Hamsah Nasirildeen: 2021's (Defensive) Steal of the Draft;

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 10, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

[​IMG]

Hamsah Nasirildeen.
    6'4 / 215 lbs.
    FSU (Safety).

[​IMG]

As an FSU fan I still can not believe we drafted this kid during the 6th round, because before his ACL injury; he was a guaranteed 1st round draft pick (and an absolute steal).

If there was ever an NCAA kid to take a gamble on with a leap of faith, it was this kid right here.

I remember immediately screaming the name of 'Hamsah Nasirildeen' the very moment we traded away Jamal Adams (as #33's future replacement).

Why?

Because in terms of overall excitement level (before coming out) he's one of my favorite FSU DBs of All-Time and (to me) ranks right up there alongside the likes of...

Xavier Rhodes (1st round).
    Jalen Ramsey (1st round).
    Derwin James (1st round).
    Antonio Cromartie (1st round).
    Patrick Robinson (1st round).
    Asante Samuel Jr. (2nd round).
    Bryant McFadden (2nd round).
    Lamarcus Joyner (2nd round, now a JET!).

This is the type of player and FSU talent we're receiving (and he's going to capture the hearts of TGG faithful).

#21 Primetime Deion Sanders was before my time (as an FSU fan) but imo FSU is the real Defensive Backfield University.

And we've got ourselves a future great one in Nas (as I like to call him as a Queens native).

During his monster season of 2019 he played with super versatility all over our Defense ala...

• Free safety: 42.3%.
    • Strong safety: 21.2%.
    • Slot cornerback: 17.7%.
    • Inside linebacker: 12.8%.
    • Outside linebacker: 5.3%
    • Outside cornerback: 0.7%.

As of right now he's listed as our OLB but by off-season's end (throughout training camp and preseason) I truly believe that he'll become our starting SS alongside of Marcus Maye @ FS while playing all over the field (as #33 once did for us); because not only is he an absolute freak of nature of a tackling machine but he's also really good in pass coverage.

Just how much of a tackling machine was he while @ FSU?

Hamsah Nasirildeen:
    35 Games.
    233 combined tackles.
    139 solo tackles.
    4 tackles for loss.
    3 forced fumbles.
    1.0 sacks.
    (1 Defensive TD).

Seasonal highs of 91 tackles (2018) & 101 tackles (2019).

Vs.

Jamal Adams:
    36 games.
    209 combined tackles.
    128 solo tackles.
    18 tackles for loss.
    2 forced fumbles.
    2.0 sacks.
    (0 Defense TDs).

(Seasonal highs of 67 tackles (2015) and 76 tackles (2016).

Vs

Jamal Adams had single game career highs in tackles of 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 10, 11, 11 and 13.

Hamsah Nasirildeen had single game career highs in tackles of 9, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12, 15, 17 and 22.

My excitement level goes through the roof for this kid and an ACL injury isn't going to change that because he looked downright awesome during his two games last year in 2020 while coming back from injury and recorded 13 tackles (1.5 for loss) with an INTERCEPTION returned for 25 yards (I was estatic for this kid and went absolutely nuts for him, to just see him out there making plays like he once did was an awesome feeling I'll never forget).

He's BACK!!!

And this interview of him (below) is post-injury and I can just tell from following him throughout his FSU career that he's humbled because of it (has been through a lot) and he's now focused as ever.

Joe Douglas and coach Robert Saleh just gave him a 2nd chance @ Football (when no other team would) and this kid isn't going to let us down; because he won't let himself down (he's the TOUGHEST and most physical FSU DB that I've ever witnessed).

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    boozer32, egelband and IDFjet like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@DefenseWinsChampionships

You are pumping this Jets draft class with no limit.

I hope you are right. Missed playoff football.

4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

@DefenseWinsChampionships dude u are LEGIT bringing it with all of these crazy in-depth, informative posts. producing a lot of quality content for the board to read, which is a nice change of pace from my pathologically nonsensical "silly-ness." Good job, bro! :););) Keep up the good work! :):):)

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well i don't know enough about any of our other rookies to comment on but I know enough about the likes of Zach Wilson, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter and HAMSAH NASIRILDEEN to be A++ excited about this 2021 draft class.

I just feel like heading into 2021 under coach Robert Saleh while coming off a 2-14 2020 disaster (Adam Gase) will become a reincarnation of 1997 under Bill Parcells after 1996's 1-15 disaster (Rich Kotite) in terms of a 100% complete culture change within both the locker room and on playing field.

And always keep in mind.

2009 had...

Rookie HC (Rex).
    Rookie OC (Shotty Jr.).
    Rookie DC (Pettine).
    Rookie QB (Sanchez).

Vs.

Rookie HC (Saleh).
    Rookie OC (LaFleur).
    Rookie DC (Ulbrich).
    Rookie QB (Wilson).

No NFL expert's ever gave those Jets teams a fighting chance before heading into 1997 and 2009 and I don't believe many are giving these soon to be 2021 Jets a fighting chance either; but I'm super confident that we're going to shock the AFC East this year within another Bradyless division.

PS: Hamsah Nasirildeen is making an All NFL Rookie team here in 2021 (following the footsteps of Jamal Adams) and by year 3 he's going to develop into an All-Pro (steal of the draft).

