2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And now Palmieri, on a brilliant steal in front of the net!

2. statjeff22

What they need to NOT do is turtle.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Islanders up 4-2 with only 3:00 left and NYI fans are going NUTS!

Go NY go NY go!

#FkBoston!!!

4. statjeff22

YES YES YES!!!!

A chance for revenge against the Lightning coming up!

5. statjeff22

At least two more games at The Old Barn!

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Going to be an awesome series.

Lighting vs. Islanders!

I'm definitely getting me game 1 tickets and taking my daughter to her first hockey game so far I've taken her to a bunch of Rays game, Knicks @ Orlando game, Jets @ Buccaneers game and FSU vs. UF but never an NHL hockey game but man even as a Rangers fan growing up your Islanders have given me hockey fever and I just want to see New York celebrate!

7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

HUGE WIN!!! YES! YES! YES!

P.S. Can someone explain to me why coaches have masks on when players, refs and fans don't? :cool:

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Glorious game. Bruins didn’t look confident at all whereas the good guys came in to win the game.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m going to eat crow, I honestly did not think Isles would dominate the Bruins the way they did, all of us here have been clamoring for offense, because we know that this team is going to be tough to beat if they had a better offensive team.

we were obviously correct in our assessment of this team, the offensive outburst shows this team can win the cup if they could score goals.

Great job by this team,I’m a very happy Islanders fan.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

YES
    YES
    YES
    YES

DOMINATION!

REMATCH!..... Going to be a tough one again, but this team is the lil engine that could..... Anders will be missed for sure.
    Hope they announce the schedule soon, to see if I'm making the 3+ hr drive to catch a game..... :cool:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Congrats on the series win, fellas! I don't know how many of you watched Round 1 of the Caps-Bruins, but what Trotz and the Isles did to them in Round 2 is truly impressive stuff. They were basically able to shut down the top guys. Now the Islanders are scoring goals too. Scary combo for the rest of the NHL!

The defending Stanley Cup Champion Lightning won't be easy, but the Islanders have a legitimate chance to win. Good luck!

Side note: Last night was the first time really where I noticed Capitals fans upset and freaking out that Barry Trotz has returned to his second straight ECF and won 5 playoff series, while the Capitals have won 0 since he left. I understood the decision at the time, but no doubt it keeps looking worse and worse.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm a Rangers fan and it's hard as hell to root for the Islanders normally, but having known Palmieri since I was 6 or 7 years old, man it is absolutely incredible to watch him play at this level and having success. Finding myself cheer and scream over an Islanders goal is super weird :D:D

Hopefully the run continues! LFG!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yeah man I was a Rangers fan as a kif haven't really watched hockey since those Messier, Graves, Richter and GRETZKY days (towards the end) but man oh man are the Islanders exciting especially with our JETS supporting them.

I just want NY to win. As I'm watching the games? I keep telling myself that these longtime suffering Jets fans, deserve this!

Hopefully one day the NY Knicks players will be packing the Jets house with NY Giants fans rooting for our JETS for NY (as we rooted for them over N.E) that would be pretty awesome.

Side note; I'll never root for the NJ Nets. They aren't a real NY team to me and I'll always consider them NJ (like the Devils!).

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Look who's representing the Isles at his press conference.

[​IMG]

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah I get what you mean. I always wish the Islanders and their fans well, but this playoffs I really have been cheering for them. Obviously Round 1 I wanted them over Pittsburgh, and then in Round 2 I wanted them over Boston who just eliminated the Capitals. They really are fun to watch right now though. Dan Feeney going nuts in the crowd. Amazing energy at the coliseum. Gotta love it!

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

He gets it!

I wanted Jim Harbaugh because of offensive experience but I'm already sold on coach Saleh because, well; DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

This man is awesome our players will love playing for him.

17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

We will have to wait to see how everything plays out over the next couple of years but I get the feeling that Douglas and Saleh will be our version of the Bills combo of Beane and McDermott. I just have this feeling they will build a winning culture.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

And then these NY Islanders players can pay homage pack MetLife come the playoffs while acting like a bunch of crazy animals @ the game!

(I'd love it).

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ALL GAS..... NO BRAKE!

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Last season I was hopeful but not particularly optimistic about beating the Lightning, who felt like it was their time last year. I’m a bit more optimistic this year despite how good the Lightning have looked so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.