll become physically manhandled by outside CBs and won't last very long in this league...

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

@ouchy not trying to troll you man, just trying to see where your mindset is @.

Elijah Moore = 2nd round (34th overall).
    A.J Brown = 2nd round (51st overall).
    D.K. Metcalf = 2nd round (64th overall).

So you're pretty much telling us that Elijah Moore has more #1 WR potential than A.J Brown and D.K Metcalf due to draft status, right?

Because they were both drafted well after Elijah Moore (same school, too).

Also...

Chad Ochocinco Johnson (2nd round).
    Anquan Boldin (2nd round).
    Vincent Jackson (2nd round).
    Greg Jennings (2nd round).
    Steve Smith (2nd round).
    Jordy Nelson (2nd round).
    Randall Cobb (2nd round).
    Alshon Jeffrey (2nd round).
    Davante Adams (2nd round).
    Allen Robinson (2nd round).
    Jarvis Landry (2nd round).
    Michael Thomas (2nd round).
    JuJu Smith-Schuster (2nd round).
    D.J. Chark (2nd round).
    Courtland Sutton (2nd round).
    D.K Metcalf (2nd round).
    A.J Brown (2nd round).

And Elijah Moore was drafted ahead of all these guys (draft position wise) in the 2nd round...

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That is understandable. Your not alone in that. One of the things everyone is waiting to see this season is if Smith can be a true #1. In fact, this draft was loaded with promising blue chip QBs and receivers and I cant wait to see how they all pan out. Its going to be an interesting season.

#107 ouchy, Jun 11, 2021
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

True, true. Can't wait.

PS: let's cancel that stupid "crow" bet.

I don't want you to have to root for DeVonta just to be right, I want Elijah to capture your Jets heart.

PJ4Ever and ouchy like this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I said if Moore was projected to be a #1 WR, or even a strong X receiver, he would have gone in the 1st round. This is why guys like Toney and Batemen went ahead of him. He was viewed as primarily a slot player. It does not mean Moore cant become a great player or become an outside guy.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If you want but the bet wont make me root against Moore. Even during tank seasons I cant root against the Jets.

The bet was win/win for me. If I win, I'm right. If I lose it means we got a heck of a WR and I'd be happy to eat crow.

But if you want to cancel it I don't blame you. The odds are against you.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ok. Fk it. I'm a competitive person so bet is BACK ON!

(I officially bookmarked this thread and put a sticky note in my wallet that says "DWC vs Ouchy: Moore vs. Smith").

ouchy likes this.
  12. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

I think like Mims , Moore is a 2 receiver. We need a big dog . We have the worst group of w/os in the AFC east . Maybe we could rank above the Pats

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

I don't believe that...

Corey Davis.
    Denzel Mims.
    Elijah Moore.
    Jamison Crowder.
    Keelan Cole.

Rank as the worst WR group within the AFC East...

Especially talent wise they don't.

And most improved, without question.

Noam, Mogriffjr and PJ4Ever like this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

@ouchy

Man. Please fast forward to 19:50 and watch and listen to the ways Connor Hughes absolutely RAVES about Elijah Moore (x, y & z); you're really going to enjoy his breakdown of Elijah it's an awesome one about 15 minute's of pure Elijah Moore talk.

@ 19:50 his Elijah segment begins...

ouchy likes this.
  15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I guess you must have gotten banned on Jetnation again.

Actually TampaBayJetsFan85 won "The Sunshiner Award" but you also don't realize the award is not meant as a compliment. Some quotes from that thread.

"RobA is just coasting through on past shinyness. He's far less absurd these days."
    "I voted NYJ2k09. Seems like RobA has come to his senses as ScotsJet put it."
    "haha, funny how no one wants the award."
    "And agreed, I'd actually feel somewhat ashamed to wear it this year. Wear it proudly TBJF."

Jets81 and FJF like this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nope, not banned.

You forgot to mention this part from RobA...

"TBJF was easily the most optimistic poster this year, guy made a new thread every week before the game to get everyone pumped up and talk about how we were going to win. I'm actually surprised my run lasted this long (I don't think I deserved this award passed 2005)"

I actually loved the award in 2008 because the following two seasons of 2009-2010 our Jets made back to back AFC Championship Game appearances (all while I knew 100% we were on the verge of featuring an awesome team).

Edit: He's just not, worth it.

#116 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You brought up the award Corky, I responded to it. And as I stated it was TampaBayJetsFan85 that won it, one of your 7-8 different identities on this board. Having more than 1 account is against the rules here, not sure what 7 accounts does.

I have no doubt you'll crash and burn again soon but go ahead and call for daddy and tell him you are being picked on.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Back to the topic of discussion.

Zach Wilson, Elijah Moore and Michael Carter (3 of the most explosive/productive players coming out).

• Their 2 best NCAA games of All-Time (statistically speaking wise);

Zach Wilson vs. Western Michigan.

18/18 (100%), 317 passing yards, 4 TDs/0 INTs; QB Rating of 321.3.

Zach Wilson vs. UCF.

26/34 (76.5%), 425 passing yards, 3 TDs/0 INTs; QB Rating of 210.6 (along with 5 rushes for 12 rushing yards and 2 Rushing TDs).

Elijah Moore vs. Vanderbilt.

14 Receptions for 238 Receiving yards and 3 TD Receptions.

Elijah Moore vs. South Carolina.

13 Receptions for 225 Receiving yards and 2 TD Receptions.

(but since I couldn't find his S.C tape, I'll go with this game)...

Elijah Moore vs. Florida Gators.

10 Receptions for 227 Receiving yards.

Michael Carter vs. Miami Hurricanes.

24 Rushing Attempts for 308 Rushing Yards (12.8 yards per carry) along with 2 Rushing TDs.

Michael Carter vs. Virginia Tech.

17 Rushing Attempts for 214 Rushing Yards (12.6 yards per pop) along with 2 Rushing TDs.

https://youtu.be/EDbpOgzeDVg

Jets Fans of TGG: Which one of these videos/game film (above) did you all enjoy and like the most?

For me it was Zach Wilson's perfect 18/18 bowl game, because every pass had the feelings of an MLB pitcher going for a perfect game of a no hitter.

#118 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

generous

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Funny how he starts posting again right at the beginning of the slow season for the NFL.