#5 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 10, 2021
    egelband likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thnx you man.

As an FSU fan I had to create this thread because I just feel like there are a lot of Jets fans who look at "6th round" and aren't truly realizing what type of player and what type of Rookie prospect we're truly receiving in Hamsah Nasirildeen.

This kid is A+ special man and hopefully this thread (my OP) will pump up a lot of us heading into training camp about Nas in terms of realizing just how awesome of an FSU player he truly was.

Joe Douglas for MVP because not only did he receive two 1st round picks for Jamal (one being Vera-Tucker + 2022's 1st) but he also replaced Jamal Adams with Hamsah Nasirildeen; and I'm just loving it.

azhar80 and patleahy like this.
  7. patleahy

been some pretty tough times of late for FSU @DefenseWinsChampionships what do u think of Norvell? do u believe he is the guy to bring FSU back to the top of the mountain or are u not sold on him? I was stunned at how rapidly things went downhill for Jimbo after Winston left.

#7 patleahy, Jun 10, 2021
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nope. I don't like Mike Norvell whatsoever because not only do I hate his resume (0-3 in bowl games) but I dislike his personality (has Adam Gase vibes for some reason). We need our next Bobby Bowden. Someone who is discipled but also absolutely loved his kids (like a father). No. I don't like Norvell (hope he proves me wrong).

Our 2013 & 2014 run under Winston was awesome. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Two Years of back to back undefeated seasons including a National Championship (only 1 loss during year #2 during the National Championship Game).

During our 2 year run it was more than just Winston too. We had ballers everywhere.

Not all of these players impacted the NFL but in NCAA play they were all absolute fire

QB: Jameis Winston.

RBs: DeVonta Freeman, Karlos Williams, James Wilder Jr. and Dalvin Cook.

WRs: Rashad Greene, Kelvin Benjamin, Kenny Shaw, Travis Rudolph and Jesus Wilson.

TE: Nick O'Leary.

O-Line: Cameron Erving, Bryan Stork,

K: Roberto Aguayo.

Defense: where do I start?

All were drafted into the NFL (wasn't fair).

Telvin Smith (LB).
    Christian Jones (LB).
    Terrance Smith (LB).
    Ukeme Eligwe (LB).
    Matthew Thomas (LB).
    Jaylen Ramsey (DB).
    Lamarcus Joyner (DB).
    Ronald Darby (DB).
    Terrence Brooks (DB).
    P.J Williams (DB).
    Trey Marsha (DB).
    Timmy Jernigan (DT).
    Eddie Goldman (DT).
    Jacobbi McDaniel (DT).
    Derrick Nnadi (DT).
    DeMarcus Walker (DE).

Etc. Etc.

That run under Winston was wild.

But you've gotta understand one thing about Florida Football. We all have our runs of high and low points from FSU, Miami and the Gators. When we're good we're great and when we're bad we're rebuilding etc. And now we've got to compete with USF out of Tampa and UCF out of Orlando.

Put it this way.

If the state of Florida only had 1 major Football program for recruiting? Not even Alabama would be able to beat us because there is nothing and I mean nothing like Florida High School Football (it's a religion down here).

PS: Hamsah Nasirildeen is the most physical DB within FSU history (of my generation at least) never seen anyone quite like him before.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. patleahy

great response @DefenseWinsChampionships legit question for you..what exactly happened with Jimbo? why did he flame out like he did??? i am legit curious, bc I was stunned at how things ended for him down there.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

#10 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

It a started in 2017 because he lost his QB due to injury week 1 and almost had our first below .500 losing season for the first time since 1976 (even before ACC play) and because of our on field struggles that year with our QB getting injured he was used as a scapegoat. Because of his players academics. Graded out as the worst division 1 school in the Country for academics amongst his players but you know what? Fk that. Most of his FSU players came from poverty and the slums of Florida. He wasn't their teacher. He was their Football coach and his only goal was saving these kids by sending them into the NFL and he did an amazing job @ that. He would let his players play even if their grades were ineligible and thankfully so because he sent so many kids into the NFL. I don't blame Jimbo. He didn't have the heart to see a struggling kid in the classroom not play on the football field. Education is important but at the time so was getting his kids drafted into the NFL. I loved Jimbo.

12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i didnt know aboout this player...

now i am way more interested cos DWC just dissed Jamal the Mowf

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Its going to be a lot more members than just HOTJ that will need to make peace with this..

NCJetsfan, FJF and Noam like this.
  14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Has he recovered from his injury?

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. 100% fully recovered.

He came back to play two games this year after injury and looked absolutely awesome, looked incredible during his Senior bowl scrimmage and has also been turning heads here in OTAs; steal of the draft.

dmw likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I read a piece about this kid... called him a diamond in the rough.

I do like his playing style...

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He was REALLY good at Florida State.

Obviously being an alumni, I follow them closely. I think he could be very good in this league

18. patleahy

haha never knew we had so many FSU guys here on TGG who were also Jets fans.

19. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I think we have few guys this year drafted late or undrafted that will shock us in a few years how impactful they become, I really love this pick

NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  20. patleahy

haha IF that indeed is the case @NYGANGGREEN, then JD did a HELL of a job! :););)